Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

@taiwan

I caught a grand total of 2.5 episodes for this season. Like I said before, the show is pretty damn terrible.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Ever since I first started to watch this show I began to carry a strong resentment towards [the character]Dexter and the ways he would justify his acts.

The one thing that has disturbed me even more is the atmosphere and general consensus by many of the fans which is very creepy.  The millions who watch this show and look up to him as a vigilante, with wholehearted and noble intentions, on the side of the common person. All while believing they too can relate well with Dexter and maybe even share a few moments if they met the guy in person. When in fact they probably share nothing in common and are just as likely to end up on the his table.

That being said, I wouldn't spend one minute in a room with this guy. The only reason he murders people who circumvented the system is because it makes him feel as if he does no wrong since it doesn't break harry's code. A code which he has broken. Not to imply that it holds any legitimacy. It was just a way to separate himself from his victims and make him feel like he doesn't share any attributes with them. Which he does if you look at the number of innocent people who were ruined/killed, in a similar fashion that Dexter himself was, either directly/indirectly throughout the series.

tl;dr version: Dexter is mental and in no way is he the "good guy."
The character has evolved over the seasons to meet this hero figure his fans have made him. I remember in the earlier seasons he was much more detached and was doing things for strictly cover. Giving him the kid was the final step into herohood they took the character into. His fans also have chosen to ignore the few times he killed innocent people for no reason. In one episode he kills a man in a bathroom because he told him to go fuck himself and he was having a bad day.

A lot of people look up to the character since they have the same untapped blood lust. This is why I think the majority of the show's fans are Americans. After the closing of the west the cowboy vigilante who shot the villain instead of arresting him was no longer relevant or identifiable. In a much more cynical world a John Wayne type hero is too cliche. But yeah bloodlust. Most people want to do to things he does to "bad people" but are too afraid to and get off on this instead.
untapped bloodlust?
are you reading up on dexterfanclub.net? lol
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

<3

https://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/3A/4B51C91FA1EA58C9D9D6142C2A7A1.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
She's in this show?

*checks and notices she's done nude sex scenes in this* 

Apparently is, she sure is a hot Polish chick.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

i'd hit it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard