Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
knew a bradley once, nice quiet guy
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
https://www.brocofly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Sublime-Brad-Nowell-C10007053.jpeg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
quit derailing my thread faggot
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5475|Ventura, California

Jay wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Funny coincidence that all those friends of mine are Christians.

Also, no fking kidding that if you marry your highschool sweetheart it'll end in divorce military or not.
Yeah, because being Christian means your marriage will be blissful and won't end in divorce
Don't be a douche Jay

You don't find it interesting there are less divorces in Christian families? There's a reason for that, especially when Scripture is followed.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Uzique wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i'm 22 and i still barely have an idea what i want to do with my life. you're already mentally signing yourself up for 3 enlistments? rofl shifty, you silly jebend.
I know what I want to do. I guess some people aren't direction-less students.
a directionless student? no, not really. i'm enjoying academia and i'm coming top in just about everything i do in that regard, and i'm happy pursuing it... for now. am i directionless because i'm not willing to declare that i want to do it for the rest of my life? i don't think so. i'm just as far 'progressed' into my 'career path' as you are, so drop the snide attitude, hot shot. i just realize that i'm 22 and i'll probably want a change of direction in life by the time i'm 40-45. my uncle only this xmas has decided to sell his stake in his uk-based family entrepreneurial stuff, to sell everything he owns and move to america to start a completely new business in an area he has never worked in before. i understand this is quite common. i'm happy being a very purposeful, highly-driven, super directed student right now, thanks very much. just you won't see me saying i want to get a phd and spend 5 years at 3 universities and get married to another lit professor and have 3 babies and live happily ever after. you look dumb when you say that shit. just like you look dumb when you post like a twat, as you just have. i love when you always harp on with your silly shit about students. you must feel like you missed out or something cause it's clearly a sore subject for you.

and rdx i think shifty's entire notion of the 'military family' comes from some cheesefest like mel gibson's 'we were soldiers' or some shit. you know, a bunch of lovely 1950's gals hanging around with baby-bumps discussing laundry rotas for when their excellent men come home from that beastly-yet-not-altogether-horrifying war business for the charming ballroom dance.
But I love those ballroom dance scenes, and that one from the hanger in Pearl Harbor.

Also, the people I know who went to war dont like to talk about it much. Shifty, do you really want to be the guy who has something that bad in his head? I know my grand father can't even look at Lucky Strike cigarettes or logos without having terrible flash backs. War is no game Shifty, for some reason, I don't believe for a second that you really understand that.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-01-03 19:31:48)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jay wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Also, no fking kidding that if you marry your highschool sweetheart it'll end in divorce military or not.
Yeah, because being Christian means your marriage will be blissful and won't end in divorce
Don't be a douche Jay

You don't find it interesting there are less divorces in Christian families? There's a reason for that, especially when Scripture is followed.
The difference is 38% to 42%. There's a 4% gap. If you think that is significant then you're an even bigger tard than you've displayed in the rest of this thread. Going to church doesn't give you a fancy suit of armor that makes you immune from the reality of fighting over money, falling out of love, or any of the millions of reasons people file for divorce. That whole 'a family that prays together stays together' bullshit that preachers use is the exact same bullshit they use on Christmas and Easter when their church suddenly fills: guilt. Most of them genuinely want to help people, but they're human and the prestige of having a large congregation, and the money that comes with that, factors in as well.

Your wide eyed optimism and naivete is grating on me something fierce.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
wonder if that 4% is the "keeping up appearances." crowd.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Whiteroom- wrote:

wonder if that 4% is the "keeping up appearances." crowd.
Or the 'stay together for the kids' crowd. You'd think it would be better and more Christian for people to get out of loveless marriages than to stay in them. Jesus wanted people to be happy, didn't he? You can't spread love, the very basis of Christianity, without being happy yourself. Dummkopfs.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I know dozens and dozens of Christians all happily married. I know ONE divorced Christian couple. Marriage is a much bigger deal to us.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
jay, youre talking to a retarded 18 year old who knows one divorced married couple.  Are you really that enthralled by his replies?  quit fucking derailing my thread about bradleys that i worked with for 5 years.
Tu Stultus Es
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

-Sh1fty- wrote:

potd
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

jay, youre talking to a retarded 18 year old who knows one divorced married couple.  Are you really that enthralled by his replies?  quit fucking derailing my thread about bradleys that i worked with for 5 years.
I keep thinking it's an act and that he'll make a mistake and I can say 'ha! I knew it!' but I think he really is this veal-like. He's going to turn into Gomer Pile from FMJ in the Marines
-Frederick Bastiat
Wreckognize
+294|6486

-Sh1fty- wrote:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

1 Timothy 2:12

I could get on board with this whole "Christian family" thing.  Plus I get to stone her to death if she turns out to be a cheating whore.
rdx-fx
+955|6593

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Either way, I know plenty of people in the military that are happily married and are enlisted.

Jay wrote:

You are fucking retarded. My battalion had a 75% divorce rate coming out of our deployment in 2004. I saw soooooo many divorces when I was. Guy marries his high school sweetheart, pulls her out of small town USA, drops her off in a new situation far from home and with no friends, she matures, they grow apart, she fucks around, or he does, marriage ends and there's two kids involved. Having a chance at a successful marriage is one of the primary motives I had for getting out.

rdx-fx wrote:

A bit of advice: 
Do NOT mix being lower enlisted and marriage/family.
You can do one or the other well, not both.
If you pass on military schools in favor of time with the family, you're not going to get promotions as fast as your peers, and you will be RIF'd out eventually.
If you go to all the schools (SF, Ranger, sniper, airborne, pathfinder, etc), you're going to end up with a string of divorces, children that don't know you, and child support payments for your wife and the neighbor guy's kids.

While you are deployed, or at a military school, or working late - the young wife/GF/fiancee WILL be screwing the civilian/non-deployable-pogue next door.
There are few exceptions to this rule.

Military isn't set up to support lower enlisted with families.
You don't make enough money,
you don't have enough rank to get decent on-post housing,
and a young wife just isn't mature enough to manage everything alone when the husband is deployed.
QFE
GS, SERE, any other prior service want to add in?

Gunslinger wrote:

Point.

So, about these tin-can death traps with a 25mm autocannon on top... Izzat a hemi unner da hood??
rdx-fx
+955|6593

Wreckognize wrote:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

"but she only comes when she's on top" - James, Laid, 1993 - Mercury Records
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
some of the worst memories in my life were inside of a bradley.  fort polk, nov 2003 comes to mind
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Wreckognize wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I could get on board with this whole "Christian family" thing.  Plus I get to stone her to death if she turns out to be a cheating whore.
oh goodness I don't like where this is going.

So what's left to discuss about Bradley's anyway?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/1BFV01.jpg
Its made of Aluminium? (Yes I spelt that right)

Does that make for any in service problems? Like welding stuff on?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
bradleys aren't even good
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
its just a tin can really
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
i havent touched a track in almost 7 years
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

some of the worst memories in my life were inside of a bradley.  fort polk, nov 2003 comes to mind
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
it was cold and i was in the field for 21 days straight no shower and it was raining and shit.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
that sounds shitty

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard