War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Is the fact that when I'm in a squad, my orders are to defend a flag/silo. I mean either way the enemy is gonna cap it one way or another. Why don't you order your squad to cap another flag/silo squad leader, come on. That is the best way of winning by being the faster, well coordinated team. Exception applies to the titan and the main base in assault lines.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

War Man wrote:

Exception applies to the titan and the main base in assault lines.
And docks on Bavaria.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
serious?

what game are you playing? and do you suck rocks at it?

when you're ordered to defend, defend! its for a reason. the enemy can't always cap it, unless you really really suck and it brings down the whole team or something.
War Man

Ender2309 wrote:

serious?

what game are you playing? and do you suck rocks at it?

when you're ordered to defend, defend! its for a reason. the enemy can't always cap it, unless you really really suck and it brings down the whole team or something.
I am referring to squads and that isn't true that the enemy can't cap it, they will sooner or later. And why the heck would I make a thread of a different game other than bf2142 in the bf2142 thread?
War Man

Longbow wrote:

War Man wrote:

Exception applies to the titan and the main base in assault lines.
And docks on Bavaria.
Oh Yeah, forgot about the one team defends other team attacks maps.
killaer
+41|6719
No. If you defend well, the enemy will never cap it.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

killaer wrote:

No. If you defend well, the enemy will never cap it.
Okay. Lets say you have 3 frontal flags which are under attack. You have 2 squads defending one flag, 2 - other , and 1 squad defending last flag. Enemy breakthrough at 2nd flag - with 3-4 squad (i.e. all their non-sniper teammates). Result = you are screwed.
The Flying Finn
+2|5916
Not if they give up one flag and get back 2. After that they in have 3 squads defending 2 flag and have 2 squads at 3 flag.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
If you defend well, they will have to give a disproportionate amount of resources to capping your flag, and your team can then take the other poorly defended flags.

There's nothing I hate more than a game that devolves into a flag capping fest, and you never even see an enemy.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6745
This is how I handle orders when I'm a squad leader.

My ultimate objective to to be actively capping enemy bases; preferably deep behind enemy lines so that we can open up the possibility of our team launching a pincer movement against the opposing team.  However the actual orders that I give are to attack/defend the nearest flag so that we earn teamwork/field unlock points.

The only time my main objective is to defend a base is when we need to intercept a squad that has slipped behind our lines and is attacking our capable main base (like the EU's main base on Gibraltar and Cerbre landing)
Dwit
+34|6512
I can't speak for 2142, but still... When i get an order in bf2 to defend a flag, I'll defend. This doesn't mean be in an radius of 2 meter from the flag but walk around the flag and kill any enemy that gets near the flag.

It always works for me, i can defend a flag alone against 3 players easily. Just remember you have the advantage knowing where the enemy is (in the flag-zone) the don't know where you are(with a bit of training maybe )
War Man
Even though this thread is a week old, don't necropost.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard