capt. crunch
+8|6484|that place
Well the title explains it. I want to know how to use the shutdown command but I want to do remote computers. I know it goes somehow like shutdown -m//computer name. I've tried multiple combinations and even tried the GUI interface and have not been able to do it. So if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it!
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6524|Gogledd Cymru

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 5

Shuts down after 5 seconds

%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -a

Aborts timed shutdown.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6602|NYC / Hamburg

Code:

shutdown /s /m \\NAME
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6684

Code:

shutdown -s -m\\computername
EDIT: Gah, damn you Max!

Last edited by ghettoperson (2008-02-04 08:35:01)

0akleaves
+183|6648|Newcastle UK
how do i do this 2 my friends on msn lol.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6684

You can't.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6552|USA

0akleaves wrote:

omg.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6770|Salt Lake City

You can also do remote restarts by using the -r switch.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6524|Gogledd Cymru

0akleaves wrote:

Send them this file, and tell them to dbl click

http://rapidshare.com/files/89135442/shutdown.exe
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6436|dm_maidenhead
And rename the file, tell them its a game or something
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6442|Somersetshire
lol this looks like fun
CrazeD
+368|6707|Maine
On a side note, if you do one with a timer you can kill it by going to start>run>type shutdown -a
max
Vela Incident

CrazeD wrote:

On a side note, if you do one with a timer you can kill it by going to start>run>type shutdown -a
i learned that the had way in 2003 when i was infected with a little script that would shut down my pc 30s after starting up
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6689

Hmm... interesting...

Is there a way to put this code in a shortcut so that when a friend wants to play bf2 the computer will shutdown after 5 or 10 seconds? >:-D
CrazeD
+368|6707|Maine

max wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

i learned that the had way in 2003 when i was infected with a little script that would shut down my pc 30s after starting up
Blaster worm?

My friend got that...

EDIT:

mtb0minime wrote:

Hmm... interesting...

Is there a way to put this code in a shortcut so that when a friend wants to play bf2 the computer will shutdown after 5 or 10 seconds? >:-D
Yes, just put the code in the shortcut where you would normally place the file.

Alternatively, you could just make a batch file.

EDIT again: You can put a comment by using the -c "COMMENT HERE" parameter.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-02-04 13:52:58)

max
Vela Incident

CrazeD wrote:

max wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Blaster worm?

My friend got that...
couple months before that, although rather similar
capt. crunch
+8|6484|that place
Hasn't worked so far...I am at school and says network path not found. Do I need the actual name of the computer or the physical address?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6416|the land of bourbon

capt. crunch wrote:

Hasn't worked so far...I am at school and says network path not found. Do I need the actual name of the computer or the physical address?
the name of the computer should work, make sure the format is correct.  \\computername or \\ipaddy will work.  you also need remote admin rights to the machine you are doing this to.  if you don't have that, it's not going to work.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-02-05 06:50:39)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6684

You won't be able to do it from school, it needs to be on your local network.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard