Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I am fairly new to GMod and I am wondering what addons are really worth while. Please post the good ones and a breif description.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6641|can
All of 'em.
Seriously.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Star Wars props mod
PHX Models (almost necessary...most other addons require it)
Explosives pack (Nukes, cluster bombs, etc...all types of win)
Vehicles pack
TF2 Melee Sweps (It's so fun lining up 40 Combine Soldiers and backstabbing them repeatedly)

Those are some I have and I LOVE THEM.
Frogfan105
+18|5998|Your basement
Go to Garrysmod.org and look at the list on the right, those are the most popular
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6750|the middle of nowhere
Wire Mod - latest version

PHX full - final version

^These^ are pretty much required to play on most servers.

Spacebuild packs - Build huge fricken ships. With lasers.

Those are pretty basic addons that you should have.

all at www.garrysmod.org

Also, there is a TON of other stuff and addons on there that you can download/add but make sure you know how to do it/where to place the files. If there is an info.txt or info.something (can't remember extension) then you place the files you downloaded in the garrysmod/addons folder. If there isn't, you place the files you download (should be materials/models/etc.) in the garrysmod folder. You can also google this stuff if you need help I guess.

Beware losing most of your hard drive space with downloads .
Frogfan105
+18|5998|Your basement
Go to Garrysmod.org and look at the list on the right, those are the most popular

Also defo get Wiremod, you can have so much fun with that. Build turrets, bombs, automated sentry systems, auto stabilizing planes, ECT...
Darkhelmet
cereal killer

Frogfan105 wrote:

Also defo get Wiremod, you can have so much fun with that. Build turrets, bombs, automated sentry systems, auto stabilizing planes, ECT...
Dude, you could build everything you just listed combined into one giant machine that was also a fortress that shot stealth missiles and had a ball pit for little kids to play in with bouncy balls that shot around and said "LOLOLOLOLOL....." behind them as they went. You can build a bathtub dispenser. You could add a catapult onto your fortress that launched bath tubs with bombs inside of them. I'm telling you, there's pretty much nothing you can't build in Gmod. In fact, a build server I was in once, there were a couple kids (maybe around 12, I don't know) who succeeded in building a giant mass of blocks that slightly resembled a naked chick. They then proceeded to do "stuff" with it.......Hmmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have posted that last part.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I got the PHX and wiremod (which I have no clue how to use). Also got the TF2 SWEPS, a portal SWEP (which isn't that good, need a new one), a sound emitter tool and an advance turret tool (turrets fire rockets, grenades, plasma and fire).
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6701
There really are a lot, one me and my friends occationally go on:

http://www.moddb.com/games/233/garrys-m … 2-released
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
The PHX are just a bunch of models folders that will appear under your objects menu that you can spawn. There's blocks, towers, and other random models that are good for building. The wire mod is a whole bunch of different tools that you can use to program stuff. They are in your tools menu. Stuff like wiring keypads or making buttons, making things explode, etc. Just google it for better info I guess.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6556|Brisbane, Aus

Wire mod

Door mod

Gmod plus

PHX pack final (there's an addon to this too)

Stargate Mod

maps - http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/foru … y.php?f=39

mods- http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/foru … y.php?f=42

LUA script tools/weapons - http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/foru … y.php?f=66

Last edited by Fenix14 (2008-02-12 22:51:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard