Charmin
+1|6663
having been fan of the .50 sniperrifle ever since the deltaforce game brought it up there a link i think EA should read before the put in the gun with very poor realistic capabilities:

http://www.vpc.org/studies/duckone.htm

NOTE; this link contains all you need to know about the 50 caliber.
Charmin
+1|6663
Quote; "An excerpt from the U.S. Army's manual on urban combat emphasizes the 50 caliber sniper rifle's ability to destroy materiel targets:

These heavy sniper rifles were originally intended as anti materiel weapons for stand-off attack against high-value targets, such as radar control vans, missiles, parked aircraft, and bulk fuel and ammunition storage sites....It is their ability to shoot through all but the heaviest shielding material, and their devastating effects, that make them valuable psychological weapons."
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center
for the last time, this game isn't meant to be real.

defibs revive people no matter what.  first aid kits heal bullet/shrapnel wounds.  support troops carry unlimited amounts of ammo.  a wrench will fix anything.  friendly mines show up with red skulls on them.

its meant to balance the game out and make it more fun to play.  if you want one-shot kill sniper rifles, go play CS.
Charmin
+1|6663
perhaps i shouldve put this somewhere else since it not really a complain
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
At this point since this topic has been brought up about a thousand times I think that the complain section is perfect or else the search button is used.

But really the simple fact is always the same and has always been the same since the beginning.

Make a gun that kills in ONE hit and you have everyone wanting to use that gun.
Unbalancing weaponary is not a way to make a fun game.
Oh and also it's a game not reality.

Hence.. it's based on reality which means it's a work on fiction based upon non-fiction.
Anyone who has seen a movie based on a book knows the creative licensing that is taken.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6723

ThomasMorgan wrote:

defibs revive people no matter what.  first aid kits heal bullet/shrapnel wounds.  support troops carry unlimited amounts of ammo.  a wrench will fix anything.  friendly mines show up with red skulls on them.

its meant to balance the game out and make it more fun to play.  if you want one-shot kill sniper rifles, go play CS.
Why play CS? I have a one-shot kill sniper rifle. Its under the assault class.
Sud
+0|6718
if you a game with flawed hitboxes where your sniper rifle will go through a person doing no damage, go play CS.
fixed
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6668
i will admit piercing APC with a .50 would be pretty sweet, but then people would get carried away and hope for more and then well EA will have a hell of a lot to do then
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

ThomasMorgan wrote:

good luck making people see this point thomasmorgan. others have tried and failed. yet, there is always hope...
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Sure. Once you get killed you have to buy another copy of the game.
DumDiDiDum
+0|6664
IS it not a case of ballance? I have shot many snipers twice in the legs and killed them... How is that for ballance.

EA/Dice advertise that the .50 can shoot through Helicopter Armoured glass. How is that ballanced if it still takes two shots to kill a guy? Why tease with a more high powered unloack rifle?

How is the M95 ballanced against the other weapons? The AT is a single shot kill.... the 40mm granade launcher is a single kill.... I capped many snipers using standard rifles. Looking from the position of the sniper... yes it is near (75 - 100 m), but hell, killing a sniper with an ordinary rifle faster than the sniper could.. that is what I call NOT balanced.

I must stress that I mainly play urban maps to which these points apply. In the more open maps, naturally the sniper role is different. However, I find myself all the more playing other kits.
ishbu
+0|6662
and i have killed many people with other kits on urban maps with the sniper.  Its the skill at the kit involved, and naturally sniping takes a bit of skill, since its not point and spray and get 2 pts...
Charmin
+1|6663
howbout a sniper VIDEO, or so to say a "noob sniper at point blank range" LOL

http://www.break.com/index/luckybuck.html

..........gosh...........
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6694|New Hampshire

DumDiDiDum wrote:

IS it not a case of ballance? I have shot many snipers twice in the legs and killed them... How is that for ballance.

EA/Dice advertise that the .50 can shoot through Helicopter Armoured glass. How is that ballanced if it still takes two shots to kill a guy? Why tease with a more high powered unloack rifle?

How is the M95 ballanced against the other weapons? The AT is a single shot kill.... the 40mm granade launcher is a single kill.... I capped many snipers using standard rifles. Looking from the position of the sniper... yes it is near (75 - 100 m), but hell, killing a sniper with an ordinary rifle faster than the sniper could.. that is what I call NOT balanced.

I must stress that I mainly play urban maps to which these points apply. In the more open maps, naturally the sniper role is different. However, I find myself all the more playing other kits.
When you're playing as an actual sniper, it's going to take a normal infantrymen a long time to get his ass to your position to shoot you.  Furthermore, the sniper rifles range gives him a decisive advantage in this position.  And, come to think of it, even IF an infantrymen can get close enough to a sniper to cap him, the sniper should have claymores covering his ass so blammo - no more opposition.

The 50 cal is a balance issue and it's good where it is.  NO weapon does one shot kill damage without sacrifing range and accuracy.  The 203 is a one shot kill, but you have no scope, and it takes real talent to hit someone far off with one of those things.  The AT is a one shot, but that's because its made to kill tanks.  One shot kills anywhere in a body would lead to this scenario - everyone would be sniper, and they would ALL sit around spawn points, making it impossible for anyone to spawn because they'd be one shotted immediately.

As for using an M95 against a helo or vehicle, chances are if you get lucky enough to shoot the person you're going to hit them in the head, which is mostly what is visible.  If you're a good sniper, you know where to hide around enemy vehicles and helos, so when they get in them you can shoot them out before they take off.
Esker
+1|6697
Lets not forget the pump action shotguns are one shot kill weapons if used correctly too.

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-05 02:23:21)

TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6694|New Hampshire
Let's not forget that the shotgun fires buckshot and it's only the pellets that do a one shot kill.  Also, the effective one shot kill range of this rifle is probably no more than 3 m, and is utterly useless at anything past probably about 10m.
Esker
+1|6697
That's when the pistol or a grenade come in handy

You're best off not attacking anything that's far away really, wait for them to come to you if they've seen you (9/10 they come running in like idiots) or run like a bitch if it's a sniper heh.

The pump action shotguns are very good weapons, they're just totally overshadowed because of their delays between shots. In the right hands they can cause complete havok on maps like Karkand and Sharqi.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard