Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

If you support the troops, does that in turn mean that you support the war in the middle east?
I see dozens of cars with 'support the troops' bumper stickers on them, but does this mean they support war and encourage it?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646
no
trippy982
+34|6400
Supporting troops that spawn supporting wars with laserbeams attached...

EDIT:  ok... this is getting old...

um... i guess the laserbeams scares me most...

Last edited by trippy982 (2008-02-07 17:32:35)

Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6642|Your moms bedroom
nah, and the next time i see anti-war protestors standing on the bridge in my town, i just might swerve onto the sidwalk

they fucking dress like hippies like that means something
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6544|Texas - Bigger than France

trippy982 wrote:

lol...again...

I don't know how long you've been up to this, perhaps you've been doing this awhile...funny at first, then really funny, then kinda irritating, then annoying for a while, then back up to really really funny.

Let me know when you/if you have hit the second really funny stage when/if you get there.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL
No, you can (and always should) support the troops, but that doesn't mean you support the war.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641

trippy982 wrote:

Dummie. If you support the troops you are just supporting what they do for your country. Supporting the war is completely different. If you support the soldiers, you support what they are doing. Supporting the war is supporting the stupid choices of the president.
trippy982
+34|6400

ThaReaper wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

Dummie. If you support the troops you are just supporting what they do for your country. Supporting the war is completely different. If you support the soldiers, you support what they are doing. Supporting the war is supporting the stupid choices of the president.
lol wut?
Ryan

ThaReaper wrote:

If you support the soldiers, you support what they are doing.
If you support what they are doing, which is fighting a war, then that means you support war... no?
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641

Ryan wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

If you support what they are doing, which is fighting a war, then that means you support war... no?
Well, not in my opinion. Because most soldiers want to help protect the country. That doesn't mean they want to go to war. I can't really explain it.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6539|Chicago
I've said it a million times:

What better way is there to support the troops than to bring them home alive to their families from a land of sand and roadside explosives?
Ryan

RedTwizzler wrote:

What better way is there to support the troops than to bring them home alive to their families from a land of sand and roadside explosives?
And the ultimate way to bring every soldier home, is to end the war.
trippy982
+34|6400

Ryan wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

Or win the war...whatever that is.

Ok, serious business.  If we end the war by bringing the soldiers home now, does that mean we lost the war.  Put a tally on wars USA lost?  Sucks to lose...but sucks more to gamble someone else's life on something that has no purpose.

Last edited by trippy982 (2008-02-07 17:55:27)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641

Ryan wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

That isn't going to happen with Bush as our president.
trippy982
+34|6400

ThaReaper wrote:

Ryan wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

don't worry, bush won't be in office long, be prepared to give hilary a warm welcome...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6449|Chicago, IL

trippy982 wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

Ryan wrote:

don't worry, bush won't be in office long, be prepared to give hilary a warm welcome...
I'm sure she'll be allowed to speak at Obama's Inaugural
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

Ryan wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

No. I support them in that I hope they all come home safe and sound, and as soon as possible.
Ryan

trippy982 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

Ok, serious business.  If we end the war by bringing the soldiers home now, does that mean we lost the war.  Put a tally on wars USA lost?  Sucks to lose...but sucks more to gamble someone else's life on something that has no purpose.
The only way to win the war might be to support it. Help get it over as soon as possible with a victory outcome. That way, our troops are home, with satisfaction of winning a war. But extending the time it takes to win this war means thousands more soldiers killed.
Ghandi767
+17|6624|Hanging in the Balance
Although I support both in this case, it depends.

Honestly, to support the troops now a days I think you do need to support the war, for a professional army. For a conscription army you can support troops but not war.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

If your son, daughter, brother or sister go to war you'll support them. No matter what the war.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ghandi767
+17|6624|Hanging in the Balance

Ryan wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

The only way to win the war might be to support it. Help get it over as soon as possible with a victory outcome. That way, our troops are home, with satisfaction of winning a war. But extending the time it takes to win this war means thousands more soldiers killed.
Thousands is a bit of an overstatement honestly. IMO, and in the opinion of many servicemen I've talked to, they'd rather win the war at the cost of some more casualties and possibly themselves than to lose. Definitely a parallel to the 'Leave no man behind' and 'Death before dishonor' attitudes of the US Military. (IMO both attitudes are good things)
Ryan

Ghandi767 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

trippy982 wrote:

Thousands is a bit of an overstatement honestly. IMO, and in the opinion of many servicemen I've talked to, they'd rather win the war at the cost of some more casualties and possibly themselves than to lose. Definitely a parallel to the 'Leave no man behind' and 'Death before dishonor' attitudes of the US Military. (IMO both attitudes are good things)
What if it turns out into another world war? More than a few thousand will die.
But that's a completely different subject in itself.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-02-07 18:07:31)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641
It's not even a war really. We're just there to stabilize their shithole country.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command
It's about acknowledging the human factor.
These are real people. We want them safe, armed, protected, ass kicking, happy, well fed, morally correct and we want them home as soon as possible.
But without negating the deaths of those who won't come home by surrendering the ME to terrorists.

Fuck George Bush, right in the ass, btw.
RECONDO67
+60|6638|miami FL
I support the troops but I don't support the war in Iraq.(Afghanistan only)
I donate money and time to different agencies that help the wounded vets and paralyzed vets

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard