Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6844
In your opinion what country is the pinacle of Greatness, a Role model for Civalizations,
Has helped others with purely allturisic intensions ?

While we are at it ( winces ) wich is the worst?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6762|The Netherlands
NO country. there is no counrty who does everything good. always man wants to have use of it. no matter if it is earning respect or cash.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6760

Horseman 77 wrote:

In your opinion what country is the pinacle of Greatness, a Role model for Civalizations,
Has helped others with purely allturisic intensions ?

While we are at it ( winces ) wich is the worst?
Worst? China or Russia.

Best? USA is probably the closest, nobody does things out of pure alturism, nobody can, humans are naturally selfish. We do try though, many things today would not be possible if it wasn't for the USA though, and that to me means we are doing a great job so far. We have problems, every country does, its how we overcome and conquer those problems thats the key.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6762|The Netherlands
but everything has a bad side.
a country with a river. there is no bridge over the river instead a ferry places people over the river.
now a wealthy man wants to do something good so he builds a bridge.
that seems good since the people can now get over the river faster. but on the other side that man from the ferry lost his job.
so what is good for the one is bad for the other. it is allways that way
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6848|Cologne, Germany

fdcp_elmo wrote:

NO country. there is no counrty who does everything good. always man wants to have use of it. no matter if it is earning respect or cash.
yep. In history, most empires were considered of having great influence on the ways people think and how cultures developed, on values essentially. But all those empires ( ancient greek, egypt, persia, rome ) fell eventually, and they also had incredible downsides, in most cases war.

these days, it is the superpowers that have great influence on the world we live in, in all areas of life, economy, politics, culture, values, sports, food, you name it.

I would say that America is perceived to be a role model for a lot of those things today, and it is an image that they happily carry, I guess.

Patriotism is a good thing, and it can make a country stronger. But it can also easily be perceived as arrogance, as a kind of "we are better than everybody else" feeling, and that is bound to make people angry.

cultures change, values change, borders change, nations change, governments change. there never has been and most likely will never be a country that is so entirely good in every imaginable aspect of life that it could rightfully be called a role model for other nations. there are downsides to everything.

it is a good thing to aspire greatness, to strife for perfection. But countries are made up of people, and people are imperfect (sp?). That is my personal lesson from history.

So IMHO, the answer to your question is, there is none.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6700
well said B.Schuss.
I believe that this question cannot and never will be answered. Human kind has developed at different paces around the world. This has been true since our ancestors first left Africa. One cannot judge a country by its political or scientific power. Say one compared USA to The Netherlands. Both countries are fairly modern. However The Netherlands are far more libral. Yet both countries are thriving and wonderful places to live. NOW compare USA to a tribe somewhere in Nepal. Both nations may be based on the same values, they are just influenced in different ways. The only "bad" countries are ones ruled by a tyrant who causes his/her people pain and suffering.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-01-01 10:40:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard