Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6051|...

TheDarkRaven wrote:

dayarath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Does the italicising not make it obvious? - I was being sarcastic showing the idiotic nature of the original statement. Bloody hell - where's intelligence and common sense gone?
Sarcasm on the internets is so extremely obvious, I'm apparantely stupid if I don't see it first hand.

So when did italic typing become the trademark of internets sarcasm, or did I miss out on something
Well, since it's so different and the statement so obnoxious... I suppose that's a bit of a give-away. But I suppose English may not be your first language, so that's okay.
Dude, I wasn't the one going all paranoid over some pentagram. Hence, it wasn't obvious. And get off your high horse.
inane little opines
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6761|Germany
Erm, lets get a bit back on track, guys. I thought we were dicussing satanism here and the church of satan in particular ? You guys let that drift too much into a general fight about beliefs, rather than staying on facts.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6828

Stingray24 wrote:

Giving one's allegiance to the prince of darkness is not something to take lightly.
On the internet it is
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6823|PNW

What is this, some kind of underdog complex? Worshiping Satan is like worshiping a boisterous midget who just got his guts stomped out by the Jolly Green Giant and is now sulking in the hallway.
CrazeD
+368|6724|Maine

Qrite wrote:

Drakef wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

I do have proof, you just don't believe it.
What a coincidence! So do I! You just don't believe it.
everything you are saying can be turned on you CrazeD. you have no more proof there is a god than the other people that there is no god.
And the same can be said for any religious argument. So in that logic, why debate it at all?

No, there is no concrete scientific proof that God does or does not exist. For if it were that easy, people wouldn't go to Him because they loved him, they would go to Him because.. that's just how it was...

Going on the fact that there is no scientific proof that God exists, there is ALSO no scientific proof that God does not exist, or that evolution is real.... yet people argue constantly that evolution is real, but don't get looked down upon for lack of proof.

I only ever see Christians get ripped apart for lack of proof, yet when other religions fail to provide evidence, nobody cares.

Oh and by the way, the Bible is (one of) the most accurate historical document ever discovered. It is not a fantasy story book. Every prophecy in the Bible has either happened, is happening, or will happen. Just look at current world events and do the math.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-01-28 13:37:03)

CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6559
lol it is hard to have conversations with hardcore religious people, because they will never accept your answers.  I accept the people that believe in *insert religion* but i could never go for something like that.  I was raised catholic and spent the first 10 years of my life going to church, getting the holy communion, and i was even confirmed.  But there is too much bullshit and not enough facts.  When I die, i plan on going into a dark space where i do not think, see, feel, hear, or smell anything.  Now stop whining about how your religion is right and someone else's is wrong and talk about Satan and the church of Satan like the op requested
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6559

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

Drakef wrote:

everything you are saying can be turned on you CrazeD. you have no more proof there is a god than the other people that there is no god.
And the same can be said for any religious argument. So in that logic, why debate it at all?

No, there is no concrete scientific proof that God does or does not exist. For if it were that easy, people wouldn't go to Him because they loved him, they would go to Him because.. that's just how it was...

Going on the fact that there is no scientific proof that God exists, there is ALSO no scientific proof that God does not exist, or that evolution is real.... yet people argue constantly that evolution is real, but don't get looked down upon for lack of proof.

I only ever see Christians get ripped apart for lack of proof, yet when other religions fail to provide evidence, nobody cares.

Oh and by the way, the Bible is (one of) the most accurate historical document ever discovered. It is not a fantasy story book. Every prophecy in the Bible has either happened, is happening, or will happen. Just look at current world events and do the math.
lol go watch the zeitgeist. a lot of the Biblical stories were taken from the Egyptian bible.   And the bible is controversial too.  like how moses gets the ten commandments, but is later seen killing an egyptian and using God's powers to bury him in the sand.  and back in the day when priests killed 'witches' (LOL) in the name of God.  crazy fuckers...
mikkel
+383|6653
Satan seems like a great chap. He lets me live my life to its fullest, and all he asks in return is eternal damnation with a lot of likeminded people.
CrazeD
+368|6724|Maine

Canadianloser wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

lol go watch the zeitgeist. a lot of the Biblical stories were taken from the Egyptian bible.   And the bible is controversial too.  like how moses gets the ten commandments, but is later seen killing an egyptian and using God's powers to bury him in the sand.  and back in the day when priests killed 'witches' (LOL) in the name of God.  crazy fuckers...
Most of the stuff in that movie is not even accurate. Like, the fact that Jesus was not born on December 25, like they claim.
HellHead
+336|6761|Germany

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

Drakef wrote:

I.. am... astonished. To say the least.

I don´t know, if I got that right : You are questioning evolution ? Or is it just in general ?

Oh, and tell me about the prophecies, please. I really want to know exactly which prophecy happened, just happened or is about to.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6051|...

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

Drakef wrote:

For the record, many parts of evolution can be proven scientifically. Thought I'd point that out, The bible is partly story, history and untraceable or trackable stuff.
inane little opines
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6559

HellHead wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

I don´t know, if I got that right : You are questioning evolution ? Or is it just in general ?

Oh, and tell me about the prophecies, please. I really want to know exactly which prophecy happened, just happened or is about to.
Hellhead, we should just stop.  i've argued with lots of people over this (I go to a catholic highschool) and it always seems like what i say goes in their head, and quickly replaced with what they think.  I guess he thinks carbon 14 dating is not enough proof, and the dinosaur bones were here to test our faith. oh lawd...
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6508|The edge of sanity

siciliano732 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

...and if accepting Christ doesnt give you peace, accept him again and seek him...thats the only way to fill that void your searching for.
Can't Satan fill this "void" equally well? I have no problem with Satan- Like the Maori, I loved the Satan character in Paradise Lost.

And yes, Miroslav Satan looks like his namesake.
not sure if this is sarcasm or what but...if you are serious, no he cannot, no one can but Christ.
I smell bigotry. i will stick to being atheist thank you. Most All religions seem about as likley as the toothy fair comming into your house with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to gang rape you.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6895|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Satan, my master
I slit my wrists to drain me of my blood
Satan, my master
Upside down I turn the cross of God
Satan, my master
Recieve this sacrifice this blood of mine
Satan, my master
I carve into my rotten flesh your signs
Satan, my master
Remember me when judgement day is near
Satan, my master
Take my hand when Armageddon's here
Dimmu Borgir - Satan My Master
Sums it up, except for the cutting wrists part, it's pretty emo IMO.

Last edited by PBAsydney (2008-01-28 13:51:08)

CanadianLoser
+1,148|6559

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

Drakef wrote:

Can't Satan fill this "void" equally well? I have no problem with Satan- Like the Maori, I loved the Satan character in Paradise Lost.

And yes, Miroslav Satan looks like his namesake.
not sure if this is sarcasm or what but...if you are serious, no he cannot, no one can but Christ.
I smell bigotry. i will stick to being atheist thank you. Most All religions seem about as likley as the toothy fair comming into your house with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to gang rape you.
THAR IS NO PROOF THAT IT WON'T HAPPEN SO IT MUST ME TRU!! ITS CALLED FAITH

lol
HellHead
+336|6761|Germany

PBAsydney wrote:

Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Please, don´t bring that Black Metal aspect in here. It´s hard enough all ready.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6508|The edge of sanity

Canadianloser wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

I smell bigotry. i will stick to being atheist thank you. Most All religions seem about as likely as the toothy fair coming into your house with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny to gang rape you.
THAR IS NO PROOF THAT IT WON'T HAPPEN SO IT MUST ME TRU!! ITS CALLED FAITH

lol
While you were being sarcastic, I will take this ground to respond before some post something along these lines while being serious. Faith is just that, faith. Nothing more. It's neither scientific nor logical. It is a persons confidence in their belief. While some people may have confidence in their beliefs it is not right for them to simply swoop in and bring about the total annihilation of another faith in order to make themselves more confident in their beliefs from the fact that others agree with their faith.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6895|Reykjavík, Iceland.

HellHead wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Satan, my master
Please, don´t bring that Black Metal aspect in here. It´s hard enough all ready.
Black Metal > All other
CrazeD
+368|6724|Maine

HellHead wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Qrite wrote:

Evolution is only a "theory". It was "scientifically proven", it would be a law, not a theory.

And by the way, carbon dating is insanely inconsistent. Not to mention the fact that there is no way the Earth is <insert random number> point <insert random number> billion years old (notice how the number is never the same eh?). If you do some research, you'll learn why this is impossible.

By the way, for your prophecies, check out this site: http://100prophecies.org/page1.htm

And this:
Thus Says the Lord God: Surely I will take the children of Isreal from among the nations Wherever they have gone and will bring them into their own land Ezekiel 37:21
Now. your turn. Prove all of those prophecies wrong and I'll give you kudos.

Last edited by CrazeD (2008-01-28 14:04:23)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6051|...

CrazeD wrote:

HellHead wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Evolution is only a "theory". It was "scientifically proven", it would be a law, not a theory.

And by the way, carbon dating is insanely inconsistent. Not to mention the fact that there is no way the Earth is <insert random number> point <insert random number> billion years old (notice how the number is never the same eh?). If you do some research, you'll learn why this is impossible.

By the way, for your prophecies, check out this site: http://100prophecies.org/page1.htm

And this:
Thus Says the Lord God: Surely I will take the children of Isreal from among the nations Wherever they have gone and will bring them into their own land Ezekiel 37:21
Now. you're turn. Prove all of those prophecies wrong and I'll give you kudos.
It is possible to make live organic material by mixing Methane, some other stuff I don't remember and electrifying it. Parts of the evolution theory aren't complete yet, so it can't be called a law. but others are, for example; if you put two mice families of the same species into two insanely different areas, over time their appearance will change and they will adapt to their surroundings.
inane little opines
CrazeD
+368|6724|Maine

dayarath wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

HellHead wrote:

And this:
It is possible to make live organic material by mixing Methane, some other stuff I don't remember and electrifying it. Parts of the evolution theory aren't complete yet, so it can't be called a law. but others are, for example; if you put two mice families of the same species into two insanely different areas, over time their appearance will change and they will adapt to their surroundings.
Adapting and "evolving" are different, dude. If you put mice in a tank of water for long enough, are they gonna sprout flippers and swim away? No.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6051|...

CrazeD wrote:

dayarath wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

HellHead wrote:

And this:
Adapting and "evolving" are different, dude. If you put mice in a tank of water for long enough, are they gonna sprout flippers and swim away? No.
Adaptation is part of the evolution theory. Also, many land animals can be related to animals still residing in the seas. Lots has been experimented and by studying fossils incredible similarities can be pointed out. To me I'd say it would be pretty illogical to assume god put us all here in the shape we are now and we'll never change.
inane little opines
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6623|USA

gene_pool wrote:

I do not worship Satan for the same reason as I do not worship Yahweh: No proof he exists, therefore he doesn't.
its YHWH.
Havok
Nymphomaniac Treatment Specialist
+302|6726|Florida, United States

CrazeD wrote:

Most of the stuff in that movie is not even accurate. Like, the fact that Jesus was not born on December 25, like they claim.
Good God... (no pun intended).  I don't even know why I'm making this post because I know it's just going to go in one eye and out the other (that expression doesn't work so well with the internet). 

First, Jesus was not born on December 25th.  Why would a shepherd be out with his flock in the dead of a winter night?  I've heard it was more likely he was born around March, but I'm sure that's just speculation.  Want to know why December 25th was chosen?  It was the Roman holiday that we call the Winter Solstice.  It was a festival of drinking and sexual acts between all men and women (even same gender sexual relations).  To sum it up, it was a day of merriment and enjoyment, just like the modern Christmas.  When Constantine and his counsel compiled the New Testament, they chose dates that were already holidays on the Roman calandar to ease transition to a new faith.  Why go through all this trouble?  He wanted to unite his people in his crumbling empire.  And it worked; the Byzantine Empire lasted from 313 until the fall of Constantinople in 1465 (years might be wrong, they're off the top of my head).

Second, you mentioned evolution was fake.  Wrong.  Now, I'll agree that there is little proof of human evolution from monkeys and so on, but the concept of evolution can be easily seen in bacteria and other organisms that reproduce quickly.  Example: Penicillin.  It was the miracle drug of its time.  It could cure or ease the aliments of almost anything.  And as time went on, it became less effective.  Why?  Evolution and Darwinism.  The bacteria that were weak to Penicillin died off and the ones who were immune survived and reproduced.  As time progressed, the weak bacteria became extinct, and the immune bacteria continued prosper.  In essence, we humans are slowly creating super-bacteria with every medical advancement.  We better hurry up with advanced gene replacement understanding if we want to have a chance to survive before the ultimate bacteria is created.  If you think my understanding of bacterial evolution is false, I implore you to find a better explanation.

But I don't expect you to believe any of that.  Your faith is stronger than my understanding of history and biology.

Just for my records, are you a believer in creationism, CrazeD?  As in, "God put us here and we have been the same for the 6000 years we've been on Earth" not "God put us here and we evolved a little here and there".

Last edited by Havok (2008-01-28 14:13:57)

CrazeD
+368|6724|Maine
Here, take a look at these Youtube videos. It may be a lengthy watch but this guy covers a lot of things, and points out a lot of flaws with the Evolution theory.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGrvp-8oDok
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VySC0rJjCnM
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYKngn1Rng
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6p8DAnj5dQ
Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKa77qb45c4
Part 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taftv6yrd_Y

I'd be interested to know what your thoughts are after these videos. Even if you don't believe in Christianity, they're still interesting videos.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard