mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6700

I'm on "This Vortal Coil". Part where you jump down into the little air shaft and you've gotta collect whatever crap it is to heal someone.

Anyways, there's this part with a little "antlion grub" in front of a little hole, but every time I step on the antlion grub, the game freezes. I've tried walking around it, but eventually slid back down and landed on it.

Happened 3 times in a row before I gave up.

Any ideas on what to do?

[I'd also like to add that this game has pissed me off to no end and it's one of the most annoying games I've ever played. So why am I playing it? Well it does have an ok story and I just want to get through this shit, especially since I paid for it]
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6797|the middle of nowhere
I had the same problem here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=84099

I tried uninstall/reinstall/restart. None of those worked. I read in some forums (I searched on google) that on some parts when it freezes, you just walk past a part and look at the wall, and it doesn't freeze. That was probably on a different level though. My part was freezing at a different part than yours though. Later, I reinstalled the game and thought "what the heck might as well try it again" and it just happened to work that time through. I played on all the recommended settings and resolution and it worked fine. I beat the game and it was great. I'm not sure what you should do though, give it time I guess.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6436

I had something like that.  It was a driver problem.

I solved it by using the original manufacture driver.

Specs would help...

Last edited by some_random_panda (2008-01-25 16:35:34)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6700

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ATi Radeon HD 3850 512 MB
Running on XP x64.

I never had any crashes like this before (though there was a glitch in Ep1 or regular HL2 [forget which one] where I couldn't jump, but apparently that happened to everyone). I really don't want to reinstall the game and have to do everything again, but I will do that as a last resort.

I'll try updating the graphics drivers, but I'm able to play all my other games just fine.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6700

Well I updated the drivers and still had the same problem. It's only when I kill an antlion grub though, so I supposed I can try and avoid that, but that's near impossible. Maybe it has to do with the achievements? I haven't killed them all, but every time I load up the game, the counter resets (guess I have to get all 333 in one sitting eh?). I'll try playing an earlier level and kill them and see what happens.

*EDIT: Sure enough. Started a new game on the second chapter, tried squishing a grub, and it froze. This is fucking pissing me off. I thought Valve was a great company, but they seem to constantly have minor glitches that fuck the whole thing up.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-01-25 17:01:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard