CC-Marley
+407|6827
https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/CC-Marley/SI-cover.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Stamkos on the NHL 12 cover. Kerry, you better pick it up.
ghostinvisiblex7
Mr Southbeach.
+9|4745|USA.. duhhh
yay the bruin won
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Flyers BLOWING up with trades right now. Holy shit!

They traded for the rights to Ilya Bryzgalov from the Coyotes a few weeks ago and now look like they can fit him under the cap because they traded:

Jeff Carter to Columbus for their 1st round pick (8th overall), 3rd round pick (68?) and Jakub Voracek

and

Mike Richards to LA for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

One of the biggest blockbuster days I can ever remember in NHL history.

And now Bryzgalov officially signs. Wow.
csmag
+92|6446|Canada
A couple of guys that I played with growing up got drafted yesterday... nice.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
so the panthers signed half of the mid and low level free agents, the rangers keep thinking that signing the biggest FA will have them winning back to back cups and the islanders do jack shit

in other news, nothing new this july in the NHL
spectraman
+27|6772
Heately for Havlat? Wow the GMs aregoing apeshit this off season.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Sharks got infinitely better with this trade and the Burns trade. They now have a top 10 D-man in Burns and one of the most underrated wingers in the game in Havlat. They finally got rid of that headcase in Heatley
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6188|Canada

https://1.cdn.nhle.com/jets/images/upload/2011/07/110722_logos_news.jpg

New Winnipeg Jets Logo

I don't hate it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
Goodbye Islanders, I won't miss the foul memories of Mike Milbury running the franchise and making it unwatchable. I won't miss Charles Wang and his 15 year contracts to always-injured goalies. Peace out!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
The chances of them leaving the NY metro area are slim to none. They're most likely moving to Queens. So now you'll have to deal with them even more:
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Poseidon wrote:

The chances of them leaving the NY metro area are slim to none. They're most likely moving to Queens. So now you'll have to deal with them even more:
Brooklyn actually, to a place where even less people care about hockey.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jay wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Brooklyn actually, to a place where even less people care about hockey.
I don't think you could've possibly come off as any more uneducated in these discussions. First you pushed the $58 number which was consistently proven wrong, then you try to claim I said the $250m in revenue comes solely from the Islanders, now you think Brooklyn is the most likely option...

Queens has already been trying to jump on attempts, and is the most likely due to 1) better LIRR access 2) the all-but-official partnership between the Mets and Isles 3) still pretty easy to get to via car even from Suffolk 4) geographically part of LI 5) good corporate sponsorship being in the major development area 6) politicians in the area who seem to want it done.

Queens Economic Development Corp: "We definitely welcome any opportunity to consider a sports franchise." #VoteYesAug1 #VoteYes #IslesArena
http://twitter.com/#!/nickhirshon/statu … 1663867904

Statement from Comptroller John Liu on #Isles in Queens: "They have a strong fan base here, so strong." #VoteYesAug1 #VoteYes #IslesArena
http://twitter.com/#!/nickhirshon/statu … 8418531328

Then the completely not coincidental move back of the RFP date for Willets Pt from 8/12 to 9/9.

Brooklyn won't happen because 1) Wang will not be anyone's tenant 2) Would require Nets owner to buy the team 3) Nets owner has stated he doesn't want to own the Isles 4) fuck Russia
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Yeah, because twitter is a reliable source and the Nets aren't already building the Barclays Center in Brooklyn that could easily house a hockey franchise. The odds of the Isles getting a dime in public support from NYC is even lower than it was in Nassau. Think Poseidon, think. Stop listening to cash strapped idiots. Everyone says they want to bring in a sports franchise. A miniscule amount actually have the resources to do it. I'll make you a bet: if the Islanders end up in Queens I will buy you a pair of tickets, deal?
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Jay wrote:

Yeah, because twitter is a reliable source
Prove they didn't say it. Certainly not a fake account.

and the Nets aren't already building the Barclays Center in Brooklyn that could easily house a hockey franchise.
And I already said why it wouldn't happen. Wang won't be a tenant. Just because a hockey team CAN go there doesn't mean one WILL go there. Makes as much sense as the Isles going to play at MSG to split with the Rangers.

. The odds of the Isles getting a dime in public support from NYC is even lower than it was in Nassau.
You keep thinking this is solely about hockey. Baseball stadiums absolutely blow for concerts, so this provides a far superior concert location right next to Citi Field and better competition with MSG and the Barclays Center.

if the Islanders end up in Queens I will buy you a pair of tickets, deal?
I'm looking forward to it. That is, of course, unless Wang decides to keep playing games with Nassau and go with Jay Jacobs supposed plan. That has to happen within the next week, so we'll see.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Lulz. Jarkko Ruutu is messing like hell with the media and the fans atm. He doesn't have a contract anywhere, so on one forum someone cooked up a possibility that he might be returing to HIFK. The dumbies at the newspapers read this and immediately printed that he has been offered a contract. Then someone posted that he might be going to the rival Jokerit, since they could be offering a job for him at the front office after his career. This escaladed to the point that Ruutu started to mess around in his twitter like there's no tomorrow. First he was wondering since when is a forum is nowadays a reliable news source. Then he changed the background to red (HIFK colour) which made the HIFK side on the forum cheer for the guy finally coming home. Next he "started to listen to music". Megadeth - Coming Home was a tune he posted and said he really loves this tune. Hockey forum activity went up a notch. Next he changes the colours to red and yellow which the rival team uses. Activity up again. Then he posts: 2 more nights until first game of the year! I hope I score in the game and get things rolling right from the start! Now this made the forum go ballistic since the Euro Trophy tournament starts and the game on saturday is ofcourse HIFK vs Jokerit. He let that one be there for a while until the yellow press idiots clicked send on their website front pages that Jarkko Ruutu is playing on saturday! Which team will he choose? After that he posted: For the clearance, game is at Myyrmaki rink. Nothing to do with professional hockey. Sorry about the confusion.

This guy is a mean genius I love it how he has everyone on their toes waiting for something to happen I don't think even he knows himself where he will play next season. But I gotta admit I'll go mental if he goes to the neighbours. There is gonna be one Ruutu jersey on sale on ebay after that
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Ultrafunkula

Jarkko... RUUTU
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6265|'Merica
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-572wIW_qqPA/TWhw3DM2MtI/AAAAAAAAAbM/ymXtd6Ah3Mg/s1600/mike+richards+drinking+drunk.jpg
Ultrafunkula

http://majupra.imgur.com/futbol_hockey_kit

Hey, these are actually quite cool. I'd buy one for sure
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Wade Belak found dead.

Boogaard, Probert, Belak and Rypien all found dead in under 18 months of each other. It is not a good time for NHL enforcers.
Ultrafunkula

Wtf?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6653
The writing is on the wall:  the era of the enforcer is - and has been - gone for a while now.  A lot of these guys worked their ass off their entire life to get a job doing something that is about to be a thing of the past. 

Maybe it just takes a slightly damaged person to be an enforcer to begin with, but it seems like an unsettling trend regardless...R.I.P.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Ultrafunkula

Apparently he hanged himself.

Byfuglien is suspected of DUI, or whatever it is when steering a boat.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

Close this open anew?
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard