IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6779

Charmin wrote:

How do I practice for commander???
Offline, Single player
Rico-Chez
+0|6724
Commander points has been a source of much confusion.   Having spent 170+ hours as commander (under various names), I can assure you that k61824 has it right.  A commander earns NO points from personal kills, arty kills, repairs, supplies, flag captures, flag defends, heals,  or whatever.  A commander ONLY earns the dynamic average of the scores of all his team mates, doubled if the team wins. 

Nevertheless, the 2x win bonus makes it worthwhile for the commander to participate in the combat if by doing so he can increase his side's chances of winning.  Personally, I prefer to hang back and guard one of the rear capturable flags when playing commander.  As commander, I can keep an eye on a C4'd flag without ever putting my head above the parapet, so to speak.  The MEC home base on Dragon Valley is a classic for this.

Personal kills and team points do sometimes show up on the score board, but nevertheless do not contribute to the final score.  Personal kills and arty kills DEFINITELY DO count towards IAR award requirements.  That makes it relatively easy for a commander to acquire a full set of class specific Veteran Combat Badges.

Re right-clicking to spot an enemy on the map without using the UAV - This is also useful for checking to see if an area is clear.  If there is no enemy in the immediate vicinity of the click, you will get a red "?" instead.  Useful for checking a flag after an arty attack, or if a player requests a UAV when it is not available - as long as he understands the meaning of the "?" .
Rico-Chez
+0|6724
Oh, and if you haven't done so already, check out http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=542

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard