Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6151|Carnoustie, Scotland
Trying to record on BF2 and it's going pretty slow, so what processes could I do without?
https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/Funky_Finny/processers.jpg
Apart from MSPaint, BF2, Taskmanager and Fraps of course
Thanks.
EDIT: Yes, my computer IS called "THE DADDY" ... get over it.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-01-25 10:29:39)

Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6254|United Kingdom
google em all and see for yourself
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6432|Michigan, USA

Go to this site, and enter them in one at a time:
http://www.processlibrary.com/

I've visited it many a time, and am able to keep my processes in the low 30's
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6640|London, England
Firstly. Sort it out by memory usage. That way you can get rid of the big useless ones first which make the most difference.
aimless
+166|6144|Texas
Pretty much anything under THE DADDY you can do without. Some stuff under system you can do without, but google it first.
Funky_Finny
Banned
Is it normal to have ~5 svchosts?
Funky_Finny
Banned

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Firstly. Sort it out by memory usage. That way you can get rid of the big useless ones first which make the most difference.
Was gunna do that but they all changed and the only way I could screenshot them without them moving was to have them by name.
Funky_Finny
Banned
Also, wtf, non-recording at 60FPS, recording at 9. o.O
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6216|Winland

Funky_Finny wrote:

Yes. I have 8 on this computer. It's a network thing used by Windows.

Funky_Finny wrote:

GG. Triplepost.

And recording is _VERY_ intense job for the computer. You should defrag your HDD, and preferrably use an extra (internal) one for recording. YOu had what, a P4 2.40GHz? That's what I remember anyhow, and with a CPU like that, I wouldn't expect much recording at all in BF2. Even mid-range C2D's struggle with full-size recording.

Also, put the recording size to half-size in Fraps, and disable audio recording if you're not intending to use the ingame sounds (Gonna add music, etc).

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2008-01-25 10:59:43)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Funky_Finny
Banned

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

A load of bs.
I've been recording at High graphics at ~30 FPS. I'm gonna system restore before I put that stupid vista skin and icons on that Ryan suggested.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-01-25 11:10:43)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6216|Winland

Funky_Finny wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

A load of bs.
vista skin
That's your problem.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ryan
+1,230|6862|Alberta, Canada

If you type the process name in google, go to one of the first links. It will tell you all the information about it, and then you can decide whether you really need it or not.

edit: Your having problems with the Vista skin? I didn't install the icons, and I'm running just fine.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-01-25 11:26:55)

**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6174|Vancouver, BC, Canada
What I usually do before I game is I open the Task manager, and Get rid of Anything/everything that takes up more than 10 000 KB's. With the exception of SVChost and Explorer(But sometimes I even get rid of explorer, you don't need it while Gaming anyways, when you;re done, just reopen Task Manager, click file> Run> Explorer)

But yeah, somethings are evil, like if you use Sygate firewall you have to close it from the Task bar because it locks itself in as a service and task manager doesn't let you kill it(Not that you;d wanna kill your firewall)
Funky_Finny
Banned

Ryan wrote:

If you type the process name in google, go to one of the first links. It will tell you all the information about it, and then you can decide whether you really need it or not.

edit: Your having problems with the Vista skin? I didn't install the icons, and I'm running just fine.
Yeah, the icons made it mega slow.
Restored back to XP normal skin, I'll have a shot now.
CrazeD
+368|6692|Maine

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Even mid-range C2D's struggle with full-size recording.
LOL?

Guess my CPU is better than mid-range C2D's then...cause I can record FRAPS on full-size with like 70FPS.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6216|Winland

CrazeD wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

LOL?

Guess my CPU is better than mid-range C2D's then...cause I can record FRAPS on full-size with like 70FPS.
...and your CPU is?
Funky_Finny
Banned
Btw, I lost my registered fraps in the restore.. where would I find it?
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6546|Belgium

get rid of ituneshelper, punkbustrA when you're not playing and realshed.
Not sure about ipodservice if it's necessary for your ipod to function (interact with pc), same with appledevice.

And google for locator.exe and eebsvc to check what they are.
Funky_Finny
Banned
Lol, we sorted that already...
Plus, I don't own an IPod
CrazeD
+368|6692|Maine

Freezer7Pro wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

LOL?

...and your CPU is?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ (Brisbane) @ 3.1GHz.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada
https://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7130/taskmanagernh7.jpg
The highlighted ones are the ones I close when I play any game.

..So if you don't see a processor in mine that you have in yours, you can probably end it.
Funky_Finny
Banned

DefCon-17 wrote:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7130 … gernh7.jpg

..So if you don't see a processor in mine that you have in yours, you can probably end it.
Gay theme is gay.
spuddy1981
+10|6381|england
glad some 1 brought this up I always mean to look at it.

Do people turn off security stuff when playing??  I noticed it says to in the  BF 1942 hand book.  I was assuming you always want security on when on line.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada

Funky_Finny wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Gay theme is gay.
Performance > Looks.
Funky_Finny
Banned

DefCon-17 wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Gay theme is gay.
Performance > Looks.
Well, my theme uses 50kb of RAM, I could use it on my phone, and it's naice!
EDIT: I do respect your opinion though.

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-01-25 14:16:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard