Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6855|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Can I safely install 1.21 over XConfig and have it work normally?
xGj
Official lame Crysis fanboy.
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh

Funky_Finny wrote:

Well, XGj, I realise you've got enough people with problems, but when I use "low" settings, I get 10-15 FPS. Sure, it looks great, but it's too slow.
I think you should make a lowER spec config, just for me xD
I don't know if I have posted it yet in this thread but I have to manage an XConfig at over 3 different forums so here goes again:
I bugged up the low config in this release somehow and 1.4 will have it fixed. A better performance with low settings, and an ultra low config. So I hope that answers your question.
PBAsydney: I assume you mean Crysis patch 1.2? You can install it safely yes, the configs itself are totally compatible with 1.2. To be totally sure you might want to restore the original Time of Day settings, then install patch 1.2, then inject XToD again. That's the safest way.
alexb
<3
+590|5952|Kentucky, USA

Clouds don't show up too. (Low)
topal63
. . .
+533|6730

alexbay13 wrote:

Clouds don't show up to. (Low)
There not supposed to. That gets turned off... if you select LOW in the Crysis menu itself (not by using a .cfg file) it should turn cloud volumes off as well. Cloud volumes are dynamic entities that consume CPU/GPU processing cycles/power. A static skybox or no clouds & no skybox is what you get on LOW.

In fact on LOW the game should look like total SHIT. If you had simply selected LOW in the Crysis menu the game would basically turn all eye candy OFF.

All advanced Shaders OFF.
Clouds/fog volumes OFF.
Shadows OFF.
Vegetation terrain color blending OFF.
Restricted/limited view distance ratio,
distant texture detail OFF.
And so on...

What primarily chokes Crysis performance in the above list is how vegetation is rendered and shaded and simply having shadows ON. 75% to 90% of FPS/performance reduction will be found there. Any other system config tweaks can usually only account for about the remaining 10-25% of game performance (or 3-5 FPS), and will vary dependent upon your actual video card and how much available RAM is on that video card.

Last edited by topal63 (2008-03-20 07:39:40)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6855|Reykjavík, Iceland.

xGj wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Well, XGj, I realise you've got enough people with problems, but when I use "low" settings, I get 10-15 FPS. Sure, it looks great, but it's too slow.
I think you should make a lowER spec config, just for me xD
I don't know if I have posted it yet in this thread but I have to manage an XConfig at over 3 different forums so here goes again:
I bugged up the low config in this release somehow and 1.4 will have it fixed. A better performance with low settings, and an ultra low config. So I hope that answers your question.
PBAsydney: I assume you mean Crysis patch 1.2? You can install it safely yes, the configs itself are totally compatible with 1.2. To be totally sure you might want to restore the original Time of Day settings, then install patch 1.2, then inject XToD again. That's the safest way.
No I mean the newest 1.21 patch. The hotfix for CTD issues.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=22141
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Yea I saw it yesterday, didn't know about it before sorry! But it's compatible, just try my method as I described to be 100% safe.
alexb
<3
+590|5952|Kentucky, USA

1.2 of XConfig had clouds, and so did 1.3 until the fix 2 I believe.
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Erm, it has clouds? What level of config are you talking about.
alexb
<3
+590|5952|Kentucky, USA

Low. Sorry for late reply.
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
It hasn't got a dynamic sky like the higher levels.. But yea I'll look into if it takes away a lot of performance. Just to let you know: on stock low there's no dynamic sky either.
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
A little update on 1.4 after 2 months of quietness here:

Click images for full size!
https://i27.tinypic.com/2py23a9.jpg

https://i32.tinypic.com/64kx2g.jpg

https://i29.tinypic.com/2w2n6vm.jpg
Scaled down from 2000x1500 resolution

Enjoy. I try to work on it but I have much things going on. I will eventually release more versions though.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

Looks sweet, trying it out right now.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

Maybe I did something wrong... but this didn't help frame rates at all, it actually made them worse. Not to mention everything was glowing orange from a sunset making hard to snipe enemies at longer distances. I'll post screens in a bit.

edit:

Without XConfig
https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/Omni_Death/ScreenShot0015.jpg

With XConfig
https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/Omni_Death/ScreenShot0008.jpg

Last edited by OmniDeath (2008-06-11 19:05:21)

xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Right, I think you have picked the wrong level of config for your system. Would you mind telling me what configuration you have and what XConfig level you picked? Also, the custom HDR settings in 1.3 are overdone and no-one likes them apparently, so they will be tweaked in 1.4.. Anyway if you could give me more information I'd be able to help you (also delete everything in the HDR section in the autoexec.cfg to remove my custom HDR)
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

Specs:
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 4BG
Video: GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB

I picked High.
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Right, open up the autoexec.cfg that has been placed in your Crysis\Game\Config directory.
Find and replace the line r_HDRBrightOffset = 15 to r_HDRBrightOffset = 40. the HDR should be fixed, it's something I (along with more HDR and SSAO fixes) did for version 1.4.. The overglowing effect is gone.
If it's at default not at 15 (can't remember for every config level) just change it to 40 anyway.

It is also a strange thing that your framerates don't improve, although I think you can run very or ultra high from that card.. I do it with a single 8800GTX.

Last edited by xGj (2008-07-01 05:37:21)

Commie Killer
+192|6399

xGj wrote:

Right, open up the autoexec.cfg that has been placed in your Crysis\Game\Config directory.
Find and replace the line r_HDRBrightOffset = 15 to r_HDRBrightOffset = 40. the HDR should be fixed, it's something I (along with more HDR and SSAO fixes) did for version 1.4.. The overglowing effect is gone.
If it's at default not at 15 (can't remember for every config level) just change it to 40 anyway.

It is also a strange thing that your framerates don't improve, although I think you can run very or ultra high from that card.. I do it with a single 8800GTX.
I had trouble running High at times from that exact same PC...
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

So what happened to 1.4?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6165|what

XGj hasn't posted in two months
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Hm well.. I've returned a little. Let me dig up what I wrote on the other fan forums:

Important Update On the Plans of XConfig for the future!!
Written as of the 20th of August, 2008. The development of version 1.4 of my 'mod' as you may call it at this time has been evolving from time to time. I do not have that much time to work on the mod anymore yet don't worry as I'm not dropping support completely.
I am at this point, awaiting Crysis Warhead and seeing if there is anything I can port over from the mod, or work on a new version. Either way, I want to see what backwards/cross compatibility Crytek is going to offer us between Warhead and the original Crysis.
When I am aware of what they're going to do my initial plan is to create a large package version. With configs for the original Crysis, and possibly for Warhead, and ofcourse customized Time of Day sets. Including much more I have planned on I hope to shed some more light on when the time has come.
Sorry if this unfortunate news for any of you, but I think it's the best for all of us. When I am fully aware of the future (e.g. Warhead being released and I have played it and inspected it) I can decide on what to do next. It's not that much of a good idea to release a package now which no-one will play for long since Warhead is out in 20 days (Europe atleast).

I hope you understand!

xGj
Sorry for it being that way but I'm sure if it's still needed after Warhead I'll make a killer combo package. After all Warhead ETA is only 13-14 days from now (depends on the country)..
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

xGj wrote:

That line isn't even there... there is an HDRLevel and that is set to .75
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Well then all I can advise you in the meantime is to drop XConfig till I release the Warhead package. Already ported most things over to Warhead and it works pretty smoothly.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6656

xGj wrote:

Well then all I can advise you in the meantime is to drop XConfig till I release the Warhead package. Already ported most things over to Warhead and it works pretty smoothly.
When will this be finished?
xGj
+84|6384|Netherlands tbh
Currently testing and improving the config. Also, Crysis: Wars will have seperate config files. Gotta redo the lower levels completely though, so can take some time. In the meanwhile I wait for the new editor to arrive so I can make time of day tweaks.
The next pacakage will probably be for Crysis: Warhead and Wars. It will still work under the original Crysis though.
PPSKevin
+2|5566|Mukilteo,Washington, USA
i really want to play it at 1680X1050 but my Pentium 4 is bottle necking my 8800GTS 320MB

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard