Banned
+876|5885|GA

fuck yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6466|The Land of Scott Walker

TC.Troy wrote:

Thats a fine fathers day gift imo hehe

means a little something w/Jr. wishing yo happy fathers day...
A fine gift it is!  Nice to see such a class act of a guy win.  Chevy powaaaah!
DSRTurtle
+56|6707
Jr fans can stop whining about the winless streak now.  LMAO
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595

DSRTurtle wrote:

Jr fans can stop whining about the winless streak now.  LMAO
:p

Jr has run better this year, than he has in years.  Jr. Nation has nothing to whine about really.  But I know they are (were hehe)...its been the media mostly.  Almost every 88 fan I know, has been wanting that win, but has been really happy he is running so consistantly.
Thats something his father won many Cup titles doing.  I know the Chase has made all that so different, but as you can see, consistancy still means a lot.

Anyway hehe fuel mileage, wreck, whatever...I'll take it and be happy. 

Now Sonoma...
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6661
That's so awesome that he won today. You should have seen my dad. He was running on vapor basically. It was dumb how there were two cautions in like 3 laps though. Stupid drivers.
i g
Banned
+876|5885|GA

Stingray24
That was a good read, thx for posting.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
wow...
Nice read ig, great find, thx for posting that

+1
i g
Banned
+876|5885|GA

no problem. i knew you guys would like it
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6439|Florida
Damm ig, nice find, I enjoyed that. On a side note I'm always stuck in my truck on Sunday's in my truck and never get to watch cup races anymore, so I've been listening to them on AM radio. Well this week the local Tampa radio station didn't cover the race so I didn't get to hear it at all. So I fixed the problem by getting a Sirius radio, now I'll be able to listen wherever I am crystal clear.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
nice
Sirius has some decent programming from what I can tell.  Thats cool cat, enjoy
i g
Banned
+876|5885|GA

i would almost rather listen to it on the radio.

Eye-GiZzLe wrote:

i fucking hate nbc/tnt's coverage.

Last edited by Eye-GiZzLe (2008-06-19 18:03:45)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
So...Sonoma...road course...Juan Pablo got his first Cup win here last year (shock shock )...

I dont see Kyle running all that well here, the 20 has a decent setup for this place, and for sure he has the extra power under the hood this year, but I just dont see big things from JGR sunday.

Pit strategy has soooo much to do with the outcome here...and with that said:
I fully expect the 24 and 48 will be good here sunday...Jr. isnt a road racer, no denying that, otherwise I would include him in that list as well.  Look for Jr. to post a solid top 10, and most likely gain points on the 18, and perhaps the 31 as well.

Either way, no matter the result, it's gonna be a good race.
DSRTurtle
+56|6707

TC.Troy wrote:

So...Sonoma...road course...Juan Pablo got his first Cup win here last year (shock shock )...

I dont see Kyle running all that well here, the 20 has a decent setup for this place, and for sure he has the extra power under the hood this year, but I just dont see big things from JGR sunday.

I fully expect the 24 and 48 will be good here sunday...Jr. isnt a road racer, no denying that, otherwise I would include him in that list as well.  Look for Jr. to post a solid top 10, and most likely gain points on the 18, and perhaps the 31 as well.

Point 1, JJ is not a good road racer either, his average finish at Infineon is worse than 20th. I don't see the 48 finishing in the top 10. 
Pont 2. Gordon has been lucky with how they have finished because of bad things happening to cars ahead of him near the end of the race.  Although Gordon is a good road racer so I expect to see him in the top 10 regardless.
Point 3, Stewart is a good road racer so I expect to see him in the top 5 regardless.  I want to see Stewart win just to silence some critics. 
Point 4, Jr is not that bad of a road racer.  He has gotten much better as a driver on road courses.  I hope Tony Eury Jr has enough brains to go to the 24 and ask for their setup to help Jr do better.  No I'm not a Jr fan but I have a lot of respect for him because of the way he handles things off the track.  I excpect Jr to finish between 11th and 15th.
Point 5, If Kyle can keep his head out of his ass in the race car this weekend he can finish in the top 10 easily. 
Point 6, Burton will be a threat to finish in the top 10 as he's gotten much better at road racing when Robby Gordon was there. 
Point 7, Road Courses sepearte the true racers from the wanna be's.

I expect Stewart to win on Sunday.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
Point taken, and all those points are quite valid.  Kinda glad we dissagree tbh.  The race will tell, sunday will be nice.

Great observations Turtle.

Kinda lends a bit of competition to the race hehe

lets see what happens sunday
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
http://www.nascar.com/races/leaderboard/cup/practice/

Practice charts. 

pretty much reflects what I said, tbh.  Althought, this Is practice, who knows what raceday will bring.
Refresh the page to get an update on time/speed.

enjoy

*edit:  ok...it's 17.30 and quals are about to get underway...disregard the above ;p

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-06-20 14:34:06)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595

TC.Troy wrote:

well, qualifying has proven me corect...thus far...the race is yet to be seen.
the one bright spot for JGR is the 11 car.  *joy joy*

hehe
i g
Banned
+876|5885|GA

not too in to the whole road racing thing. hopefully stewart will pick up his first win of the year (if jr. doesnt get his 2nd).
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6439|Florida

DSRTurtle wrote:

I hope Tony Eury Jr has enough brains to go to the 24 and ask for their setup to help Jr do better.
Are you kidding me? Got enough brains? You make it sound like he was promoted from head floor sweeper last week to crew chief. Trust me he doesn't need to go trotting over to the 24 to borrow there setups because I'm sure all the info they have, he has.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
Hey gents...
dunno if all of you know this, but Tracr will be public pretty soon I think.  There may (may not be an EE section...

So...

With that said, I'd like to petition to have a NASCAR group started.  Invite only at first perhaps, then public later.  Seems there aren't HUGE numbers of fans on the board...atm.  But who knows when Tracr goes public.  Stingray may be well ahead of me on this...dunno...

Point is, I love this thread, I check it every chance I get.  Posters in this thread may not agree with me, but I have come to value and respect your opinions.  I'd hate for that to go away.

*ok touching moment over*

:p

Final practice went well...mostly, pretty much as I predicted.
Sunday will be good.

Stingray24
Must ... have ... EE section!  But if not, a NASCAR group is a must.  We're all civil and all anyway ... cept when it comes to Shrub.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595

Stingray24 wrote:

Must ... have ... EE section!  But if not, a NASCAR group is a must.  We're all civil and all anyway ... cept when it comes to Shrub.
That punk?!?  civil??  US!?! NEVER!!

hehe

yeah, everybody in here is spot on, an example of what can be done, with a carefully watch (reported hehe) thread. 

And nobody is "billy bob" stupid.

Tbh, I love it
DSRTurtle
+56|6707

Strngs012 wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

I hope Tony Eury Jr has enough brains to go to the 24 and ask for their setup to help Jr do better.
Are you kidding me? Got enough brains? You make it sound like he was promoted from head floor sweeper last week to crew chief. Trust me he doesn't need to go trotting over to the 24 to borrow there setups because I'm sure all the info they have, he has.
All I'm saying is he should get the setup from the 24 to help Jr.  I wasn't implying he was stupid.  DAMN!!!  He had enough brains and a lot of luck to get Jr a win last week.  As much as I can't stand Jeff he does know how to road race.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595

DSRTurtle wrote:

Strngs012 wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

All I'm saying is he should get the setup from the 24 to help Jr.  I wasn't implying he was stupid.  DAMN!!!  He had enough brains and a lot of luck to get Jr a win last week.  As much as I can't stand Jeff he does know how to road race.
I don't think anyone thinks Tony Jr. is stupid.  Not by a long shot.  He has made some dumbhead calls in the past...but really...how much of that is due to the fact that Jr. chewed his ass a bit, threw a tantrum, and HE was the one responsible in the end.  I'm just sayin'...
Fact is, Little E is comfortable with him, and means a lot as we all know.
I think Turtle is right tbh, if TOny jr. doesnt at least check out the set-up on the 48/24...he's nuts.  They run well here.

Baring anything unforeseen or stupid, I look for the 24 to win this.  he has motivation .  Ella's b-day was friday.

damn her mother is nice...

I said that...out loud even...
oh well 
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6595
Well joy...the 88 is junk atm...

*shakes head*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard