Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6497|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Full Article
Part of an annual political forum at the academy, the three speakers are Walid Shoebat, Kamal Saleem and Zak Anani.

A news release said the academy invited them "so that the cadets can better understand the Islamic mind set in our war on terror."

The speeches are slated for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
I for one think that would be an excellent speech to see, but like the article mentions it could be a little heavy on the evangelism side.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command
Our tax dollars at work.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6664|Camoran's Paradise
Should be interesting.  Last week, a former Israeli Captain came and talked at my university about the culture and psychology of Islamic extremists and current affairs in the Middle East.  Great lecture; very unbiased.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Ya great.  Maybe we can still find someone from the SS who opened the cans of zyklon b.  You know, so we can understand.
Reciprocity
+721|6600|the dank(super) side of Oregon

usmarine wrote:

Ya great.  Maybe we can still find someone from the SS who opened the cans of zyklon b.  You know, so we can understand.
yeah, trying to understand your enemy is stoopid.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Reciprocity wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh brother
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6537|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh brother
I understand the enemy just fine.  I understand what it takes to eliminate the threat However coma space by the rules created by some suit wearing mother fuckers, i have to play by "conventional warefare" rules.
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5975|Minnesota
after reading the article i don't think it sounds like they're gonna go tell everyone to become Christian, i think they'll just say their stories and that the reason they changed is Christianity.
Reciprocity
I guess you're right, a lack of intelligence got us into this.  why would it get us out?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6735

Reciprocity wrote:

I guess you're right, a lack of intelligence got us into this.  why would it get us out?
How are the Airforce Cadets supposed to get more intelligent by listening to former scumbag terrorists...?

We got into this because..... 

Terrorist Acts Suspected of or Inspired by al-Qaeda
1993 (Feb.): Bombing of World Trade Center (WTC); 6 killed.
1993 (Oct.): Killing of U.S. soldiers in Somalia.
1996 (June): Truck bombing at Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killed 19 Americans.
1998 (Aug.): Bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania; 224 killed, including 12 Americans.
1999 (Dec.): Plot to bomb millennium celebrations in Seattle foiled when customs agents arrest an Algerian smuggling explosives into the U.S.
2000 (Oct.): Bombing of the USS Cole in port in Yemen; 17 U.S. sailors killed.
2001 (Sept.): Destruction of WTC; attack on Pentagon. Total dead 2,992.
2001 (Dec.): Man tried to denote shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.
2002 (April): Explosion at historic synagogue in Tunisia left 21 dead, including 11 German tourists.
2002 (May): Car exploded outside hotel in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 14, including 11 French citizens.
2002 (June): Bomb exploded outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12.
2002 (Oct.): Boat crashed into oil tanker off Yemen coast, killing 1.
2002 (Oct.): Nightclub bombings in Bali, Indonesia, killed 202, mostly Australian citizens.
2002 (Nov.): Suicide attack on a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, killed 16.
2003 (May): Suicide bombers killed 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2003 (May): 4 bombs killed 33 people targeting Jewish, Spanish, and Belgian sites in Casablanca, Morocco.
2003 (Aug.): Suicide car-bomb killed 12, injured 150 at Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia.
2003 (Nov.): Explosions rocked a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, housing compound, killing 17.
2003 (Nov.): Suicide car-bombers simultaneously attacked 2 synagogues in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 25 and injuring hundreds.
2003 (Nov.): Truck bombs detonated at London bank and British consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 26.
2004 (March): 10 bombs on 4 trains exploded almost simultaneously during the morning rush hour in Madrid, Spain, killing 191 and injuring more than 1,500.
2004 (May): Terrorists attacked Saudi oil company offices in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing 22.
2004 (June): Terrorists kidnapped and executed American Paul Johnson, Jr., in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2004 (Sept.): Car bomb outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, killed 9.
2004 (Dec.): Terrorists entered the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 9 (including 4 attackers).
2005 (July): Bombs exploded on 3 trains and a bus in London, England, killing 52.
2005 (Oct.): 22 killed by 3 suicide bombs in Bali, Indonesia.
2005 (Nov.): 57 killed at 3 American hotels in Amman, Jordan.
2006 (Jan.): Two suicide bombers carrying police badges blow themselves up near a celebration at the Police Academy in Baghdad, killing nearly 20 police officers. Al-Qaeda in Iraq takes responsibility.
2006 (Aug.): Police arrest 24 British-born Muslims, most of whom have ties to Pakistan, who had allegedly plotted to blow up as many as 10 planes using liquid explosives. Officials say details of the plan were similar to other schemes devised by al-Qaeda.
2007 (April): Suicide bombers attack a government building in Algeria's capital, Algiers, killing 35 and wounding hundreds more. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility.
2007 (April): Eight people, including two Iraqi legislators, die when a suicide bomber strikes inside the Parliament building in Baghdad. An organization that includes al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia claims responsibility. In another attack, the Sarafiya Bridge that spans the Tigris River is destroyed.
2007 (June): British police find car bombs in two vehicles in London. The attackers reportedly tried to detonate the bombs using cell phones but failed. Government officials say al-Qaeda is linked to the attempted attack. The following day, an SUV carrying bombs bursts into flames after it slams into an entrance to Glasgow Airport. Officials say the attacks are connected.

The moronic rhetoric by people on this forum really makes me laugh...
Love is the answer
Marinejuana
local
+415|6604|Seattle

usmarine wrote:

Yeah, that might be good for you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6125|eXtreme to the maX
Oh noes! Keep your fingers in your ears or you could learn something!
Better still, find a pile of sand and stick your head in it.

I understand the enemy just fine.  I understand what it takes to eliminate the threat However coma space by the rules created by some suit wearing mother fuckers, i have to play by "conventional warefare" rules.
Wouldn't it be a lot easier, cheaper and more effective to re-educate them?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-02-06 04:07:27)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

Probably not.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Marinejuana wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Yeah, that might be good for you.
And how would that be oh wise one?  Share your pothead tinfoil hat theories with me.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6659|Your moms bedroom
what they really should have said is "if you eject over enemy territory, do not expect to get this kind of treatment"
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6734|US
I missed it...damn class schedule!  I was in German and EE during the session.
Reciprocity

RAIMIUS wrote:

I missed it...damn class schedule!  I was in German and EE during the session.
and it's a good thing. 

otherwise, marine would have labled you a candy-assed arab lover.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Reciprocity wrote:

otherwise, marine would have labled you a candy-assed arab lover.
blow me
CameronPoe
+2,925|6574

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

How are the Airforce Cadets supposed to get more intelligent by listening to former scumbag terrorists...?

We got into this because..... 

Terrorist Acts Suspected of or Inspired by al-Qaeda
1993 (Feb.): Bombing of World Trade Center (WTC); 6 killed.
1993 (Oct.): Killing of U.S. soldiers in Somalia.
1996 (June): Truck bombing at Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, killed 19 Americans.
1998 (Aug.): Bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania; 224 killed, including 12 Americans.
1999 (Dec.): Plot to bomb millennium celebrations in Seattle foiled when customs agents arrest an Algerian smuggling explosives into the U.S.
2000 (Oct.): Bombing of the USS Cole in port in Yemen; 17 U.S. sailors killed.
2001 (Sept.): Destruction of WTC; attack on Pentagon. Total dead 2,992.
2001 (Dec.): Man tried to denote shoe bomb on flight from Paris to Miami.
2002 (April): Explosion at historic synagogue in Tunisia left 21 dead, including 11 German tourists.
2002 (May): Car exploded outside hotel in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 14, including 11 French citizens.
2002 (June): Bomb exploded outside American consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 12.
2002 (Oct.): Boat crashed into oil tanker off Yemen coast, killing 1.
2002 (Oct.): Nightclub bombings in Bali, Indonesia, killed 202, mostly Australian citizens.
2002 (Nov.): Suicide attack on a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, killed 16.
2003 (May): Suicide bombers killed 34, including 8 Americans, at housing compounds for Westerners in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2003 (May): 4 bombs killed 33 people targeting Jewish, Spanish, and Belgian sites in Casablanca, Morocco.
2003 (Aug.): Suicide car-bomb killed 12, injured 150 at Marriott Hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia.
2003 (Nov.): Explosions rocked a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, housing compound, killing 17.
2003 (Nov.): Suicide car-bombers simultaneously attacked 2 synagogues in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 25 and injuring hundreds.
2003 (Nov.): Truck bombs detonated at London bank and British consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, killing 26.
2004 (March): 10 bombs on 4 trains exploded almost simultaneously during the morning rush hour in Madrid, Spain, killing 191 and injuring more than 1,500.
2004 (May): Terrorists attacked Saudi oil company offices in Khobar, Saudi Arabia, killing 22.
2004 (June): Terrorists kidnapped and executed American Paul Johnson, Jr., in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2004 (Sept.): Car bomb outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, killed 9.
2004 (Dec.): Terrorists entered the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, killing 9 (including 4 attackers).
2005 (July): Bombs exploded on 3 trains and a bus in London, England, killing 52.
2005 (Oct.): 22 killed by 3 suicide bombs in Bali, Indonesia.
2005 (Nov.): 57 killed at 3 American hotels in Amman, Jordan.
2006 (Jan.): Two suicide bombers carrying police badges blow themselves up near a celebration at the Police Academy in Baghdad, killing nearly 20 police officers. Al-Qaeda in Iraq takes responsibility.
2006 (Aug.): Police arrest 24 British-born Muslims, most of whom have ties to Pakistan, who had allegedly plotted to blow up as many as 10 planes using liquid explosives. Officials say details of the plan were similar to other schemes devised by al-Qaeda.
2007 (April): Suicide bombers attack a government building in Algeria's capital, Algiers, killing 35 and wounding hundreds more. Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb claims responsibility.
2007 (April): Eight people, including two Iraqi legislators, die when a suicide bomber strikes inside the Parliament building in Baghdad. An organization that includes al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia claims responsibility. In another attack, the Sarafiya Bridge that spans the Tigris River is destroyed.
2007 (June): British police find car bombs in two vehicles in London. The attackers reportedly tried to detonate the bombs using cell phones but failed. Government officials say al-Qaeda is linked to the attempted attack. The following day, an SUV carrying bombs bursts into flames after it slams into an entrance to Glasgow Airport. Officials say the attacks are connected.

The moronic rhetoric by people on this forum really makes me laugh...
You might want to draw back a little further to the western support of various dictators throughout the middle east, support for state terrorists Israel, backing an unjust invasion of Iran by Iraq, the CIA overthrow of the democratically elected prime minister of Iran Mohammed Mossadeq (he wanted to nationalise the oil)....etc.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6734|US
I was able to hear Lawrence Wright speak on the development of terrorists.  He suggests that many terrorists are recruited because they lack any strong group identity/feel like outcasts in their society.  It is an interesting theory.  Granted, there are many reasons people become terrorists.  He cited studies that show most Islamic terrorists come from educated, middle-class backgrounds and are not ultra-fundamentalists (at the start).

The presentations are part of a larger forum on "Dismantaling Terrorism."  The collective findings are going to be forwarded through the DoD and to the FBI, CIA, and some other organizations.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2008-02-07 09:42:44)

G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6645|Sea to globally-cooled sea
Cam is jealous he's not an american.  that's my final answer. 
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6734|US

CameronPoe wrote:

You might want to draw back a little further to the western support of various dictators throughout the middle east, support for state terrorists Israel, backing an unjust invasion of Iran by Iraq, the CIA overthrow of the democratically elected prime minister of Iran Mohammed Mossadeq (he wanted to nationalise the oil)....etc.
There is not a whole lot the US can do about the actions of 20-60 years ago!  Israel is a state, the Saudis are our tenative allies, and Iran will be pissed at the US for a long time.

Perhaps you would care to discuss the issue at hand, rather than break off on a US foreign policy history lession/lecture/rant.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2008-02-07 10:01:00)

blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6721|Little Rock, Arkansas

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nope. If we're going for easy, cheap, and effective, we're much better off to kill them all and let God sort it out.

It's for the greater good. Of the US, anyway.
=DB4D=Slight
+8|6204
you'll note that some of the characters on here claiming to have some sort of association with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children are the same dudes who think learning about their enemy is wrong (er, sorry, I mean paying scumbags to lecture the troops), but you'll also be aware of the idea of how bright Jarheads have to be in the first place.....I'm not saying Marine are dumb.. but... charging machine guns for a living, after all.... God bless them

Seriously, Orwell said that we can rest easy in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence to those who would do us harm. I respect those "rough men" and am grateful for their sacrifice and commitment.....
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

RAIMIUS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

There is not a whole lot the US can do about the actions of 20-60 years ago!  Israel is a state, the Saudis are our tenative allies, and Iran will be pissed at the US for a long time.

Perhaps you would care to discuss the issue at hand, rather than break off on a US foreign policy history lession/lecture/rant.
RAIMIUS has a point here Cam, that's not what we're talking about.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard