Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6455
So I was looking around on wikipedia for more information on DICE's new upcoming engine Frostbite when I decided to have a little look at the company history. Apart from laughing at the fact that they made Barbie Groovy Games and Secret Agent Barbie: Royal Jewels Mission I had a look at their acquisition by EA. Now patch 1.41 was released on the 16th November 2006 but the readme said the 2nd October 2006, the date DICE became an EA studio. Incidentally, DICE Canada didn't close down office until the 5th October 2006. So what's going on? Why the month delay? Quality control for one fix from a company that's been told to get on their bike? Who finished the job? I remember at the time when it was being hyped EA were very hush-hush about the details of patch 1.41 and by reading between the lines now, I can see why.

Oh and yeah, I have too much time on my hands.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6365|Twyford, UK
If you hadn't noticed, NOBODY finished it. It's still malfunctioning.
Drexel
+43|6496|Philadelphia
The delay was (if my memory serves me) because the 1.41 incremental patch was totally screwed up.  "They" "worked" on it for a month before deciding that it will never work and forced us to all download the full 1.41 patch.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6455
I guess that's believable. They always did tend to procrastinate with their patches. The delay between 1.3 and 1.4 proved that.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6372|uk

Drexel wrote:

The delay was (if my memory serves me) because the 1.41 incremental patch was totally screwed up.  "They" "worked" on it for a month before deciding that it will never work and forced us to all download the full 1.41 patch.
I'm not sure if that was the exact cause of the 1 month delay, but there were extensive problems with the incredemental patch, which certainly delayed the patch for an amount of time.

All the incredemental patches were full of fail anyway, and rarely worked correctly, and were responsible for many BF2 errors, through not updating, skipping, and corrupting files.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard