Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6611|Your moms bedroom
yes it has been posted, but all the topics have been closed

the mythbusters episode is on right now
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6615|Camoran's Paradise
Dang.  Beat me to it by 5 min.  Looking forward to the results.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Snakes on a plane?
Locoloki
heh, but we already tested it......lol
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

huh? what's this all about??
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
I hate mythbusters.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I hate mythbusters.
Locoloki
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6382|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
The nightmares of planes and treadmills have returned once more to wreak havoc on the BF2s community.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
It takes off right?

chuyskywalker wrote:

NO THE PLANE WILL NEVER TAKE OFF.

That IS the answer. If you think it isn't, please go take a physics class and present your findings in an oral report so everyone can laugh at you and your messy hair.

I'm closing this -- I think 6 pages is enough. Sheesh.
Sigh, closes the thread, makes an ultimatum as though he's god and gets it wrong.... what a douche.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-01-30 18:19:13)

Locoloki
check out viper313's old video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en

i guess adam didnt google "plane on a treadmill"

Last edited by Locoloki (2008-01-30 18:14:49)

commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6383|Michigan, USA

To Locoloki: thanks for the link.  Not as interesting as it sounds, but unique proposition nonetheless.  Obviously, it doesn't work, as the wings need air moving over them - treadmill just moves the wheels.
Locoloki

commandochristian wrote:

To Locoloki: thanks for the link.  Not as interesting as it sounds, but unique proposition nonetheless.  Obviously, it doesn't work, as the wings need air moving over them - treadmill just moves the wheels.
watch mythbusters

the plane takes off, but the wheels turn twice as fast (is my end of show prediction)

Last edited by Locoloki (2008-01-30 18:19:11)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

DrunkFace wrote:

It takes off right?

chuyskywalker wrote:

That IS the answer. If you think it isn't, please go take a physics class and present your findings in an oral report so everyone can laugh at you and your messy hair.

Sigh, closes the thread, makes an ultimatum as though he's god and gets it wrong.... what a douche.
Just a suggestion, I'd watch out who you start calling names on here...
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Locoloki wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

watch mythbusters

the plane takes off, but the wheels turn twice as fast (is my end of show prediction)
You're completely wrong.  Planes fly because their wings generate lift.  Simple as that.

Plane on a treadmill = FAIL.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Locoloki
it still needs the same distance for a normal take off to take off obviously, its not going to just lift off
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
this is why mythbusters sucks. they dont bust shit.
Locoloki
success bitches
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Locoloki wrote:

success bitches
Did they use a life sized plane?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Locoloki wrote:

success bitches
on that show alone.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5932|Washington DC
lez do it for real. USMarine can provide the plane, now we just need someone in the conveyor belt industry.
Locoloki
they are going to do a lifesize plane next, Adam just explained why most people get confused
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Locoloki wrote:

success bitches
????? Wait till they use the real plane. ffs
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

haffeysucks wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

watch mythbusters

You're completely wrong.  Planes fly because their wings generate lift.  Simple as that.

And they create thrust (forward movement) from the engines, not the wheels. The plane will therefore move forward in relation to the air create lift and take off.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

It takes off right?

chuyskywalker wrote:

Just a suggestion, I'd watch out who you start calling names on here...
Yeah maybe... but the term still applies.
douche, is considered to be a pejorative term in Australia, the United States, Canada and New Zealand. The slang usage of the term dates back to the 1960s.[6] The metaphor of identifying a person as a douche is intended to associate a variety of negative qualities, specifically arrogance and malice
Brasso
+1,549|6601

DrunkFace wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

watch mythbusters

And they create thrust (forward movement) from the engines, not the wheels. The plane will therefore move forward in relation to the air create lift and take off.
The plane isn't moving in relation to the air.  The wheels are spinning.  Cool.  Are the engines on?  No, because the plane has to stay on the treadmill.

Think about it, if you're running on a treadmill, do you feel air blowing past your face?  No, because you are not moving in relation to the air.

You know what, let's just put this a simpler way.  I'm right, you're wrong.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard