lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
http://www.islam-watch.org/articles.htm

I post this for easy access to different articles from different authors concerning Islam. I did not, obviously, read all the articles but I find the ones I did read very informative. These are articles written by people who was a part of this culture and religion. So, who better to ask??

This site covers a wide range of articles concerning Islam. I will be adding it to my favorites.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
I read some of the articles. Interesting, but biased.

It certainly doesn't tell me what the basics of islam are, I found this:

http://www.islam.com/introislam.htm

That, too, is obviously biased, but as long as you take that into account, both sites could be useful.

EDIT: Actually a bit of good information on there, if you get past the obvious perspective issue and the lavish religious rhetoric that litters the site.

Last edited by Spark (2008-01-30 22:44:47)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
What do we have, step by step beheading guide?

I'll check it out and get back to you.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

ATG wrote:

What do we have, step by step beheading guide?

I'll check it out and get back to you.
Meh. Beheading is so 90's.

I say bring back stoning!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

Of course it's biased Spark. Ask a Catholic priest about the Bible and he'll tell you it's true!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spark
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Of course it's biased Spark. Ask a Catholic priest about the Bible and he'll tell you it's true!
But you always have to take it into account when you read it. Otherwise you could give the conclusions and interpretations more/less credibility than they actually deserve.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

this culture
Islam is not a culture.
~ Richard Feynman
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

this culture
Islam is not a culture.
QFT. It's a demographic.

edit:
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6291|Pennsyltucky

I didn't clicky

/start derail

Does anyone else find the muslim dating site ad just a little creepy?

It comes up whenever we have threads like this.

Just something about it makes me ascared. 

The guy looks like he's just planted a bomb and waiting for it to go off & the chick has a weird look in her eye.

Sorry

/end derail
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

islam-watch.org ? Wow, that sounds perfectly objective and unbiased already, doesn't it ?

I'll have a look.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
Eurabia?   interesting...
"It is a fact that 90% of the armed conflicts and terror attacks in the world are claimed in the name of islam."
http://www.islam-watch.org/Europe/SWITZ … n-2007.htm

"The term is generally used in combination with dhimmitude, another term introduced by Ye'or, denoting an alleged attitude of concession, surrender and appeasement towards Islamic demands."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurabia

interesting site... going to read more

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-01-31 02:02:11)

Love is the answer
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina
And the award for most unbiased link goes to Lowing for his thread 1,035,678th against Islam.  Any resemblance with prejudice is just coincidence.
PureFodder
+225|6294

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Eurabia?   interesting...
"It is a fact that 90% of the armed conflicts and terror attacks in the world are claimed in the name of islam."
http://www.islam-watch.org/Europe/SWITZ … n-2007.htm

"The term is generally used in combination with dhimmitude, another term introduced by Ye'or, denoting an alleged attitude of concession, surrender and appeasement towards Islamic demands."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurabia

interesting site... going to read more
the comical shrieking about “Eurabia” and such is but thinly veiled Islam-bashing by primitives in the U.S. know-nothing media.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

sergeriver wrote:

And the award for most unbiased link goes to Lowing for his thread 1,035,678th against Islam.  Any resemblance with prejudice is just coincidence.
Come now, you've made plenty of threads pointing out Israel's faults. Not being mean or anything here like but you know .
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6188
I dont need to read those links....I am married to one...all I have to do is look to my left or right and ask any question I wish directly.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Not sure what ya mean Serge, the articles in this site are all written by ex-Muslims. I would say this lends fairness and credibility to the site.

I can't help it of you think that the only fair unbiased sites are the ones that you agree with, it just don't work like that.

These authors, wheather you like it or not, are more qualified to answer our questions about Islam than anyone one of us. So pull up a chair, lets hear what they gotta say, shall we?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

B.Schuss wrote:

islam-watch.org ? Wow, that sounds perfectly objective and unbiased already, doesn't it ?

I'll have a look.
just take a read, that is all I ask
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

M.O.A.B wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Come now, you've made plenty of threads pointing out Israel's faults. Not being mean or anything here like but you know .
Yes, a lot of threads about Israel, the government, the IDF, the country, not the people, not the Israelis, not Judaism.  See the difference?  I don't generalize about Israelis.  I criticize a government.  This thread is about ALL Muslims being the problem.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Not sure what ya mean Serge, the articles in this site are all written by ex-Muslims. I would say this lends fairness and credibility to the site.

I can't help it of you think that the only fair unbiased sites are the ones that you agree with, it just don't work like that.

These authors, wheather you like it or not, are more qualified to answer our questions about Islam than anyone one of us. So pull up a chair, lets hear what they gotta say, shall we?
This is not unbiased, even if they are ex-Muslims.  What is worrying is this obsession you have.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6337

T.Pike wrote:

I didn't clicky

/start derail

Does anyone else find the muslim dating site ad just a little creepy?

It comes up whenever we have threads like this.

Just something about it makes me ascared. 

The guy looks like he's just planted a bomb and waiting for it to go off & the chick has a weird look in her eye.

Sorry

/end derail
Post it for those of us who use ad-block
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

sergeriver wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Yes, a lot of threads about Israel, the government, the IDF, the country, not the people, not the Israelis, not Judaism.  See the difference?  I don't generalize about Israelis.  I criticize a government.  This thread is about ALL Muslims being the problem.
Well that's because Islamic terrorism isn't particulary loyal to a single country, the ones taking part in the Islamic terrorism are Muslims.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

M.O.A.B wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Well that's because Islamic terrorism isn't particulary loyal to a single country, the ones taking part in the Islamic terrorism are Muslims.
Yes, but some people make look all Muslims like extremists.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

This is not unbiased, even if they are ex-Muslims.  What is worrying is this obsession you have.
I am not obsessed about Islam, I am obsessed about proving you wrong,  and since you refuse to believe me........you can believe them
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6766|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am not obsessed about Islam, I am obsessed about proving you wrong,  and since you refuse to believe me........you can believe them
Wrong about what, about not generalizing like you?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Wrong about what, about not generalizing like you?
Serge, of course I am genreralizing, it is kinda hard not too, since I personally do not know 67 billion Muslims. I have been specific about my opinions.

1. Radical Islam is a danger to western civilization

2. Islam is a violent, intolerable religion.

3. Islam goes against the morals, values, and freedoms western society holds dear.

On all counts I do not have to dig very far to validate my opnions.

Never not once have a said anything about specific ordinary citizens. You use the "generalizing" defense in lieu of an ACTUAL defense. It is all you have.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard