Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Sorry, but clipping someone who one is making an effort to pass is world's different than purposefully beating on the side of someone's car.  Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
The#1Spot
+105|6510|byah

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

I admire the ones who can watch it for more than 5 minutes, to me it consists of an endless game of left turns.

Inb4euroinvasion I know but it just sucks, how can you watch it.
Very easily. You don't see it because you're not an American. Just like we can't see why people in Austrailia and Europe like that God awful sport you call Cricket..

Go Dale Jr, btw.
I hate nass-khar to the point I wish they would have their own channel. I want to watch dtm, F1, rally and scca racing on speed channel but no nass-char needs to show practice, qualifying,racing, after the race, nass-khar poker and other bs . btw I live in florida.
Stingray24
Start a DTM, F1, rally, scca thread then, yes?

Edit: I'm happy to discuss the cool things about the other series of racing, but this isn't the thread for that.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-02-12 14:01:13)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

Stingray24 wrote:

Funny thing is, I don't think Stewart did anything wrong.  Kurt got himself spun by moving down to block Tony.  No reason to block someone in practice, but that's what Kurt does.  Tony didn't retaliate after Kurt beat the side of his car 3 times either.  Seems like Tony should get some credit for that.  Oh well, what's done is done and in the end it's a Dodge and a Toyota driver so who cares if they get penalized.
Tony got probation because he backed up to block Kurt leaving pit lane, headed to the garage.  Thats NASCARS story anyway.  Personally, I think its because Tony popped Kurt in the face in the hauler hehe.

I dont mind Tony (detest Kurt, and Kyle for that matter), I can take or leave him, good or bad...

My problem is fair and reasonable rules and enforcement of said.  So according to NASCAR, Tony remained stationary to block the 2, and he gets the same punsihment as Kurt, who used a 3400lb WOUNDED stock car as a battering ram...

makes sense to me...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

The#1Spot wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

dayarath wrote:

I don't like NASCAR.

I admire the ones who can watch it for more than 5 minutes, to me it consists of an endless game of left turns.

Inb4euroinvasion I know but it just sucks, how can you watch it.
Very easily. You don't see it because you're not an American. Just like we can't see why people in Austrailia and Europe like that God awful sport you call Cricket..

Go Dale Jr, btw.
I hate nass-khar to the point I wish they would have their own channel. I want to watch dtm, F1, rally and scca racing on speed channel but no nass-char needs to show practice, qualifying,racing, after the race, nass-khar poker and other bs . btw I live in florida.
You certainly are entitiled to your opinion, and have stated it.

Thank you

now go away 
Stingray24
Agreed, TC.Troy, there is not equity in the punishment.  As I watch the video, Tony was on the inside lane and had the right to turn in first, but he slowed and stopped because Kurt was headed at his right side for the 4th time.  Not sure how they call that blocking pfffff.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

Stingray24 wrote:

Agreed, TC.Troy, there is not equity in the punishment.  As I watch the video, Tony was on the inside lane and had the right to turn in first, but he slowed and stopped because Kurt was headed at his right side for the 4th time.  Not sure how they call that blocking pfffff.
Aye

Biggest problem in NASCAR right now...is NASCAR and its interpretation of its own rulebook.
Stingray24
Tony did it right.  You're supposed to fight the other guy in the garage, not beat on each others cars.  Though old school NASCAR did both.
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Shem wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Go Dale Jr, btw.
Im in England and I watched NASCAR yesterday.

It was boring.
..battling for position on a track going 200+ MPH while being able to crank my home theatre and hear all the sounds of the cars is AWESOME.
Like F1 then?

I actually quite like NASCAR, it's pretty interesting to watch. (British here )

Last edited by Simon (2008-02-12 14:23:25)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
Aye, F1 rocks.

I dont miss F1 races, even though it means I stay up wicked late (Australian Gp, Malaysian GP, Bahrain etc etc.  Cant wait for the F1 season to begin.
Singapore should be one hell of a race...its to be at night

Hated to see Shumaker retire tho, he could do amazing things with a racecar.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
We ready for the Gatorade Duels tommorow afternoon?

Any picks on the winner of heat 1 and 2?

**88**

Lets hope Jr. can do as well in his as he did in the shootout. 

In the end, it matters little...starting position at Daytona isnt important...

Drafting well however, is...
Stingray24
The story of how Daytona International was built is on SPEED.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
Yeah, I watched that last thursday, or saturday...or something...
grr...the last week has been a damn blurr, it has.

Anyway...aye, good show it is.  Seen "NASCAR in 30 seconds"?  Thats a riot too, all the commercials and stuff.
TGMaverick
+16|6200
I'm thinking of taking tomorrow afternoon off so that I can watch the duels.  Either that, or I'm going to have to reconfigure the firewalls at work so I can stream the race on my 'puter.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543

TGMaverick wrote:

I'm thinking of taking tomorrow afternoon off so that I can watch the duels.  Either that, or I'm going to have to reconfigure the firewalls at work so I can stream the race on my 'puter.
I had planned on taking tommorow off, now its down to a half day...maybe...

ahhh the joys of the self employed...bullsh*t hehe

welcome to the thread btw
TGMaverick
+16|6200
Looks like problems for the whole Hendrick bunch...

NASCAR.COM wrote:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Those powerful, seemingly unbeatable Hendrick Motorsports cars had major engine problems Wednesday during practice for the Daytona 500.

Two-time defending champion and pole-sitter Jimmie Johnson, four-time series champ Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears all were forced to change engines because of a lifter problem likely caused by a bad batch of coating.
http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlin … index.html

Hopefully #88 gets their motors fixed...I could care less about the #48 and even less about the #24.
Stingray24
It's been an issue for others teams including Toyota.  They caught it though, so I'm sure they'll be fine.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
Yeah I read that bit.  Bad scene that is.  But...you may take comfort in the fact that Hendricks back up/second line stuff is just as good as the race day stuff.  That which all the Hendrick haters, hated, is now (for some) going to be potential salvation.

So the wheel turns hehe.

No time off for me today, lucky I'm able to cathc this few minutes...love my job   *grumble grumble*

Ah well, enjoy'em for me hehe

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
don't you have to start at the back if you change engines? i know they made a new rule regarding engines in the past season or 2, but i'm not sure of the specifics.
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx
How's it going Stingray? Long time no see.

This sorta falls under Nascar, but I got a ridealong present from my mom this past Christmas. I get, I think, 3-5 laps @ 200mph, full throttle, around Texas Motor Speedway. My brother got to drive one of the cars last year, but was only allowed to get it up to 124. Can't wait. Will be quite amazing. I'll have pictures and video I'm sure.
Stingray24
Sahweet!  I want to do that sometime.  Make sure to post the pics and vids.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

Stingray24 wrote:

Sahweet!  I want to do that sometime.  Make sure to post the pics and vids.
TGMaverick
+16|6200

ig wrote:

don't you have to start at the back if you change engines? i know they made a new rule regarding engines in the past season or 2, but i'm not sure of the specifics.
Yep, everyone who changed motors before the races today will have to start at the back of their respective race.  The motor change does not have any direct impact for the 500 on Sunday.  In fact, most (if not all) teams will change motors after today and put a new one in for the rest of the weekend.
Stingray24
I think the teams who changed engines are glad they can us the Duels to test their engines instead of taking chances in the 500 on Sunday.
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx
Word. I'll get something posted after it all happens. It was only $99, so I'm sure you can afford it. You live in Texas right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard