ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command
Kudos to Stallone for his excellent new movie. He has brought attention to one of the greater tragedies of modern times.

https://i28.tinypic.com/2gtw9k1.jpg

The Karen people are accurately portrayed in the movie as being slaughtered by the Burmese army. The footage from the first two minutes is of a real mass killing scene. Stallone contacted Soldier of Fortune magazine and asked them " where on the Earth today is the worst injustice, the worst slaughter. " Robert Brown, the editor told him about the Karen rebels.

Now, in my research for this thread I looked into why the U.S. has not got involved, and it led me back to the C.I.A. story involving drug smuggling.
Bo Gritz is a genuine American legend.  His words;

Bo Gritz wrote:

What I want to tell you very quickly is something that I feel is more heinous than the Bataan death march. Certainly it is of more concern to you as Americans than the Watergate.

What I'm talking about is something we found out in Burma (May 1987). We found it out from a man named Khun Sa. He is the recognized overlord of heroin in the world. Last year (1986) he sent 900 tons of opiates and heroin into the free world. This year it will be 1200 tons.

On video tape he said to us something that was most astounding: that US government officials have been and are now his biggest customers, and have been for the last twenty years.

We've been embracing organized crime. Now you've all looked and heard about Ollie North, about the Contras, about nobody knowing anything.

The general offered to stop the flow of opium and heroin into the free world. He was told by White House officials, "Bo, there's no one here that supports that."
Up until the Taliban lost control of Afghanistan, the majority of heroin coming into the United States was being cultivated in the same region that the Karen people are being butchered.

For those going to see the movie ( which is one of the goriest movies ever ), take a minute to reflect that what you are seeing is real, with the exception of anybody doing anything to stop it.

More info:

http://www.kwekalu.net/photojournal1/id … stroy.html
http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/12 … a14904.htm
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/opi007.htm

clip from movie ( not trailer )

behind the scenes:

https://i28.tinypic.com/ejhq4k.jpg

Last edited by ATG (2008-01-26 22:58:18)

Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6144|817---->907
I hope God turns away when it comes to how humans treat humans
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6706|Tampa Bay Florida
Actually I believe there was a sex scene in First Blood

It might've been a deleted scene though

Movie looks cool
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6599|Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

Actually I believe there was a sex scene in First Blood

It might've been a deleted scene though

Movie looks cool
Yeah, when he has that flashback of that bar.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

Good thing Stallone makes money helping others by making a movie, it's as hypocritical as Al Gore making money off global warming ...

So the Italian Stallion for the peace price next time ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6732
what's a peace price?
Love is the answer
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6344

ATG wrote:

That was a major claymore kill!!

I find the tragedy is no laughing matter of course. So the U.S is that drug lords #1 customer? This was in the 80's then?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
ATG
Banned

Varegg wrote:

Good thing Stallone makes money helping others by making a movie, it's as hypocritical as Al Gore making money off global warming ...

You're really reaching there bro.

Last edited by ATG (2008-01-27 07:57:12)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6541|South Florida
My step mom is named Karen...

I wonder if she has anything to do with this slaughtering..

im gunna confront her about this asap.
15 more years! 15 more years!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6239|Escea

Damn that was like the biggest claymore ever , love to go see this movie
Commie Killer
+192|6403
In case you guys havent noticed. He placed that claymore on a discarded aircraft bomb, looked like a 500 pounder.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

ATG wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Not really my friend - it is nothing new that celebrities makes money on other peoples misfortune, it's great that these situations gets attention but in the end nothing much is going to happen to change their situation
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ATG
Banned

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Not really my friend - it is nothing new that celebrities makes money on other peoples misfortune, it's great that these situations gets attention but in the end nothing much is going to happen to change their situation
More missionaries may go to help them. Donations for supplies and weapons may increase. Pressure on the Burma government to stop the slaughter may be increased.

While Al Gore is simply a buffoon and a public embarrassment who is making millions off lies.
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Awareness mate. Before this film I hadn't heard anything about this. I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one either.
Commie Killer
+192|6403

ATG wrote:

Varegg wrote:

ATG wrote:

More missionaries may go to help them. Donations for supplies and weapons may increase. Pressure on the Burma government to stop the slaughter may be increased.

While Al Gore is simply a buffoon and a public embarrassment who is making millions off lies.
Difference between Stallone and Gore is Stallone has some thing hanging between his legs and I aint saying this cause of his movies.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6239|Escea

Commie Killer wrote:

In case you guys havent noticed. He placed that claymore on a discarded aircraft bomb, looked like a 500 pounder.
I've discovered, its a Tallboy bomb 12,000lb
Commie Killer
+192|6403

M.O.A.B wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

I've discovered, its a Tallboy bomb 12,000lb
Shit you serious? Bomb casing didnt look like it could fit more then 500 MAYBE 1000 pounds, explosion was big enough for that or a MOAB though.
Varegg
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

Don't misunderstand me, it's great if this society gets more help - the sad thing is that making money was priority number one ...
ATG
Banned

Varegg wrote:

Don't misunderstand me, it's great if this society gets more help - the sad thing is that making money was priority number one ...
Are you saying that is unusual?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6663

Varegg wrote:

Umm... its his job.

Step 1. Make movies

Step 2.....

Step 3. Profit
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.

Varegg wrote:

Well he is an entertainer. If he wasn't, he'd make a documentary.

Entertains people and raises awareness at the same time, super.
ATG
Banned
He unloads on a hundred men with a .50 calibre machine gun.

Amazing. The climax battle is one of the most intense action sequences ever filmed. It's pure raw close combat.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina
Well, I'm glad we can finally conclusively prove that the War on Drugs is absolute bullshit.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6601|Seattle
lol, the table at the end of the OP is sweet. and i should mention that 3 kills per minute is pretty close to the maximum ive seen for BF2 accounts.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6648|949

Marinejuana wrote:

lol, the table at the end of the OP is sweet. and i should mention that 3 kills per minute is pretty close to the maximum ive seen for BF2 accounts.
I could get much more than three kills a minute if the other team was as shitty as the soldiers Rambo goes against.  He waves his gun in their general direction and they die, all the while simply walking in a straight line at them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard