Ivan DOlvich
+0|6722
No, not like in america's army.
Everyone knows about complainings about whoring and those bastards that exploit the game. I think it would be good to add a honor/renown system so players can punish that people. The idea is as follows:

Lets say a gamer starts as a private having 100 honor points. Then he goes to his first game and:

a - Makes a good game: no TK's, no vehicle damage, makes a minimum amount of team points.... he's awarded with 1-2 points of honor (2 if he really does a great team work). Good job soldier!

b - Makes a decent game: some failures, TK's, not much teamplay... average gaming: +0 honor points. You've served well, soldier.

c - Starts bitching around with his brand new noobtube, TK's on purpose or without saying sorry, bunnyhops, barrages eneymy non capturable base, and any other dirty gaming... then someone can start a voting to dishonour him for being a bad gamer. You dishonour our army, soldier!

* How would this work?
Voting could be like those for kicking bad players: someone starts a voting against him and.. if votes for dishonour the player are over a 25% of players in game.. he loses a honor point, plus 1 extra point for every X votes over that minimum, again based on the amount of players.
For example: soldier badass is a dumbass on some game and gets dishonour voting in a 32 players server. If 8 of them vote for dishonour him, he loses 1 point, if 16 votes for it he loses 2... and so on.

* How does my honor affects me?
1 - People will see on your resume how dumbass you are if you get low scores or how nice you are if its high.
2 - Your honor affects your scoring: in a round, your classification will be based on your actual score, but to add your score to your total, it will be: score*honour%.
Example: soldier baddass has 80 points of honour and scores 100 points in the round: he gets 100 points for after match medals purpose, but on his resume will get a penalty of 20 points for his bad behaviour.
Another example: private goodie scores 100 points and due to his outstanding teamplay he has 105 points of honor: he'll score as 100 for medals purposes, but his resume will show 5 extra points for good behaviour.

Of course, there should be a maximum honour to prevent people have a 500% award, and to prevent farming honour points just to be a private badass later. Lets say 110 as maximum: 10% of bonus for great players is fair, i think.

Also, some team playing points should count more than others: neutralizing, capturing and defending flags, blowing artillery and UAV would count as a full point, while ressuply, heal and revive would count 0.25 (im not sure about repairing, its somewhat hard to get those points, and repairint arty, and commander stuff should award more points, in my oppinion). Why? because resupply and heal is easy, and everyone knows how easy is to make points with a medic, while other actions require some bigger efforts and risks. Not to mention that other classes dont even get team points except from flags...

This also could bring new good conduct medals, given for long periods of fair playing: a number of hours of game with honour score over 105, for example.
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6722|The Netherlands
lol, how long did it take you to think of this? Looks to me that it won't work. It sounds like it's very hard to get over 100 points, but you lose them quite easy, if every vote above 25% loses him 1 point, that would mean that he can easily lose over 10 points in one round, a bit too much? Everyone can have a bad round with teamkills, this looks a bit too rough to me, it's still a game, everyone is trying to have some fun I doubt this will improve that.

On top of that, this means there will come even more votes, I get like crazy of the number of votes in every round, when I want to click page up cuz the commander gives me an order or something, there suddenly is a vote and you press page up, I mean, there already are too much votes in my eyes...
Ivan DOlvich
+0|6722
It actually took me less time to think it than to write it haha.

Idea is that you can only be voted for dishonour once, so you'd lose 4 points as much... plus, if game decides you made a good one you can lose 2 only. Anyway, to lose 4 points... the full server including yourself should vote for it!
And yes, maybe voting is not the best solution, but im sure other options are available, like buttons used for inviting people to your squad, or limiting dishonour to commander and squad leaders that have played a minimum amount of time as leader on a populated squad... its just an idea that allows improvement
=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6722|The Netherlands
I see your point, but personally I think I prefer just a little more of those morrons than more options of voting, "dishonoring" and more things like that. I just want to play a nice game when I play, and the less votes the better.

Although one point: kickvoting could be made easier; I noticed not many people vote when a kickvote is initiated. If you ask me they could lower the percentage to like 40% or something, or lower it comparing to the teamkills the guy makes, so if he has a teamscore of -12 the kickvote would need only 30% of the players voting yes.
=KBO=FragAbsorber
+0|6726
You're kidding, right?

Look at how many people abuse the punish, mutiny, and vote kick systems.  Like this wouldn't be yet another free way to grief?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6748|Riva, MD
OMG, I GOT DISHONORED!!!  That's a very stupid punishment.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6716
That sounds like a good idea.  Except no voting.  If you kill your team, you don't lose points, but honor.  If you use the noob tube too much, or if you whore the tank or jet too much.  Mabey honor could affect your respawn time or the number of points you earn or something.  Having less than the default honor increases your respawn time and decreases the number of points you get.  But you can't gain more honor than the default: it would be padded.
Alert Medic
+0|6734
There's no way that would ever work. Just like the punish system that works so well now!
Spyx750
+0|6775
how about you lose 50 honour for a tk (take away the punish option) and you gain 1 honour for every kill
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6716|Espoo, Finland

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

That sounds like a good idea.  Except no voting.  If you kill your team, you don't lose points, but honor.  If you use the noob tube too much, or if you whore the tank or jet too much.  Mabey honor could affect your respawn time or the number of points you earn or something.  Having less than the default honor increases your respawn time and decreases the number of points you get.  But you can't gain more honor than the default: it would be padded.
You suggesting to give dishonour to pilots because they fly a lot?
If you are I have to say you're an idiot
Same goes for the "noob tube" and armor...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard