DSRTurtle
+56|6832

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Well...

that sucked like a giant Hoover...
as do 95% of nascar road races

bring on the ovals!!!!!!!
I love the road races because they are different.  They really do seperate the real drivers from the racers.
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

DSRTurtle wrote:

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Well...

that sucked like a giant Hoover...
as do 95% of nascar road races

bring on the ovals!!!!!!!
I love the road races because they are different.  They really do seperate the real drivers from the racers.
maybe if they ran them for a whole season...

anyways, those cars aren't meant for a road course. to me, there is nothing better than an oval track race.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
I love the road course races, they produce some of the best racing all year.  As we could see on sunday, there were many different strategies, and fuel/cautions once again played/could have played a huge role in the result.  The only thing I didnt care for sunday was the win by the 18...bah...Bah...BAH...
little dumbo eared goober...

As far as the new car and road racing hehe
This car is more suited to road racing than any car in Cup history.  The splitter, the wing...the balance from left to right in the body...the fact that the driver sits more toward the CG of the car...
lots of reasons really...
The only thing that hurts it, is its high CG, so cornering with it can be a bit more of a challenge, but oh well hehe

Watkins Glen will be a good race this year, no doubt in my mind.
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

I love the road course races, they produce some of the best racing all year.  As we could see on sunday, there were many different strategies, and fuel/cautions once again played/could have played a huge role in the result.  The only thing I didnt care for sunday was the win by the 18...bah...Bah...BAH...
little dumbo eared goober...

As far as the new car and road racing hehe
This car is more suited to road racing than any car in Cup history.  The splitter, the wing...the balance from left to right in the body...the fact that the driver sits more toward the CG of the car...
lots of reasons really...
The only thing that hurts it, is its high CG, so cornering with it can be a bit more of a challenge, but oh well hehe

Watkins Glen will be a good race this year, no doubt in my mind.
I'm glad JGR won even if it was the punk assed kid.  Tony got screwed by Harvick overdriving his car.  I expect to see Tony giving the 29 a coupole of nudges at a short track soon.  And they won't be the friendly kind of a nudge.

I was right about the 24 getting a top 5 and the 48 sucking.   Jr didn't have too bad a day.  Congrats to Gilliand for finishing 2nd.  I'm glad to see Yates team racing for wins.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
The rumor mill runs rampant...
is it even silly season yet?

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion … index.html

If even half this stuff takes place, once again in 09' we are looking at a major shake up in driver line-ups. 
I wish Tony & JD would get it togeather and tell the rest of us something hehe
I can't help but think that Tony wants back in those chevy's, even though it looks like Toyota may in fact have a Hp advantage. 

On a side note:  I dont think Truex will stay at DEI, we know Mark probably wont...it saddens me, but I think DEI is on the verge of becomming a second rate team.  (see Micheal Waltrip Racing, HAAS CNC...etc etc)
Its my opinion Mrs. Earnhardt has put a royal f**king on DEI...one from which it may never recover.
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

The rumor mill runs rampant...
is it even silly season yet?

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/opinion … index.html

If even half this stuff takes place, once again in 09' we are looking at a major shake up in driver line-ups. 
I wish Tony & JD would get it togeather and tell the rest of us something hehe
I can't help but think that Tony wants back in those chevy's, even though it looks like Toyota may in fact have a Hp advantage. 

On a side note:  I dont think Truex will stay at DEI, we know Mark probably wont...it saddens me, but I think DEI is on the verge of becomming a second rate team.  (see Micheal Waltrip Racing, HAAS CNC...etc etc)
Its my opinion Mrs. Earnhardt has put a royal f**king on DEI...one from which it may never recover.
Mears is a pretty good drivers but driving for Hendrick he gets picked on because he's not performing like JJ or Gordon or Jr.  For the most part he keeps his car clean and stays out of trouble. 

I hope Tony stays with JGR but we will see. 

Truex is going to have to leave for a better ride.  Petty is looking to be a better team right now than DEI.  Both Mark and Truex are keepign DEI above water right now but it they leave it will be a sad day for DEI.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Just a little heads up gents...
This weekends race is saturday night @ 19.30 hours.  I only mention this because when i heard the add for it today on TV, I wasnt prepared for saturday night.
Thought I'd pass it on.

DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

This weekends race is saturday night @ 19.30 hours.  I only mention this because when i heard the add for it today on TV, I wasnt prepared for saturday night.
Thought I'd pass it on.

Oh hell that's not good for me
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Its Loudon, Turtle hehe
I dont think you'll miss much.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

TC.Troy wrote:

Thought I'd pass it on.

Well, either I have gotten some bad info, misheard what I thought i heard, or something is seriously screwed-up.
According to the NASCAR schedule...this weekends race will be on Sunday at, or about 12.30...

**Mears out at HMS after 2008:
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

Who didnt see this comming?

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-06-27 08:24:55)

Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6564|Florida

TC.Troy wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Thought I'd pass it on.

Well, either I have gotten some bad info, misheard what I thought i heard, or something is seriously screwed-up.
According to the NASCAR schedule...this weekends race will be on Sunday at, or about 12.30...

**Mears out at HMS after 2008:
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

Who didnt see this comming?
Yeah I read your post earlier and I thought I don't ever recall ever seeing lights at Loudon. As for Mears being out out of the #5 , it was also reported on Sirius NASCAR chanel this morning that Hendrick also said that Mark Martin is the most likely candidate to step in on a full time basis. Sorry if that was mentioned in the article, but I'm too lazy to click on it now and read it.
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

Strngs012 wrote:

it was also reported on Sirius NASCAR chanel this morning that Hendrick also said that Mark Martin is the most likely candidate to step in on a full time basis.
o shi- 
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Yeah oh sh- it correct hehe
If Mark were to take another full time ride...I dont see him taking it with any other team, save HMS.
That could be a killer combination, and a big lift to that team period.  Take Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, Jimmy, add to that Mark Martin and ...

yeah...

oh sh-

hehe
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720
Well, at least it wasnt Kyle...
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

Well, at least it wasnt Kyle...
I really hate NASCAR for their weather related decisions.  Every other rain race is called.  In between they restart and have these tail end of the lead lap cars in the fucking way that takes out 1 or 2 top 5 cars when they wreck on the restart.  Make up your fucking mind NASCAR.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Fun to see Montoya and Shrub tangling.
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

Stingray24 wrote:

Fun to see Montoya and Shrub tangling.
I was surprised to see that Montonya didn't get a rough driving penalty for turning Busch under caution.  Everything up to that point looked like racing and trying to keep from getting wrecked by both drivers.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6591|The Land of Scott Walker
Shrub deserves some of his own medicine.  Let em sort it out on the track and Kyle might MIGHT learn some manners. The list of drivers that have a right to put Kyle in the wall in return for what he did to them just keeps growing.  Props to Montoya for booting him when he had the chance.  That's old school NASCAR way.  I'm sick of this "Kyle starts the whole thing, but the victim retaliates gets fined" bs from NASCAR.
i g
Banned
+876|6010|GA

i didnt even watch it. how was it?

just looked at the results--what a strange race it looks to have been
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

i didnt even watch it. how was it?

just looked at the results--what a strange race it looks to have been
It was a bizzare race really.  Jr led some, had a pretty decent long run car at the begining...then it went to shit.  He was holding on to the top 10 when trying to get into the pits and was tagged HARD in the right rear by the 26.  Who btw, was a half a line below the yellow friggin line...dip-sh*t...

Then cautions, pit strategy etc etc (yada yada...) put the 88, 1 bloody place above the 18 when it was called.  No real points gained there...

Loved to see Juan Pablo's temper here too, for sure he showed it in F1 hehe.  Nice to see Kyle has found someone that he cant rough up
DSRTurtle
+56|6832

TC.Troy wrote:

It was a bizzare race really.  Jr led some, had a pretty decent long run car at the begining...then it went to shit.  He was holding on to the top 10 when trying to get into the pits and was tagged HARD in the right rear by the 26.  Who btw, was a half a line below the yellow friggin line...dip-sh*t...
there is no out of bounds there.  I was surprised to see Jr's car get lifted up like it did.  That's the first time I've seen someone get under the guy infront of them like that with the new car.

Montoya did get hit with a penalty at the end of the race.  2laps.  dropping him to 34th. 

Who did Kasey spin out earlier in the race because i forgot who spun him out a while later?

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2008-06-29 17:11:02)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6720

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

there is no out of bounds there.  I was surprised to see Jr's car get lifted up like it did.  That's the first time I've seen someone get under the guy infront of them like that with the new car.

Montoya did get hit with a penalty at the end of the race.  2laps.  dropping him to 34th. 

Who did Kasey spin out earlier in the race because i forgot who spun him out a while later?
Yeah I know there is no "out of bounds" at Loudon.  Thats not the point hehe.
The 9 spun the 8...Almirola did a hell of a job holding on to that racecar for as long as he did.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard