RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6585|Area 51
That annoying twat on the left she talking about ''researches that show new thingies about developments in boys' minds''. Wottamotherfockinfuck are we now gonna get, I've been playing Unreal Tournament since the age of 9/10. I've never actually been in a real fight, so kiss my arse you ''scientific data'' because games don't make you violent, violence is within somebody himself and games are just something to blame on. The same goes for the sexual damage, gtfo. Even at my 17 years of age, I don't see women only as ''sex objects''. I call bullshit on their scientific research and more bullshit on the fucking drama that is being created around an VIRTUAL alien side boob and butt.

Last edited by RDMC (2008-01-23 13:41:44)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

Apparently some of you need a lesson.  The two guests do not work for Fox News.  Fox sees a story and brings on guests for their opinions.  So because of that, you say stupid fox news?  That is what every news show does.  My god you people need help.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2008-01-23 15:03:29)

adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

Apparently some of you need a lesson.  The two guests do not work for Fox News.  Fox sees a story and brings on guests for their opinions.  So because of that, you say stupid fox news?  That is what every news show does.  My god you people need help.
Youve missed the point: fox news is stupid because this story just uses videogames as a scapegoat.  They (the presenters) were unprofessional throughout, laughung and cutting off their guests, espacially when the guy started making good counter-arguments.  Theyre not stupid for simply having guests on to discuss something...

Last edited by adam1503 (2008-01-23 15:08:50)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

adam1503 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Youve missed the point: fox news is stupid because this story just uses videogames as a scapegoat.  They (the presenters) were unprofessional throughout, laughung and cutting off their guests, espacially when the guy started making good counter-arguments.
I have not missed the point.  That happens everywhere.  But what does the guests behavior have to do with Fox?  Well except for Larry King, who does not ask shit anyway.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2008-01-23 15:10:16)

adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK
Nobody is saying fox news is stupid for the behaviour of it's guests: the sheer pointlessness of the article, and the fact that none of the guests (except the guy from the industry) have actually played the game nor understand the content are what make this stupid.  One guy said it was like "Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas".  Though maybe stupid isnt the right word i dont know.  I dont fancy another debate over semantics.

Last edited by adam1503 (2008-01-23 15:13:47)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

adam1503 wrote:

i dont fancy another debate over semantics.
Well I do...being a new member of the Title Police and all.
adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

Why, do you have nothing better to do?
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6737|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Honestly, I see more ass cheek when I go to the beach than when I got to that scene.  Does that mean that we should ban children from going to the beach?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

adam1503 wrote:

No actually.  Watching TV and browsing the interweb.
adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

No actually.  Watching TV and browsing the interweb.
Then Im sure lowing will indulge you.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

adam1503 wrote:

Then Im sure lowing will indulge you.
No actually you are.
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6542
The chick who lamented the loss of interest in Pac Man and Atari was my favorite. From her point of view, we should have stopped right there, not made anything new, for obviously we had hit the zenith of game development.

Sure, they were good games. 30 years ago.

By her logic, hell, the 1969 Ford Mustang was a great car. We should have stuck with that for the next century.

Or the Black and White TV. It was a great TV, it showed pictures, thats all we really need. Screw HD, high contrast, or even color. Don't need it. Innovation is bad.

*Sigh* Stupid people hurt my brain
mikkel
+383|6622

usmarine2005 wrote:

The problem is that in this piece about a video game, there are five women who have never played games in their lives, one of them portrayed as an expert while downright making things up, and just one guy with any sort of knowledge of the topic, who is cut off, and left to see the woman with absolutely no clue given the last word and making woefully inaccurate assertions in a very conclusive manner.

This is coupled with the obligatory FOX News ridiculing of any subject that goes against the collective morals and ideals of the network, and a group of people arriving at a consensus on something that they either all agree on to begin with, creating an obvious bias, or don't have the slightest knowledge about.

If that isn't dishonest journalism, I don't know what is.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

mikkel wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

The problem is that in this piece about a video game, there are five women who have never played games in their lives, one of them portrayed as an expert while downright making things up, and just one guy with any sort of knowledge of the topic, who is cut off, and left to see the woman with absolutely no clue given the last word and making woefully inaccurate assertions in a very conclusive manner.

This is coupled with the obligatory FOX News ridiculing of any subject that goes against the collective morals and ideals of the network, and a group of people arriving at a consensus on something that they either all agree on to begin with, creating an obvious bias, or don't have the slightest knowledge about.

And that is what people want to see.  They know what people want to watch.  Hence the reason they are #1.  Although that does not make them stupid.  It makes them rather smart....and rich.
adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

And that is what people want to see.  They know what people want to watch.  Hence the reason they are #1.  Although that does not make them stupid.  It makes them rather smart....and rich.
Showing people what they want to see (i.e. a biased debate, dishonest journalism, ridiculing topics) is not news.  If you want to see what a news channel should look like, watch the bbc news channel.  Then go comapre it to fox.  You'll see that Fox is nowhere near what a news channel should be.
mikkel
+383|6622

usmarine2005 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

But it does not make it honest journalism, and that's typically what you gauge the quality a news channel by. They may have high ratings, but they're the journalistic equivalent of American Idol, so that's really no surprise. What should be a surprise is that people are actually willing to deal with being fed that journalistic tripe of very questionable accuracy simply because it's easily digested, but unfortunately, that isn't so anymore.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

adam1503 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Showing people what they want to see (i.e. a biased debate, dishonest journalism, ridiculing topics) is not news.  If you want to see what a news channel should look like, watch the bbc news channel.  Then go comapre it to fox.  You'll see that Fox is nowhere near what a news channel should be.
Ya ya whatever.  I do not watch Fox mkay.  And the BBC is a bunch of wimps afraid of offending muslims.
adam1503
+85|6408|Manchester, UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya ya whatever.  I do not watch Fox mkay.  And the BBC is a bunch of wimps afraid of offending muslims.
lol
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England

usmarine2005 wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

Hey you knew what you were signing up for. Straighten up officer, it's a wild and bad, we can't have you with that attitude out there!
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6658|Amsterdam, NY

Mek-Izzle wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

Hey you knew what you were signing up for. Straighten up officer, it's a wild and bad world, we can't have you with that attitude out there!
Dragonclaw
+186|6326|Florida
Jesus fucking christ. Fucking stupid morons.

"13 year olds have never seen playboy"? What world do these fucking idiots live in?

These people need to fucking get a clue. I would murder these idiots if I had the chance. They have absolutely no idea about video games in general. I lose brain cells hearing this fucking BULLSHIT.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-01-23 16:06:47)

NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6153
Fox News is only acceptable to watch when you need a reason to be pissed.
Dragonclaw
+186|6326|Florida
Simple solution to all this. Send those bitches back to the fucking kitchen and beat them to death if they leave it again.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6528

Dragonclaw wrote:

Simple solution to all this. Send those bitches back to the fucking kitchen and beat them to death if they leave it again.
reminds me of...

if u dnt like wat u see get ouf og the kitchn!
NantanCochise
+55|5999|Portugal/United States

NateWiese wrote:

Fox News is only acceptable to watch when you need a reason to be pissed.
LOL...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard