• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Internet Problem: Reinstalled XP Connection speed = Horrible!
joker8baller
+68|6667
Just reinstalled XP.

Brand new system, fixed and checked registry errors via Uniblue RegistryBooster 2.

Problem: Internet downloads are completely horrible. Steam download is 2.8 kb/s, compared to before when I could get 800kb/s

My speed test is 320 kb/s vs. a previously 4400 kb/s.

Also strange, because I have the same ping when I go in games... Any suggestions?
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6133|Carnoustie, Scotland
Do a barrel roll?

Seriously, 4400 kb test speed? Bastard, I think I got 200. Be happy with what you got
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
Firewall?
aimless
+166|6125|Texas
AV Programs? Is XP completely updated?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
Windows Service Pack 2 greatly improves wireless Internet connectivity and performance.

Otherwise look on Google for some TCP/IP tweaks, or consider reinstalling the protocols altogether.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Firewalls, check them. Anti-virus programs, install them. SP2, install it. The protocols, reinstall them. And the rolls, barrel them.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
joker8baller
+68|6667
Running SP2. Everything is updated.

Turning off the Windows Firewall did nothing so I'm not sure what else I can do.

Only program for AV is Avast.. >>

Ty for info guys!

Last edited by joker8baller (2008-01-26 16:57:37)

• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Internet Problem: Reinstalled XP Connection speed = Horrible!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard