• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • quick look please (Evaluate if my build-it-myself computer will work)
Icetoocool
+2|6204|Devon England

CrazeD wrote:

Lai wrote:

Point&Shoot wrote:

AMD CPU is less expensive and less heat, and Intel sux in principle.
True, but the only AMD CPU that matches a Intel Quad at a reasonable price is a Phenom and currently they have some serious issues. So he should either get the Intel CPU anyway or wait for the Phenom xx50 line.

If you wait for a Phenom xx50 you'll have something better and cheaper than Intel
The Phenom gets pwned by Intel duallies, not to mention the spanking it gets from the quads. Sure AMD might be coming out with better revised versions, but remember that Intel is also coming out with Nalahem and Penryn, which will be native quads and have onboard memory controllers. AMD loses any and all advantage at this point.

Icetoocool: The decision is yours dude. It ultimately depends if you want to overclock a lot. Either board will overclock very well, but the Intel chipsets overclock better and stay cooler than the nVidia ones. You can't go wrong with either board, so if you think you might want SLi go ahead and grab the 680i or 780i.
Cheers Crazed i guess u will have to make that decision, can u tell me more about these Nalahem and Penryn?
CrazeD
+368|6730|Maine
Whoops it's actually Nehalem, my bad...

They're the new Intel 45nm chips. Here is a bit of info on Penryn, http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/ … r_cooling/

As for Nehalem, those are the new 45nm Quad cores which are expected out in Q3/Q4 I believe. I don't have much info on these chips but I know they'll spank AMD.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • quick look please (Evaluate if my build-it-myself computer will work)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard