Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6464|The Land of Scott Walker
Who is looking forward to it? *raises hand*

Now that football is over, it will be nice have NASCAR to watch on Sunday. The reconfiguration of teams and the switchover to the new car design will make this season pretty interesting I think.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6410|fÄking denmark
NASCAR?
no thanks.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Arena football and hockey for me.  No Neckcar.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6541
*raises hand*

Mark Martin will win it. He got jewed hard last year.

I hope Tony Stewart does well in his Toyota this year even though I doubt it. As long as Gordon/Johnson don't win, I'll be happy.
Stingray24
I wouldn't mind seeing Martin win it.  He's a really nice guy and a talented driver.  If anyone deserves one, he does.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
If they show it on terrestrial TV late at night when nothing else is on, I'll watch it.

That's how I got into US Footie and Baseball

But I was always into Car Racing, of any sort.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6659
Go Dale Jr.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

yay left hand turns yay
Mekstizzle
WALKER

usmarine wrote:

yay left hand turns yay
Last time I was watching a NASCAR race and they were racing on a real race track, I was like "wtf guise"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

Mek-Izzle wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yay left hand turns yay
Last time I was watching a NASCAR race and they were racing on a real race track, I was like "wtf guise"
all of them need to be on real tracks.  then I would watch it.
ig
+1,199|6541

usmarine wrote:

yay left hand turns yay
they got to you too?

usmarine wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

usmarine wrote:

yay left hand turns yay
all of them need to be on real tracks.  then I would watch it.
just go to a race. watching it on tv is a little boring. i guarantee you'll see nascar in a different light after going to a race though.

Last edited by ig (2008-02-04 14:55:05)

Stingray24
Those of you who don't give NASCAR drivers any credit can just stay out of this thread.  Spam somewhere else.  When you can do 180mph+ and even keep it on the track without stuffing the wall get back to me ...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

ig wrote:

just go to a race. watching it on tv is a little boring. i guarantee you'll see nascar in a different light after going to a race though.
I was at the Daytona 500 back in 2001.  Meh
ig
+1,199|6541

usmarine wrote:

ig wrote:

really man? damn. i've been to atlanta, darlington, and talladega and had a fucking blast everytime.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

ig wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ig wrote:

really man? damn. i've been to atlanta, darlington, and talladega and had a fucking blast everytime.
I would rather watch a road course on TV, then go to a circle track in person.
ig
+1,199|6541

usmarine wrote:

ig wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I would rather watch a road course on TV, then go to a circle track in person.
what other sporting event lets you bring in your own beer/food?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

ig wrote:

what other sporting event lets you bring in your own beer/food?
ya that was pretty cool tbh.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663
I have a Monte Carlo SS
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I have a Monte Carlo SS
if you have a #8 on it I will hunt you down...
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6593
This years 500:
Hendrick WILL be strong (the plate program they have is amazing), Dale Jr. is always fast, as well as Johnson and Gordon.

The COT: Should be interesting to see it at Daytona.  After Talladega last year, the teams got a decent handle on aero (what little they can play with) and dampers.  With that said, Daytona is NOT Talledega, Daytona is a handling track, Dega is "hold it wide open and go with the fast line".  A whole different animal it is...

Toyota: They will be very strong this year.  JGR has seen to that.  If Toyota has any success this year, it will be because of JGR.  (Toyota not 'tupid...)  So expect Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin to be strong.  I also see the 22 of BDR, driven by Dave Blaney being a threat, tho a dark horse at best.  The RedBull teams have still yet much to learn, I give them 2 in 10 chance.  Same chance for MWR...poor Mikey hehe.

The Dodges of GEM are not going to be a threat I think, thought I do give Juan Pablo good chances to make the chase this year.

In the end, the Daytona 500 is not about who has the fasters car, never has been.  Its about who can handle, who can manage the tires well, good clean pit stops...and properly reading the air.

My pick for the 50 annual Daytona 500:  The Hendrick Motor Sports #88, driven by Dale Jr.
we'll see next sunday.

oh...and *raises hand*

ig
+1,199|6541

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I have a Monte Carlo SS
what year?

https://ls7montess.com/RFcowl.jpg

mmmmmm

Last edited by ig (2008-02-04 15:10:49)

Stingray24
700hp+ V8 thunder, 43 cars inches apart, 200mph w/ limited downforce, no electronic engine/transmission/throttle control ...
Mekstizzle
WALKER

ig wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I have a Monte Carlo SS
what year?

http://ls7montess.com/RFcowl.jpg

mmmmmm
They don't look as cool without the body kits and lowering it to the ground, and of course. They're missing the supercharged V8's or whatever they use.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-04 15:12:32)

Stingray24
That looks straight up sweet.  Gimme.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
You really do need the body kit. Keep the stickers and shit in the garage though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard