Str?fe
+0|6691
Sharqi Peninsula - look for snipers in the construction site
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6711
I just started a brand new score ("0mikr0nsToolbelt"... yes I know the name sucks) and hotkeyed my knife, medic bag, and defibrillator; it's my tools and knife only score. Anyway, on my first round, I snuck up on snipers, squads, and retards from behind... I got three medals that round: Knife Combat, Medic Combat, and Medic badges in the same round, with nothing but a knife (although I did use my pistol once to bag a camper in the stairway on the TV station).

I had a good squad leader camp out near the east office on the hill next door to the TV station. I ran in, said "watch this", and charged into the flag room. Killed about five guys in that rush, they panicked when I got within five feet and some even teamkilled each other. I capped the flag myself, but the guys on the roof noticed and came down to give me a little present. Respawned, camped the doorway, and waited for them to come out of the flag room. Stabbed them all to death again. Needless to say, my squadleader was awed.

Yes, UAVs help lots, but sometimes you gotta know when to get by without them. For one thing, don't go rushing across streets if there's at least one enemy nearby. Why? You'll get spotted. If there's more than a few guys in a squad moving past your camping spot and you know you wont kill at least one, don't move (unless they see you). Avoid both engineers and rocket troops with DAO-12s... the shotgun-toting infantry aren't worth the risk either. Diving behind cover works equally as well, such as in the surveillance post. I would see a whole squad camping the flag, but from behind the sandbags. A little Superman dive got me over the sandbags and I was able to knife three guys while prone (the other two stood and ran at me; killed me and revived everyone, but it was fun and entirely worth it).

Take some time with it, knifing can be fun and addictive if you aren't careful. Don't expect to get good K ratios with the knife, however; even when I'm kicking ass with it, it all equals out (I think it's at 44/44 on my tools/knife score). Be careful, know when to hide or charge, and above all, stay behind your enemy.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6709|San Francisco
Nothing is more satisfying than knifing people...all up close and personal, especially when they don't expect it.  Hasn't anyone seen Léon?  Or in the US, The Professional? 
The Knife is the ultimate assassin weapon.

Great for stabbing people in the face, because they don't scream.  They mostly just gurgle.  And bleed.
Johnthegreg
+1|6739

Arch-35 wrote:

Just a bit of advise that I got from a teammate....Look at the requirements for the basic and vet badges. You need 7 knife kill's to get both, the only difference is that you need 50 additional knife kills to get the vet badge. Why do it twice? Work on your technique towards the 50 for vet and get them both at one time with 7 single kills in a round. You will not be so fustrated all the time and it will give you a chance to get comfortable with the knife.
Nice!

"How do u get teamspeak?" .....  Wtf?
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6731
Now if EA/Dice would just give you the ability to throw it
P3R3K
+0|6695

SGT_Squirtle wrote:

Now if EA/Dice would just give you the ability to throw it
OMG Kifes in SOF2 were so much fun!
Sharky1DK__
+0|6682|Denmark
Got my first knife kill the other day....    WOOAH wath a rush i was extatic for 5 min. couldent get my arms down.

But now i will try it for "real" for a couple of rounds.

YESS sir. i'm a noob.   but at leást i'l try not to bee so       I DONT go noot-tubing it's too noob'y
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6852

Ew0kk1 wrote:

How the hell can you get even the damn basic knife? I've been trying hours to get knife kills and i got...maybe 6 in 4-5 rounds. There was a bunch of chances in kargand(or whatever) but it just WON'T HIT! Even when the target is clearly standing in front of me and i'm so close i can read the washing instructions from his damn pants! It just won't hit...all the kills i've got are lucky ones...it doesn't seem to hit but hey I just killed someone OOPS!

Any good tips?
Just four simple words:

No
it
is
not!
elite
+89|6729|Sheffield, England
just practise with the knife, dont try and get the badge, get used to it, then just go for it
DeltaForce141
+0|6682
whats even harder than the knife is teh explosives...talk about having to use cheap tactics the only way to do it in my mind is camp an ally in karkand or camp an aircraft carrier, use the same advice for knife
LT_W.J.Kamikaza
Eat C4 SUCKAH!
+0|6801|Netherlands
Very easy to get basic knife!
cthulhu4u
+-1|6681
I thought the same thing after trying time and time again on Oman.  However, I got it after three tries on Karkand a few nights ago.  Just spawn as medic and immediately arm your knife.  Run around by the hotel and stab anyone you see.  If they hurt you, you at least have medipaks and you can save your SPM by throwing them around and reviving people as you are stabbing the world.  If they kill you, which they will, come back and do it again.  The first round I got 5 kills, the second 5 again and the third I got 7 with 120 tickets left.  This works much better than freaking trying to sneak up on snipers or AA in Oman. JUST DO IT MAN.  Don't wuss out and farm it either!  It is sooooooo easy!
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6713
daqing oil fields is where i got mine. ppl are rushing to get to the middle base thingy so stab em while they're running
[SSG]Hjultomten
+1|6670|Örebro, Sweden
Here is my tip, go for it on Warlord if you have SF, when the Palace spawns go one SAS and one Insurgents, play Assault (or Anti-Tank) and get on the roof with the grapplehook, then jump down into the spawnroom via the balcony (as all players spawn in the same room or in the corridor outside it basically) then just run around and knife away, i managed to get 9 kills before dying once, ended at 17 knifekills that round, and ill try for 18 the next time the same opportunity arises, but it totally sucked getting 17, beeing so close i could taste that expert badge hehe...

thats my tip
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
Well, I was seriously doubting my ability to do the same you are now. So one night i broke open a jar of white lighting and went f*ing nutts on a server, next thing I know I see a basic knife combat badge appear. Just yesterday I got my vet knife badge, knifed 22 players over a span multiple rounds of karkand (stick to the smaller servers, 32 and under). Then the next morning I saw I qualified for my 50, so off I went to get 7 more to get the vet badge. Just think outside the box, sneak up on people, stalk them, predict their movements, utilize the UAV, then when the times right, stick it to'em. After your first kill you will be like, "I love this shit!" Then go apeshit, you'll get it, just practice. You will die alot but badges equal alot of dirty work anyway.

Just pick a sniper load out for a week straight to supplement your K/D ratio.

Good luck.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
Oh yea, once you get the hang of it, you find ways to do sneaky shit like this:

I got killed shortly after I knifed the gunner. I was at karkand right there at that fence just infront of the american spawn at the right arty. The tank parked just the other side of that fence so I sneak out and hop up on it, and go for the kill.

https://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4811/screen0990hi.jpg
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6669|Westminster, Colorado
Knifing is the best part of the game IMO.  Me and my clan mates call ourselves the knifedudes (=]kd=.  We make it a point to knife anyone and everyone if possible.  Yes, we die more than most, but we have more fun than most clans just looking to "pad" their stats.  I am up to 855 non-stat padded knife kills.

Just takes a mindset.  Instead of shooting that guy in the back, I'll take the extra time to follow him and knife him when he stops.  I love it.

Remember, "Press 1 to Kill"
ssonrats
+221|6660
Really I Think The Best Map For The Basic Knife Is Karkand. I Got It Easily On Karkand, You Know The Alleyways At The Front Near Hotel? You Want To Infiltrate With The Us On The Side Entrance Near The Gas Tank Thingy. Just Save Your Sprint And Rush In And Slice Them Up. Be Sneaky As Poss.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
karkand is where i earned my vet badge at. that one map with the river and 3 dams in the river is where i earned basic. dont remember the name.
r0ffle
+0|6794
best tip?
get a friend
get a dummy account for him
go on a ranked server thats relatively empty
knife your friend to no end
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6700|West Yorkshire, U.K
Kill Snipers and use uav for people who dont move alot, also try and find the enemys commander :p dont go to close the th enemy aim for chest
phprock
+0|6667|Beaver County, PA
I got expert knife on Warlord and the round lasted forever.
dearry
+1|6308
You can find a knife only ranked server;) i got 100 kills on a few rounds;)
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6758|Backward Ass Kansas
May have been posted but i did not read all the posts so here is my two bits:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … nife+badge

This guy is very good at the knife.  Notice that he gets most of his kills while prone. for some reason that just works better.  Also notice that there are plenty of times he misses but just keeps hacking away and moving a lot.
It can be done. Also using dead people's kits to re-arm or heal yourself will help a bunch too.  Good luck.

....I might add that this was pre 1.4 when you needed 18 kills in one round for expert badge!

Last edited by An Enlarged Liver (2007-02-03 12:16:20)

An Enlarged Liver
+35|6758|Backward Ass Kansas

dearry wrote:

You can find a knife only ranked server;) i got 100 kills on a few rounds;)
That is the bitch way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard