TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

Stingray24 wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

This track favors Hendrick, or Rousch.  Toyota is a BIg unknown, and with the obvious parity between mfg's...the race could go to anyone really.
Who are your guys pick for sunday?  Not who you want to win, but who you think will win...
I agree with your assessment.  I've found it very difficult to pick drivers because of the new dynamics the new car design brings.  My fantasy racing picks are Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Truex Jr., and Vickers.  Dale Jr. hasn't had the best of luck at this track and I think Jeff is itching for a win.  Kyle has been strong as much as he annoys me.  Truex Jr. has been a contender and I think he'll finish solid and Vickers really came through for me last week.
I gotta agree, it's been a Rousch/Hendrick show for 4 or more years...we'll see what the new car brings.
DSRTurtle
+56|6831
Pick the guys who have run well in the COT from last year.  They are your best bet for this year.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Ok...
missing practice, and qualifying, I will now make my top 5 picks (again, in no particular order)

24,48,20,18,16 (but, but...what to do with the 99 and the 17...they WILL be strong sunday, no doubt)

The 8 is looking nice, and when Mark qualifies well, he mostly runs well.  But I've seen DEI qual a car, then screw it up during the race.  This track lends itself well to Marks style, tire management is key, consistancy of line is key.  Both of which Mark is a master at.  And lets face it, the 8 car is nothing to be laughed at.

With that being said, my "other" picks for top 5 would be the 8 and the 88...but see above for the ones that really count.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

ig wrote:

you guys are gonna be jealous

me and my dad got 2 free vip passes to the saturday busch race (no i'll never call it the nationwide series)
now i get to go saturday and sunday for free!
Cat, that should be one hell of a race.  I envy you   But I'll take my 2 trips/4 races at Bristol, and smile hehehe
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

This track favors Hendrick, or Rousch.  Toyota is a BIg unknown, and with the obvious parity between mfg's...the race could go to anyone really.
Who are your guys pick for sunday?
Looks like the Toyota engines can take it.  So I'm going for the hometown punk Kyle Busch even though I want Tony to win.
Yeah, I gotta put Kyle in the top 2% on the win thing...damnit, it pains me greatly to say that.  I dont care what he drives.  He's an idiot and...nah, I wont go further hehe.

As far as engines are concerned, its going to be an issue, no doubt.  These engines in these COT's turn a few hundred more rpm than the old cr did.  Common sense says they have tuned and reinforced parts to compensate...we'll see.
DSRTurtle
+56|6831

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

Who are your guys pick for sunday?
Looks like the Toyota engines can take it.  So I'm going for the hometown punk Kyle Busch even though I want Tony to win.
Yeah, I gotta put Kyle in the top 2% on the win thing...damnit, it pains me greatly to say that.  I dont care what he drives.  He's an idiot and...nah, I wont go further hehe.

As far as engines are concerned, its going to be an issue, no doubt.  These engines in these COT's turn a few hundred more rpm than the old cr did.  Common sense says they have tuned and reinforced parts to compensate...we'll see.
LMAO.  I have said from Day 1 that Kyle is a punk, but that he can flat out drive.  I agree with you.  I hate his punk ass, but since he drives for my favorite team now I guess I have to tolerate his punk ass.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

TC.Troy wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

LMAO.  I have said from Day 1 that Kyle is a punk, but that he can flat out drive.  I agree with you.  I hate his punk ass, but since he drives for my favorite team now I guess I have to tolerate his punk ass.
I feel exactly the same re: Dale Jr and having to put up with Jimmy Johnsons ass...

and ya know...I dont see him and Tony getting along for very long, I think before the end of the season , those 2 will have issues.  Lets face it, Denny and Tony have had problems, and Denny is a far more "under control" driver than Kyle is.  Lets pray for coach Joe hehe

sucks, does it not? 

Last edited by TC.Troy (2008-03-01 08:46:14)

DSRTurtle
+56|6831
T.C. it does suck.  Denny's a pretty damned good driver too.  I hope that Kyle loses some of his punk ass attitude while at Gibbs.  If he does he may be better than Gordon and Johnson combined.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719

DSRTurtle wrote:

T.C. it does suck.  Denny's a pretty damned good driver too.  I hope that Kyle loses some of his punk ass attitude while at Gibbs.  If he does he may be better than Gordon and Johnson combined.
Makes me wanna hurl to agree...

but you are probably right.  Joe Gibbs Racing my be the best thing that ever happened to Kyle Busch.

Damnit...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6719
Watching "Tradin' Paint" on Speed atm...its painfully obvious Kyle Petty doesnt like Kyle Busch...at all

lol
DSRTurtle
+56|6831

TC.Troy wrote:

Watching "Tradin' Paint" on Speed atm...its painfully obvious Kyle Petty doesnt like Kyle Busch...at all

lol
I thought it was Denny Hamlin.  lmao. 

Either way Kyle Busch deserves the critism for his attitude and Jr doesn't deserve all the disrespect about his inablity to drive like his daddy.

I don't for Kurt Busch either but he does have some talent for winning a championship.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6590|The Land of Scott Walker
Dirty Roush Fords ... oh well least Earnhardt is 3rd right now.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6667
cmon jr!!!!!!
Stingray24
Pedal to the floorboard!
ig
+1,199|6667
2nd baby come on now
Stingray24
Buhahahahaha!  How's that wall Kurt?
Stingray24
Tighten those belts and pass that 99 Junior!
ig
+1,199|6667
wtf was that shit?
Stingray24
There goes my fantasy points ... hard hard impact for Jeff, hope he's ok.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-02 16:53:58)

ig
+1,199|6667

Stingray24 wrote:

There goes my fantasy points ... hard hard impact for Jeff, hope he's ok.
yea both him and stewart hit pretty damn hard today. looks like they're both ok though
Stingray24
Least Stewart was on the safer barrier, the infield wall doesn't have that.
ig
+1,199|6667

Stingray24 wrote:

Least Stewart was on the safer barrier, the infield wall doesn't have that.
pretty sure that'll be changing soon
lez go!

Last edited by ig (2008-03-02 17:13:17)

Stingray24
Go Go Go!
Stingray24
Couple more laps, he'd have had him.  Good finish Junior.  Damned Roush.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2008-03-02 17:16:18)

DSRTurtle
+56|6831
I'm so glad Jeff and Jimmy had bad days.  That pair desreves a ton of them to make up for all the NASCAR favoritism they got last year.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard