Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
7-2-1 in the last 10. Feels good man.

Too bad DiPietro got hurt...again.. last night. Only a groin strain through so hopefully nothing too bad.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6301

:blacKOut: wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

In 48 hours... the Isles have beaten the best team in the East, and the best team in the West

Only 16 pts out... lol
When I saw that the Islanders beat the Wings in OT, I noticed they are 4-1 in their past 5.  Contenders?                                                      

Flyers beat the Wings 3-2 today in Detroit.  BOOSH looked great and Carcillo got his second of the season!
canucks are #1 in west

6game win streak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
This is fucking depressing.

I ran into my guy as I was leaving the same gym we go to. Very few on this board doubt that Wang is the virtual GM & calls all the shots. This is just another verification.

When Wang was looking for someone to replace Milbury as we know guys like Shero, Brent Sutter, the Boston GM (I can never remember his name) and Dean Lombardy & Neil Smith were interviewed. Shero,Sutter,Boston Gm and others refused to even meet with Wang. Lombardi & Smith wanted the job. (My guess is that both thought that once they got in, they could make the committee go away & convince Wang that the GM shud ru things.

That's the background. Add this to it. During the same period Wang called Bill Torrey and offered him the Isles job. Torrey asked for a night to think it over. During that night Torrey contacted members of his old management team. Jimmy Devallano, my source and others. They all agreed to give it a shot.

The next day Torrey called Wang and said he would take the job with just one condition. He told Wang that if he came in he had to have absolute control of the hockey end and Wang would have to stay out of the hockey end (trades, drafts, etc.)
Here is Wang's exact answer "I CAN'T DO THAT." End of story. Torrey said thanks but no thanks.

My source then told me pretty much what most of us already agree on: "They will never win with him as owner. The guy is a micromanager."

Hey guys, that's how he ran CA. Scott Reschler & Joe Mangano have told friends much the same thing. Bruce Ratner told one of this list's posters the same thing.

Nothing new just more evidence of what we are up against. Actually it is the biggest reason I will not renew next year. I told Newsday there is no hope with Wang running things.
From a very, very reliable source. Wow.

I feel sick.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-01-05 22:49:12)

:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6267|'Merica
LOL I just read this on wikipedia:

"Wang has stated that he regrets buying the team and would not do so if he could choose again."  (sauce: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4129484)

damn strict asians.

anyway, look at john stamos fail on this penalty shot

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
John Stamos. That's good. That could work for Steve Staios too

And yeah, that came out in an article over a year ago. Was in Newsday (the big Long Island paper). Thing is, most Islander fans regret him buying the team too, so he's not alone. It's HIS fault they are in the position they are in. Torrey is a genius and was offering to come back, but Wang's ego would not allow that.

(and if you need proof Torrey is a genius, go look at what he did for the Florida Panthers within 3 years of taking the reigns)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Yea well I like this one better.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK
And he criticized Linus Omark for using the spinorama in a shootout, talk about a hypocrite.
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6267|'Merica
Flyers Won!  Danny Briere and Scott Hartnell had 2 goals each, and Leino had 3 assists to beat the Devils 4-2.  That Briere-Hartnell-Leino line is ridiculous.

I love ESPN's commercials:

Now ESPN should actually cover hockey...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Roloson traded - DiPietro starting - DiPietro goes down - Poulin called up - Lawson starts - Lawson gives up 2 goals on 3 shots - Poulin put in after 3 minutes.

IN 3 DAYS.

Your path to the NHL is unorthodox, but welcome to the league, son.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-01-06 19:15:10)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

:blacKOut: wrote:

LOL I just read this on wikipedia:

"Wang has stated that he regrets buying the team and would not do so if he could choose again."  (sauce: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4129484)

damn strict asians.

anyway, look at john stamos fail on this penalty shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsV_OqIP … eature=sub
That was a great save by the goalie.

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
Edmonton scored on Vancouver with .2 seconds left. :<
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
That's okay, Colorado scored on the Isles with 4 seconds left to tie it up...but the Isles won in OT anyways
Far
+22|6731|USA
Pooooooooooooooou
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
The Poulin Wall
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

TravisC555 wrote:

And he criticized Linus Omark for using the spinorama in a shootout, talk about a hypocrite.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nhl/artic … rd/3882437
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
Holy shit Howard.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
man, watched the replay of the isles vs. avs game... JT has some friggin' hands, wow. incredible goal

Shevchenkooooo
+42|6267|'Merica
LOL PENS LOL.

The Pens blow hard without their talented bitch of a captain.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
How the FUCK does Patrik Elias get an All Star nod and Tavares doesn't?

Grabner's our rep? For the ROOKIE GAME?

Oy.
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6267|'Merica
Claude Giroux is the only Flyers all-star.  I'm not to worried about it at all...Depth > Allstars
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
KE-VIN POU-LIN!

48 saves on 51 shots. IN HIS 2ND NHL START. Against the best team in the league!!!

Isles lose in the shootout, but god damn what a game.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

St. Louis and Stamkos .. no news here.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6267|'Merica
Damn Bruins.  Whatever, we'll beat them when it matters.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
https://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/04/alg_john_tavares.jpg

Natural hat trick for JT tonight. Man, you give him a legit winger like Henrik Zetterberg or Loui Eriksson and he scores 50+ a year.
TravisC555
+118|6220|Cox Convention Center, OK
Just a reminder the NHL SuperSkills Competition is tomorrow at  7pm est and the NHL All Star game is on Sunday Jan 30 at 4pm est. They can be seen on Versus in the US, CBC and RDS in Canada.

Last edited by TravisC555 (2011-01-28 08:00:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard