Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6630|New Hampshire, USA

Kmar wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

lol wewve done some stupid sutff tonight not gonnna lie

CC-Marley wrote:

"snuggle",

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2011-06-16 00:26:58)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
CC-Marley
+407|6827
nope, will get video eventually. any can do
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

"Facebook groups have assembled urging people to post photos of hooligans and tag the rioters."

lol.. yea right.

https://i.imgur.com/6g3uI.jpg
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

CC-Marley wrote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! f u pos
admitted bandwagon boston fan is bandwagon fan

Kmar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

And goaltending is exactly why I hold up my statement about Vancouver sweeping whoever wins the East. Thomas and Roloson are both phenomenal goalies, but Luongo's just better.
This is why I avoid absolute statements in sports..lol. Sorry Poseidon, but it was kinda funny .
On paper it was absolutely true. Besides parts of the first round Luongo was like Patrick Roy Pt. 2. You can't blame me for making a prediction based on what 85% of the world also thought. Thomas was relatively unspectacular up until the finals. He was okay in the Montreal series, pretty good in the Philly series and had a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in the Tampa series. Vancouver played like shit for every game after game 2. If they had played up to expectations, it would've been a sweep - and it was on the way to being so. The Horton hit changed Boston for the best. Totally woke them up and sent the Canucks into the fetal position.

What impresses me the most about Boston is that they've been without their best player - Marc Savard - for most of the season. If they had him at full strength it would've been a Boston sweep.

And Vancouver was still an infinitely faster team, anyone denying that was clearly not watching the games and knows very little about hockey. They just weren't fast enough to not stop playing like shit.

Congrats to Zdeno Chara, a former Islander, and Tim Thomas, a great American goalie. And I bet Tyler Seguin never thought going #2 overall in the draft he'd be raising the Cup the year after.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-06-16 06:48:01)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio

Poseidon wrote:

shut

up

too fast for boston

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2011-06-16 10:02:38)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
well I'm glad you're admitting you didn't watch the games

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-06-16 11:27:34)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

.. poisedon you didn't say on paper. Again, absolutes. Nothing on paper said "sweep" anyways.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
^hahahahahaha
@the video, not you kmar

Last edited by Stimey (2011-06-16 18:41:25)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmar wrote:

[Youtubehq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBtDrcIntk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

.. poisedon you didn't say on paper. Again, absolutes. Nothing on paper said "sweep" anyways.
Predictions are what makes sports what they are, so bite me.

That video (and the guy's laugh) is amazing.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I was just loling
Xbone Stormsurgezz
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y
lol nutshots
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

lebrongo *

*coined by usmarine
11 Bravo
Banned

Poseidon wrote:

well I'm glad you're admitting you didn't watch the games
hmmm

i guess i didnt.

because if they were too fast for them i guess they won.

oh wait.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.

holy fucking saves! no.1 was unreal
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
CC-Marley
+407|6827

Poseidon wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! f u pos

Kmar wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

And goaltending is exactly why I hold up my statement about Vancouver sweeping whoever wins the East. Thomas and Roloson are both phenomenal goalies, but Luongo's just better.
This is why I avoid absolute statements in sports..lol. Sorry Poseidon, but it was kinda funny .
On paper it was absolutely true. Besides parts of the first round Luongo was like Patrick Roy Pt. 2. You can't blame me for making a prediction based on what 85% of the world also thought. Thomas was relatively unspectacular up until the finals. He was okay in the Montreal series, pretty good in the Philly series and had a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on in the Tampa series. Vancouver played like shit for every game after game 2. If they had played up to expectations, it would've been a sweep - and it was on the way to being so. The Horton hit changed Boston for the best. Totally woke them up and sent the Canucks into the fetal position.

What impresses me the most about Boston is that they've been without their best player - Marc Savard - for most of the season. If they had him at full strength it would've been a Boston sweep.

And Vancouver was still an infinitely faster team, anyone denying that was clearly not watching the games and knows very little about hockey. They just weren't fast enough to not stop playing like shit.

Congrats to Zdeno Chara, a former Islander, and Tim Thomas, a great American goalie. And I bet Tyler Seguin never thought going #2 overall in the draft he'd be raising the Cup the year after.
So i guess you have to always be a hardcore fan to stay off the bandwagon? Casual fandom is not allowed, ever? Poseiden I'm so sorry that your ten years of being a hardcore hockey fan led you to make wrong or obsurd predictions/statements in this thread. You're doing well to keep up the tool persona though. Maybe it's not a mask..
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

*absurd

Yeah, because thinking the President's Cup winners who had powered through the 2nd and 3rd rounds would demolish the third place Bruins was such a far reaching statement. Because thinking Luongo would perform better than Jekyll and Hyde Thomas was such a far off statement. Guess what? 90% of the hockey world thought the same as I did. If you were actually a real hockey fan you'd know that. Hell, you didn't even know about the criticisms of Seguin. So it was wrong... you've never made a wrong prediction before? The Horton hit turned the series around. Stop acting like you're some knowledgeable true fan when you admitted yourself that you didn't watch them when they sucked. My team hasn't even won a playoff series since '94 and I stick by them.

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-06-17 09:06:42)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i watched the last time boston won. i've seen bobby orr and gordy howe play. i am the casual hockey fan, and the last time i wanted any team to win was the first oiler team that won the Cup. grant fuhr was magnificent, and some punk kid that never fought was ok too.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
I never said I didn't watch them anymore. I said I stopped being a hardcore fan after the Neely days.(Highschool was a distant memory and life changed) I watched games here and there still watching Ray(winning the Cup too), Heinze, Rosie, and Joe and being bummed he was traded.Have played hundred if not over 1000 street/floor/only a few ice hockey games in my life.(never a great skater) Last one a few years back. There is an over 30 floor hockey league in Chatham I'm thinking of joining. Still have my some Mylec equipment. Playing net was my passion. During the Barry Pederson, Charlie Simmer, Middleton, Miller days I was a kid who between periods ran to the cellar to put on the goalie pads pretending to be Doug or grabbed a stick and shot tennis balls with my friends.  Christ we used  make our own goalie pads out of foam rubber with belts.  By the way the Bruins never sucked that much. I think they missed the playoffs 4 or 5 times over the last 30 years. Guess it's not enough to be a True Fan like you. lol

Last edited by CC-Marley (2011-06-17 10:55:40)

CC-Marley
+407|6827
Calling Rollie the 3rd best modern playoff goalie was absurd.
11 Bravo
Banned

CC-Marley wrote:

dude pussydon is always right aboot video games and hockey.  duh.  winning.
CC-Marley
+407|6827

CC-Marley wrote:

then you say Luongo is better. is he #2?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

CC-Marley wrote:

I never said I didn't watch them anymore. I said I stopped being a hardcore fan after the Neely days.(Highschool was a distant memory and life changed) I watched games here and there still watching Ray(winning the Cup too), Heinze, Rosie, and Joe and being bummed he was traded.Have played hundred if not over 1000 street/floor/only a few ice hockey games in my life.(never a great skater) Last one a few years back. There is an over 30 floor hockey league in Chatham I'm thinking of joining. Still have my some Mylec equipment. Playing net was my passion. During the Barry Pederson, Charlie Simmer, Middleton, Miller days I was a kid who between periods ran to the cellar to put on the goalie pads pretending to be Doug or grabbed a stick and shot tennis balls with my friends.  Christ we used to use make our own goalie pads out of foam rubber with belts.  By the way the Bruins never sucked that much. I think they missed the playoffs 4 or 5 times over the last 30 years. Guess it's not enough to be a True Fan like you. lol
I'm not gonna argue it with you. You're trying to jump on me as if I made some ridiculous prediction. There was a sportscaster, forgot who it was exactly, who said the finals would be Nashville vs. Philly. You gonna jump on him too? Bad predictions happen all the time.

And Rollie IS still one of the best playoff goalies in modern times. Where he would be is up for debate, but he is known for being clutch in the playoffs. He gained notoriety with the Wild in the playoffs, would've won the cup with Edmonton if he hadn't been injured leaving it to Conklin, and at his age came within one game of the Cup finals this year. Hasek, Belfour, Brodeur, Roy and CuJo are all known as being the best, but Roloson's been underrated because he hasn't been in the playoffs that much because he's been stuck on shitty teams. I've seen all 6 of the goalies mentioned play and watched them, and I would firmly place Roloson in the top 5.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
absurd
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
11 Bravo
Banned
nuts!

Board footer