General_Madness
+-1|6713
I have a leaderboard thru here at BF2s and was just checking my stats and noticed this:

Total Kills is less than my Vehicle Kills + Weapon Kills

Should they not be the same.  I have a difference of 176 not showing under Kit Kills or Total Kills,

So I searched some friends stats and One guy in my clan has a difference of 883, another member difference of 883, some others 2, 35, 532 etc but then I checked one guy that used to be in our clan and his Total Kills are 1644 more than Vehicle Kills + Weapons Kills.   I know this guy commanders alot and since the latest patch Commander kills don't get added in but do register in getting medals. 

So could you explain why the kills don't add up!
|BS:BF|meek
+-1|6682
Difference being 176 less? or more?

Maybe you have uncounted arty kills.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

there are always gonna be some kills that won't fit in either of the categories, I guess. that's why the numbers don't add up. We get our stats directly from the "official" EA XML feed, so there is nothing that can be done here, I am afraid.

maybe chuy has more insight.
kn0ckahh
+98|6730|netherlands, sweet lake city
or  its  TK's youve got but i have no idea where  the pouints go off
|BS:BF|meek
+-1|6682
If you play long enough, you see the occasional,   xxx [Killed] yyy.

There's a good chance that could be it.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States
Being commander while on an emplaced weapon.  Those kills will count for the total for that emplaced weapon, but not for your total overall amount of kills. 

So if you have ever commanded and used arty while on an emplaced weapon, congratulations, you have messed up your stats.

Crap...my stats....

EDIT: 

Wait, this is going to contradict what I just said but hey....

Just checked, my stats say I have 7,161 kills, but I added everything up and it came to 7,048.  So, I have 113 more kill in my grand total, than adds up in my total weapon + vehicle kills.

This question has just been pwned.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2006-01-02 14:54:52)

Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6720|Germany

Bert10099 wrote:

Being commander while on an emplaced weapon.  Those kills will count for the total for that emplaced weapon, but not for your total overall amount of kills.
They DO count as vehicle kills AND as global kills, but you don't get points for them. If you are not in a vehicle, Artykills count as global kills only. (not as weapon kills)

Btw, he said his number of global kills is LESS than his vehicle + weapon kills.

General_Madness wrote:

Total Kills is less than my Vehicle Kills + Weapon Kills

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2006-01-02 15:04:31)

Arkanon
+3|6687|London, UK
They really should have added a commander line to the kit stats. I've got a kill ratio of more than one as engineer because I'm always in the engineer kit when I command. But that's misleading. As an engineer in the field, I can't kill a thing. Artillery kills should be added to the commander kit line in the stats.
US_JackHammer
+1|6719
My guess is that Ea's stat counter just doesnt work for shit.

Check these out

Top left hand side

Time in general Total 386:32:13
Time in Kits Totals 357:48:50
Time as Army Totals 386:31:39

I wish they would all agree how long I have played for, kind of annoying to see these stats dont add up.

Edit Total time makes sense, Total time in kit.. your always in one kit theres never any time you can not be in a kit... unless when your dead that doesnt count as Kit time. And your always in an army, theres no spec option, so these should all be the same.

Last edited by US_JackHammer (2006-01-04 03:35:50)

RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6745|Here

US_JackHammer wrote:

My guess is that Ea's stat counter just doesnt work for shit.

Check these out

Top left hand side

Time in general Total 386:32:13
Time in Kits Totals 357:48:50
Time as Army Totals 386:31:39

I wish they would all agree how long I have played for, kind of annoying to see these stats dont add up.

Edit Total time makes sense, Total time in kit.. your always in one kit theres never any time you can not be in a kit... unless when your dead that doesnt count as Kit time. And your always in an army, theres no spec option, so these should all be the same.
The general and Army totals are close enough, 30 seconds for 386 hours!  There is probably a millisecond of time when you switch teams that you are actually not on either team, and the kit time is normal since it counts time when you are dead as if you do not have a kit.  No probs with time.

Now about the kills, |BS:BF|meek is correct.  There are some kills that are just kills, they do not show a weapon or vehicle.  When you add those kills and your Commander kills you will come up with the difference in kills.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Or time right at the beginning of the game while you are not on either team or haveing anykit.
FrontMan
+0|6671
I have a question relating to this also, I was looking at the top players for fun and noticed that TA - FIRESTORM has 84,152 kills (at the time of posting) but only 22,343 are shown at the totals of the WEAPONS section.

With the kits you can see all the kills but with the weapons you dont... I understand that there are kills from other things that might not show up with a weapon kill, but how do you get 50 000 more kills and it doesnt show as a kill from a weapon?

I am not saying this is a hack or anything like that, I just want to understand it... and to me it seems strange.

Thanks
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Uhm, vehicles kills? Doesn't count towards a weapon kill.
FrontMan
+0|6671
Yeah, I thought of that... I am guessing that would be considered ROAD KILLS?
if thats the case he has a total of 1,223 ROAD KILLS? He also has 17,838 kills using vehicles, which I am assuming is killing with a tank and stuff... so 22,343+1223+17,838= 41,404... 84,152-41,404=43,748
Still missing a PANTLOAD of kills...

other thoughts?

his stats are http://bf2s.com/player/45719422/ there... for quick reference

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard