MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5937

Havok wrote:

It would be pretty neat if the server only quoted the Bible for the US team and instead quoted the Quran for the MEC team.  That said, I think the battlefield is an inappropriate place for religion, but it wouldn't bother me enough to leave the server.
that's precisesely what i said... the messages being inappropriate do not make the server suck.
thanks
[email protected]
+28|6225
Jesus is /facepalm.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
There is no place in life where religion is inappropriate ...
Safrguns
+105|6132

Havok wrote:

It would be pretty neat if the server only quoted the Bible for the US team and instead quoted the Quran for the MEC team.  That said, I think the battlefield is an inappropriate place for religion, but it wouldn't bother me enough to leave the server.
LOL!... I wonder what those clan meetings would be like

I agree with your part 2.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN

MirindoR wrote:

...this is only true if you really believe and if you really understand the deepness of religion. if you were a believer you'd take it more seriously, and would understand that a FPS game is not the appropriate place to talk about religion (as i said in your last quotation).
You are making an assumption here. 

You asked not to have this taken into a religous debate, but are dragging it there yourself.

Stingray24 wrote:

That was my next point,  thanks Stingray.

Last edited by LividBovine (2008-02-09 18:26:27)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6149|San Antonio, Texas

Havok wrote:

Wow, that'd be cool.
Safrguns
+105|6132

Stingray24 wrote:

LOL!... now I feel guilty for agreeing in my last post!

Well said... and thanks
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
Jesus IS Lord... you just don't know it yet.

Admin,

I find this thread inappropriate and offensive, not to mention abusive, and I would like to see it locked.
Preferrably deleted, and the author warned.
Or you could just fuck off?

Religious servers on bf2 give me the creeps, and they usually have messed up word filters, I avoid 'em.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I avoid 'em.
Words of wisdom
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Safrguns
+105|6132

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Or you could just fuck off?
Yeah... thats why they close threads like this... keep it up.
mykeee1880
+3|5996

LividBovine wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

...this is only true if you really believe and if you really understand the deepness of religion. if you were a believer you'd take it more seriously, and would understand that a FPS game is not the appropriate place to talk about religion (as i said in your last quotation).
You are making an assumption here. 

You asked not to have this taken into a religous debate, but are dragging it there yourself.

Stingray24 wrote:

That was my next point,  thanks Stingray.
Surely the phrase there is no place where religion is inappropriate is an assumption in itself.
This poor guy is sharing a thread with us about his experience on a server where he killed someone and it was immediately followed by an apt religious phrase - He is not saying religion is wrong. 
Please try and contain your holier than thou attitudes
if your faith (which is a form of assumption in itself) is so weak that you cannot handle any form of comment about religion without quoting chapter and verse the try this one - Judge not others less you be judged yourself
                                           (original quote from "Life Of Brian" Monty Python)
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
I do not consider myself holy, nor is my faith weak.  I simple made a statement of truth completely without judgment.  As others have said, if the owners of the server want to put verses up, that's their right.  If it genuinely bothers anyone, they shouldn't play on the server.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN
The point I was making (through stingray's post) was that, for a religous person, there is never an inappropriate time for religion.

I simply don't like it when people knowingly enter a server orientated towards a certain group, then whine about how inappropriate it is to have a message pop up that is directed towards that group.

I would have the same problem if someone went into a server that was geared towards aetheist and then came here and coplained about the messages scrolling on their server.
mykeee1880
+3|5996
Perhaps the point that was being made is that any server message not about gaming should be left off of a server to avoid this type of discussion and allow people to simply play the game.

If the server message was claiming satan rules or that suicide bombing was cool or other such nonsense then surely that would be wrong even if you or others chose not to go on that server.
It is the same with the God message in my opinion
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6381|MN
Simple answer.  They pay for the server.  If it doesn't break any of EA's guidlines for servers, leave them alone.
Safrguns
+105|6132

LividBovine wrote:

The point I was making (through stingray's post) was that, for a religous person, there is never an inappropriate time for religion.
I don't know Livid...  I am a person of faith, and sometimes it DOES bug me... something just doesn't feel right about it.
Perfect example... "Christian Owned" businesses...  I don't really know sometimes...  is a business owner like this using
his business to promote God? or is he is using God to promote his business?

I guess the same thing bugs me about religious BF2 servers...  Are they truly trying to use BF2 to promote God?
or are they using God to promote their server?  I think it leaves too much room for error to be appropriate.
But... this is something I DONT know... so I leave it alone.

If they save 1,  how could it be wrong?

But if they give our faith a bad name by appearing like hypocrits,
how many have we lost?   Only God knows.

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-02-09 19:11:33)

mykeee1880
+3|5996
strange how the simple answers are almost always the wrong ones hence the need for debate - however I'm going to bed now so I wish you all a good night and thank you for the debate

Mykeee1880
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Safrguns wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

i NEVER said i don't like the server, i just said find the messages amusing >> u=n00b
No... you said the server messages are retarded

MirindoR wrote:

NEVER judged the server, as a matter of fact it wasn't me that said that ''it gives the creeps'' although i kinda agree >> u=noob
You judged the server messages as inappropriate.

MirindoR wrote:

6th makes no sense at all... hypocracy wtf? d00d i suppose u live in your own mental world... so its best not to contradict you, or you'll probably start laming worse than you already are.
Last I checked, disrespect of any clan or server is not allowed here.

MirindoR wrote:

you don't like the thread? piss off. noone needs your comments.
You cannot start a discussion thread, and proceed to tell everyone who fails to share your
humor to piss off. 

Noone needs your threads.

MirindoR wrote:

you don't wanna have a laugh? well that sucks for you
I don't laugh at God.

MirindoR wrote:

but stop harassing others.
Looks to me like your the one doin the harrassing.

MirindoR wrote:

you wanna have a discussion on religious servers? well, create a new thread, becouse that's not the purpose of this one.
No.... actually I don't want to have a discussion on religious servers.
Nor do I care to see one here either unless it is done respectfully... the title of your thread says it all.... the wrong way.

Safrguns
+105|6132

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

?
And your point is?
mykeee1880
+3|5996

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Safrguns wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

i NEVER said i don't like the server, i just said find the messages amusing >> u=n00b
No... you said the server messages are retarded

MirindoR wrote:

NEVER judged the server, as a matter of fact it wasn't me that said that ''it gives the creeps'' although i kinda agree >> u=noob
You judged the server messages as inappropriate.

MirindoR wrote:

6th makes no sense at all... hypocracy wtf? d00d i suppose u live in your own mental world... so its best not to contradict you, or you'll probably start laming worse than you already are.
Last I checked, disrespect of any clan or server is not allowed here.

MirindoR wrote:

you don't like the thread? piss off. noone needs your comments.
You cannot start a discussion thread, and proceed to tell everyone who fails to share your
humor to piss off. 

Noone needs your threads.

MirindoR wrote:

you don't wanna have a laugh? well that sucks for you
I don't laugh at God.

MirindoR wrote:

but stop harassing others.
Looks to me like your the one doin the harrassing.

MirindoR wrote:

you wanna have a discussion on religious servers? well, create a new thread, becouse that's not the purpose of this one.
No.... actually I don't want to have a discussion on religious servers.
Nor do I care to see one here either unless it is done respectfully... the title of your thread says it all.... the wrong way.

Sorry had to hold off going to bed for one last quote - Please answer this question honestly as I mean it respectfully - Have you ever considered the fact that non religious people or aethists like myself could take offence at a statement like Jesus IS Lord .... you just don't know it yet.

Please consider your answer carefully as I do find it offensive to have any form of religion forced on me and I DO consider such a statement as forcing religion on others.

If God exists then surely he/she believes in free will - that means his/her belief is being altered by you a supposed follower of his religion.

Please I am not looking for a flamewar - we just don't share the same beliefs
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6710|th3 unkn0wn

Safrguns wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

?
And your point is?
Uhm, I don't see where that "?" came from or it "supposedly" is in this thread. Quote me properly or don't quote at all. Ta
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6537|Carlsbad, CA, USA

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Safrguns wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

?
And your point is?
Uhm, I don't see where that "?" came from or it "supposedly" is in this thread. Quote me properly or don't quote at all. Ta
you makin up new rules?
Safrguns
+105|6132

mykeee1880 wrote:

Sorry had to hold off going to bed for one last quote - Please answer this question honestly as I mean it respectfully - Have you ever considered the fact that non religious people or aethists like myself could take offence at a statement like Jesus IS Lord .... you just don't know it yet.
I seriously doubt that God approves of the way I said that.

It is the truth, but used improperly.

Nobody forces anything on anyone....  how can you say that you've been forced to believe what you dont believe,
based on a poor attempt on my part to make a witty point?
I wonder how many people have actually rejected God because of what they have seen in man, instead of
seeking out God on their own?  I don't think its an issue of you being forced into anything... I think its an issue
of you demanding freedom from the influence.

However, I appreciate the questions and the respect...
and out of respect, lets take it offline.
Safrguns
+105|6132

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Safrguns wrote:

And your point is?
Post 43 shows you quoting me but not saying anything... i didn't understand your point.

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-02-09 20:52:10)

avman633
+116|6365

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Good lawd, those Christian servers creep me out.

Funny screeny, tho. +1
Yea, I said "wtf" and was kicked

Is funny, +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard