cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6443|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

HurricaИe wrote:

cowami wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bradleys win.   Id take an auto cannon over a single shot breech loader any day.

Id take TOW 2 missiles over a 120MM smooth bore.
Out of curiosity, are Bradleys amphibious (without a snorkel attachment thing)?

EDIT: Also, HurricaNe likes to whore them up in World in Conflict
Yep, and fascists like to ban me from their servers for using them because the internet is serious business
Unfortunately, in WiC

6 Bradleys + no AA < 3 T-90s + 4 Hinds

D:

EDIT: Another question: What's the difference between the M2 and M3?

Last edited by cowami (2008-02-11 17:49:29)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bradleys win.   Id take an auto cannon over a single shot breech loader any day.

you dont need an auto cannon or 2 TOW missiles when uve got a 120MM
but i agree its an awsome machine
you better not miss with that 120, by the time you reload, one Brad would take you and your wingmen out.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC

cowami wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

cowami wrote:

Out of curiosity, are Bradleys amphibious (without a snorkel attachment thing)?

EDIT: Also, HurricaNe likes to whore them up in World in Conflict
Yep, and fascists like to ban me from their servers for using them because the internet is serious business
Unfortunately, in WiC

6 Bradleys + no AA < 3 T-90s + 4 Hinds

D:

EDIT: Another question: What's the difference between the M2 and M3?
at the risk of being the armchair war czar, the M3 is a scout vehicle... smaller crew, 2 scouts, and more missiles

edit: lawl by smaller crew i mean less total people =/

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-02-11 17:52:00)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797
exactly it.  M3 is a cav track.  It has less room for dismounts, more room for electronics and missiles.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC
I saw this on wiki

M7 Bradley Fire Support Team

The Bradley FiST is designed to replace existing forward observation vehicles in the U.S. Army inventory, and adds an inertial navigation system and a new targeting station control panel. A mission-processor unit automates the fire-request system.

Is this basically a Bradley that works as a spotter for artillery? Speaking of which, does artillery (the MLRS and the M109 more than anything) still work by getting coordinates and then aiming? Or are those calculations done by computers (in regards to aiming the cannon)?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6347|Schofield Barracks

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

you better not miss with that 120, by the time you reload, one Brad would take you and your wingmen out.
Abrams rarely miss
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

HurricaИe wrote:

I saw this on wiki

M7 Bradley Fire Support Team

The Bradley FiST is designed to replace existing forward observation vehicles in the U.S. Army inventory, and adds an inertial navigation system and a new targeting station control panel. A mission-processor unit automates the fire-request system.

Is this basically a Bradley that works as a spotter for artillery? Speaking of which, does artillery (the MLRS and the M109 more than anything) still work by getting coordinates and then aiming? Or are those calculations done by computers (in regards to aiming the cannon)?
I dont knowt, Im a grunt.   But we had FISTers attached to our company.  They didnt do anything they were supposed to do and instead carried on as an extra bradley crew in an infantry company.  sucked for them.  stupid cannon cockers.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Abrams rarely miss
I think GS would know..
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

Poseidon wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Abrams rarely miss
I think GS would know..
he does, and they do.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Do you guys still use the firing ports they put on the Bradleys, or are they just for looks now (or even exist, for that matter)?
jsnipy
+3,276|6675|...

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I loved using them in BF 1942: Desert Combat.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|6085|Georgia, US of A
i think its a good weapon, but not very practical for cqb, sorry to say, the hmmvee is the best for cqb because of its easily movable top turret and the fast speed and high manuvereability
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6481

Wait, so what are the Linebackers in BF2? Another variant of the Bradley er what?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

Poseidon wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Abrams rarely miss
I think GS would know..
yea i know but
the Abrams and the Bradley differnt vehicles used for differnt objectives
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Wait, so what are the Linebackers in BF2? Another variant of the Bradley er what?
The M6 Bradley Linebacker.

Pretty much the same, but with Stingers rather than TOWs.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

cowami wrote:

Do you guys still use the firing ports they put on the Bradleys, or are they just for looks now (or even exist, for that matter)?
funny you should ask that.  did you know that that weapon has the fastest rate of fire for a small arm in our arsenal.  You have to wear these things called "heat mittens" (if I remember correctly) to fire em.  M231's were issued and we had to be accountable for em but we never used them in the real world, just for training to fuck around with.  They would go through a 30 round magazine in a few seconds.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Abrams rarely miss
I think GS would know..
yea i know but
yes and know.  Bradleys are tank destroyers, like abrams.  But guess what, Abrams dont have 6 killers in the back waiting to be let loose.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

smartdude992 wrote:

i think its a good weapon, but not very practical for cqb, sorry to say, the hmmvee is the best for cqb because of its easily movable top turret and the fast speed and high manuvereability
you are not serious are.  I think you have won the award for most innacurate post Ive read on my near 2 years posting in this forum.   

Truth is, guntrucks are death traps.  Wheeled vehicles suck.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

cowami wrote:

funny you should ask that.  did you know that that weapon has the fastest rate of fire for a small arm in our arsenal.  You have to wear these things called "heat mittens" (if I remember correctly) to fire em.  M231's were issued and we had to be accountable for em but we never used them in the real world, just for training to fuck around with.  They would go through a 30 round magazine in a few seconds.
<3 slinger
geNius
..!.,
+144|6595|SoCal

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I loved using them in BF 1942: Desert Combat.
In .38, when they had the secks ROF, yes!
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6114|Washington DC

cowami wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

The M6 Bradley Linebacker.

Pretty much the same, but with Stingers rather than TOWs.
And four missile firing tube things as opposed to two

edit: Yes hell yes, Bradleys kicked ass in DC. Uber ROF on the cannon and uber missiles. I loved the sound the missiles made. The Bradley in PoE was good as well. The cannon sucked against tanks tbh, but that TOW missile (player-guided... precursor to BF2's TV missiles) was awesome against, well, everything.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-02-11 18:07:46)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6797

cowami wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

cowami wrote:

<3 slinger
wootsauce lives
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I think GS would know..
yea i know but
yes and know.  Bradleys are tank destroyers, like abrams.  But guess what, Abrams dont have 6 killers in the back waiting to be let loose.
very true soon enough we will have some type of Abrams with an auto cannon and TOW system or a Bradley with a 120MM
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|6085|Georgia, US of A

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

cowami wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

<3 slinger
wootsauce lives
does anyone else put w00tsauce on their fish, or is that just me??
san4
The Mas
+311|6841|NYC, a place to live
I saw (I think on the Weaponology show, which is awesome) something about Bradleys being controversial when used as APC's. Some guy was saying that they are so heavily armed that they are going to engage enemies--but that puts the troops they're carrying at risk. A pure APC could be faster, carry more troops and maybe have more armor.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard