Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mason's freaking incredible. If he doesn't get the Calder I'll take a gigantic shit on...whoever/whatever committee chooses who gets the awards.

Seriously, no rookie has even come close to what he's accomplished.
Okay okay okay...the first part, I'm with you.  As far as the second part, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...

The Blues are gonna have a helluva time with this home & home set vs. the Jackets.  I'm just hoping for 1 win out of the 2, and I think they'll still make 8th place.

I hope Oshie gives Mason the ol' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5QAT3oZH18 treatment, but I doubt he'll let someone make him look bad like that.
Haha, I meant this season. Should've specified. The closest rookies this season are Stamkos and Okposo.

Selanne's rookie season was more impressive to me.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5949|Somewhere out in Space

Poseidon wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Mason's freaking incredible. If he doesn't get the Calder I'll take a gigantic shit on...whoever/whatever committee chooses who gets the awards.

Okay okay okay...the first part, I'm with you.  As far as the second part, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves...

The Blues are gonna have a helluva time with this home & home set vs. the Jackets.  I'm just hoping for 1 win out of the 2, and I think they'll still make 8th place.

I hope Oshie gives Mason the ol' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5QAT3oZH18 treatment, but I doubt he'll let someone make him look bad like that.
Haha, I meant this season. Should've specified. The closest rookies this season are Stamkos and Okposo.

Huge understatement.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

this is for the calgary bomber...

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6526

Poseidon wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Rinne is close, but Mason is definitely more calder-worthy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Im buying a Nick Rash HobbleBead.
ya sure you are.  but you should....

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

godly
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6672
Great game tonite vs. Blue Jackets...this is the most excited I've been all season:  the Blues are now tied for 8th after being dead last at the All-Star Break!

I can't wait for tomorrows rematch!

LETS GO BLUES!!!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6548|Boston, MA
They've been playing so well lately they're actually probably going to be a threat in the playoffs, even more if they don't play Detroit or San Jose in the first round. BTW, any idea how Hannu Toivonen is doing? I haven't heard about him since he was traded.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Montreal should be ashamed of themselves.

Here's to hoping Florida beats them out for 8th place.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6190|New Austin, Not
What the fuck is this shit!? 2 disallowed goals in less than 30 seconds for the flames. 2nd one was understandable, 1st call was bullshit...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6548|Boston, MA
Damn on the west too? Boston had a bullshit disallowed goal tonight too...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Great game tonite vs. Blue Jackets...this is the most excited I've been all season:  the Blues are now tied for 8th after being dead last at the All-Star Break!

I can't wait for tomorrows rematch!

LETS GO BLUES!!!
that was a very fun game to watch.  i would have liked 2 points, but i will take 1 point and a good game also.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6672

usmarine wrote:

that was a very fun game to watch.  i would have liked 2 points, but i will take 1 point and a good game also.
Yeah, real edge-of-your-seat material.  Regardless of who wins, I just hope tomorrow's game is as good...

And T.J. Oshie might give Mason a run for the Calder if he'd played a full season this year!  His pace would put him at 57 points in a full season, which is 1 point more than Versteeg is projected to get.  Should be lots of energy tomorrow!

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2009-03-28 21:45:46)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I just hope tomorrow's game is as good.
i dunno.  i hate home and home like this.  i bet short shifts for sure...

Last edited by usmarine (2009-03-28 21:45:58)

-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6672

usmarine wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I just hope tomorrow's game is as good.
i dunno.  i hate home and home like this.  i bet short shifts for sure...
Yeah, it's gotta be rough on the players.  I honestly thought the Blues would lose at home in OT but win in Columbus because they have a great record in the 2nd game of back-to-back series...who knows now.  Should be interesting.
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6526
YES! go blues! sweet game tonight, can't believe we went from last to 8th, especially with the injuries they have had (kariya, brewer, johnson, etc.)

<3 oshie, berglund, perron
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

so help me out.  if the season ended right now.  who would be in..... edmonton or st louis?
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
Not fail Louis, they always seem to fail.
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6526

usmarine wrote:

so help me out.  if the season ended right now.  who would be in..... edmonton or st louis?
st. louis.  I believe it comes down to Home wins or something along those lines in their current position.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

CanadianLoser wrote:

usmarine wrote:

st. louis.  I believe it comes down to Home wins or something along those lines in their current position.
Irrelevant, St louis will somehow fail enough to change the rules.

Oh yeah, and its points, then wins, then season series w/l between the two, then finally goals for/against differential.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2009-03-28 22:31:17)

CanadianLoser
+1,148|6526

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

CanadianLoser wrote:

usmarine wrote:

true...however they have the longest playoff streak in the NHL
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

CanadianLoser wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

CanadianLoser wrote:

true...however they had the longest playoff streak in the NHL
fuxxed.  And didnt win shit in that entire time.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2009-03-29 01:17:37)

-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6672
I'd rather have a team that consistently gets into the playoffs but doesn't win it all than a team that manages to be successful for a few seasons here and there, and gets lucky and wins it all at some point.  Teams that are routinely getting into the playoffs will eventually probably win big, and in the meantime it means I consistently get more hockey to watch.  Teams like the Flames come to mind here: they have had some really good teams, and then really dismal seasons to follow, but hey, they won a cup...once. 

Even original six teams like the Red Wings and Blackhawks and Rangers have historically had long stretches where they must have been pretty dismal to watch from a fan's perspective.  The Red Wings sucked pretty bad back in the 70s I believe (wasn't alive then, so can't really recall...), the Hawks have had multiple bad stretches with the most recent being the late 90s into the early 2000s, and the Rangers - for as long as I've been watching hockey - have had multiple teams with very high payrolls and little to no playoff clout to show for it since they last won the Cup.

This is one of the main things that I DON'T like about the StL Cardinals - I love to watch them, and next to the Yankees they've had the most postseason success, but it seems like for every good couple of seasons there is going to undoubtedly be a couple of disappointing seasons to follow.  I guess that's just sports in general though...

EDIT: And I think saying that the Blues "have" the longest playoff streak is correct...regardless of the fact that the streak ended, no other team has equaled it, so I believe you could still say they "have" the record as of right now.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2009-03-29 11:03:30)

CanadianLoser
+1,148|6526
Another win from the Blues goddamn, Oshie Perron and Berglund all got a goal too! They are phenomenal!
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I'd rather have a team that consistently gets into the playoffs but doesn't win it all than a team that manages to be successful for a few seasons here and there, and gets lucky and wins it all at some point.  Teams that are routinely getting into the playoffs will eventually probably win big, and in the meantime it means I consistently get more hockey to watch.  Teams like the Flames come to mind here: they have had some really good teams, and then really dismal seasons to follow, but hey, they won a cup...once. 

Even original six teams like the Red Wings and Blackhawks and Rangers have historically had long stretches where they must have been pretty dismal to watch from a fan's perspective.  The Red Wings sucked pretty bad back in the 70s I believe (wasn't alive then, so can't really recall...), the Hawks have had multiple bad stretches with the most recent being the late 90s into the early 2000s, and the Rangers - for as long as I've been watching hockey - have had multiple teams with very high payrolls and little to no playoff clout to show for it since they last won the Cup.

This is one of the main things that I DON'T like about the StL Cardinals - I love to watch them, and next to the Yankees they've had the most postseason success, but it seems like for every good couple of seasons there is going to undoubtedly be a couple of disappointing seasons to follow.  I guess that's just sports in general though...

EDIT: And I think saying that the Blues "have" the longest playoff streak is correct...regardless of the fact that the streak ended, no other team has equaled it, so I believe you could still say they "have" the record as of right now.
Well thats baseball and their failishly small 8 team postseasons.  Imagine how pissed i was that the Blue Jays had a better record than the Dodgers while playing in the most stacked division in baseball, and yet finished 4th and missed the postseason while the dodgers won the division.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard