Mr_biggieballs
+4|6116|NH,USA
Well, I was thinking today about the whole evolution thing and this popped into my head. It seems unrealistic, but hey, I was bored.

If the first two people on earth were male and female and reproduced and then etc. all the way to the current generation, wouldn't we all be somehow related?

Now, I have no idea what/who the first people were on earth, but thought we could do some "debate and serious talk" with this subject
Black Vaine
+43|6630|K-Town, Sweden
Hi brother
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6530
cue south park evolution vid
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6487|Sheffield-England

Black Vaine wrote:

Hi brother
Hey bro
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon

Mr_biggieballs wrote:

Well, I was thinking today about the whole evolution thing and this popped into my head. It seems unrealistic, but hey, I was bored.

If the first two people on earth were male and female and reproduced and then etc. all the way to the current generation, wouldn't we all be somehow related?

Now, I have no idea what/who the first people were on earth, but thought we could do some "debate and serious talk" with this subject
there were no "first two" humans...
unless you're talking about creationism.
topal63
. . .
+533|6726
Yes, we are all related.

1.) Adam & Eve, if you believe this = we're all related.
2.) Evolution = tis a fact = all life has a common ancestry = separated by environmental pressure to differentiate yet = we're all related.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6344|Oregon

topal63 wrote:

Yes, we are all related.

2.) Evolution = tis a fact = all life has a common ancestry = separated by environmental pressure to differentiate yet = we're all related.
somewhere you have to draw a line. Just because we are all descendant from a few cellular organisms, I don't consider that "relation."

So really the debate is a matter of where one draws the line.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6645|USA
it is everyone shares a likings probably because of that...u might have a friend because where they came from down the tree is probably closer to where u were born (thats just a theory i thought of)
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

It depends on what you mean by related.  Yes we are all related in that we are all humans.  Are we related like family, then no.
topal63
. . .
+533|6726

djphetal wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Yes, we are all related.

somewhere you have to draw a line. Just because we are all descendant from a few cellular organisms, I don't consider that "relation."

So really the debate is a matter of where one draws the line.
If your perspective was mindless, like nature is, like the engine of change that evolution is, from the perspective of the gene there is no line.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6786|Long Island
straight from the facebook group.  I think it's an interesting concept if you ask me.

Six Degrees of Separation

You are invited to take part in the most ambitious facebook experiment ever...

Using the Six Degrees of Separation theory, I want to see if it's possible to contact every single person on facebook. The theory states that everybody on this planet is separated by only six other people. (it could be argued that we're all only six degrees from the awesome talent that is Morgan Freeman).

Last edited by Slickdawg8 (2008-01-31 14:02:05)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
What I don't get about Adam and Eve.

Ok, so they're the first people according to Sand Religions.

So they only had two sons. Cain and Able.

THEN WHAT?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland
Yall my brothas!!!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6759|the middle of nowhere

Mek-Izzle wrote:

THEN WHAT?
They had Seth too, at least, I can't remember who else they had if any. Their sons had wives but I don't know from where.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Am I the only one who laughed when he said evolution was unrealistic?

We are all ancestors to some degree. Fortunately we have evolved enough down the line and have spread far enough that when we do reproduce, our genes are different enough so as to not have retarded offspring.
Dragonclaw
+186|6313|Florida

Mek-Izzle wrote:

THEN WHAT?
It never says they only had 2 sons. They had many children, the only notable ones were Cain and Able.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6765|Argentina
We all are related?  I married a relative?
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6323|Canada BC
Yes we are related but family blood only goes to about 3rd cousin or so. So relation today as we know it goes to about 3rd cousin at most so yes it is possible to get married to a 3rd cousin and not have kids with 6 fingers/hand and 4 toes/foot.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6717|England. Stoke
There is a widely credited theory that all modern people are directly descended from 6 women...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England

Dragonclaw wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

THEN WHAT?
It never says they only had 2 sons. They had many children, the only notable ones were Cain and Able.
Ok but who did they marry and where did they come from
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6558|CH/BR - in UK

sergeriver wrote:

We all are related?  I married a relative?
Yeah - and "became a man" with a relative. And had your first kiss with a relative. And your parents are relatives too...
It all depends on perspective, and what you would call "related".

-konfusion
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6728|Scotland
In the last ice age... the world population was about 1,000

yeah you read that right.

Creationism or Darwinism, the facts are there. We're all related.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK

topal63 wrote:

Yes, we are all related.

Or Noah's Ark, if you believe that.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6501|Connecticut
I am NOT related to Al Sharpton

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2008-01-31 15:54:07)

Malloy must go
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
We are all the inbred children of Adam and Eve.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard