Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

Just got a call, got my first IT Support interview after a year of sending my CV to everyone and anyone.(JOY) Now I'm completely shitting myself. I've been so consumed with looking for a job, my studies have died off and i feel a bit rusty. Are they any fellow IT support guys out there that could maybe share some of their wisdom with me? What sort of questions should I expect in an interview like that? Also It's on Friday, so i gotta get someone to fill in for me at work, which will be hard in its self as I'm already filling in for someone else and If i screw over my current job for an interview I don't get through, im really fucked.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I'm in a similar field, but from an interview perspective just be intellectually honest. Perhaps read a few "new technology" articles for the sake of making conversation. Being rusty is not a crime, not wanting to do something about it is.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-23 05:05:16)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6474|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Heh. I'm going tomorrow and sign a deal for starting to work in IT support in a few weeks The funny part is, I have never ever worked at a tech support for computers. I had a bit to do with on-site help when I delivered electronics for a big warehouse here in Fin and made final installations of the hardware, but that's it. I went for a couple weeks ago to job interview and I didn't have much hope actually. I was just my own self. They thought that a basic support and blaablaa would be a perfect place for me to start. I made very clear that I'm very much into technology and like to know how things work inside out so I can be best of help. Honesty is good at this point. If you get later caught talking bullshit about your skills, buckle up Dorothy because Kansas is going bye-bye.

And what my buddy said to me, I'm saying to you:

Don't Spud up the interview!

+1 for good luck to you mate
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

Cheers fellas, I'm pretty confident about the general interview questions about myself, it's the tech questions which I'm worried about cos im so rusty, i got alot of reading to do before then, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna ask me questions about their company, which I've never even heard of. http://www.northgate-is.com/ So i gotta read all about that as well.
Ultrafunkula

More good luck to you. I passed the final interrigation and vi-ola! I has got a brand new job which starts feb. 11 I'm so unbelievebleblbelbley happy right now Yay. I is getting a free connection at home and stuff
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
inb4outsourced2india
Simon
basically
+838|6658|UK
GL ecoli , and grats Ultrafunkula What speed is the free connection?
mikkel
+383|6602
When in doubt, remember the IT supporter's creed - release/renew/reboot.

Good luck, hope you maintain your sanity
Ultrafunkula

Mek-Izzle wrote:

inb4outsourced2india
Me? Nowai. I will not become a dippa dappa dippa dee carpet factory thankyoucomeagain.

Simon wrote:

GL ecoli , and grats Ultrafunkula What speed is the free connection?
I have no idea. Atm I have 4 megs and I'd like to keep it that way since I tend to host mini-lans. They are probably providing me with something cool like 1MB

mikkel wrote:

When in doubt, remember the IT supporter's creed - release/renew/reboot.

Good luck, hope you maintain your sanity
I think this is going to be a walk in the park. I've worked before in aftermarketing wrestling with guarantee issues. That got to me in the end. I was one week on sick leave plus my winter vacation for almost having a complete nervous breakdown. That was something I never ever want to feel again. My head was a train wreck.

Good luck and remeber ecoli. No Spud! Spuding up the interview is bad
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

inb4outsourced2india
Me? Nowai. I will not become a dippa dappa dippa dee carpet factory thankyoucomeagain.
That's what they all say
FathomsDown
+19|6652|England
Ooh, I'm hiring at the moment.... reboot isn't an option for Unix systems though :-)
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

Thread revive FTW, I thought the post was forgotten about an no one cared about me . Thanks for the goodlucks and the "inb4outsourced2inda" and congrats ultrafunkula. They changed the date to monday too so i got a little more time to prep.
Ultrafunkula

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

inb4outsourced2india
That's what they all say
Nowai nowai nowai! I don't wanna eat curry for the rest of my life
If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me *evil laughter*
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke
Just prepare yourself for the corparate questions...

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Explain a time when you have implemented something to help your team do something faster and more effiecient? (sp)

Also bullshittig doesn't get you far,just be honest...
Ultrafunkula

So how did it go?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
He's in Bangalore as we speak
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

LOL, it went well, i wasn't gonna report back until tomorrow but i can do it now, seriously, i was a nervous wreck before I went in, turned out to be just a bit of a chat with a couple of IT guys, plus, I dunno if anyone used a train on monday but from the south coast up to london every train had delays and cancellations so i was ten minutes late, BUT, they asked me back for a second interview tomorrow, they whittled it down to two applicants, and said i was the far stronger out of them so fingers crossed. Seems like a sweet job, just two IT guys doing like 600 users. Anyway, so yeah, a second interview tomorrow then I just gotta wait and see.
Nintendogamer
+72|6588|Chelmsford, UK
good luck with it.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6743|London

Ec0li wrote:

Cheers fellas, I'm pretty confident about the general interview questions about myself, it's the tech questions which I'm worried about cos im so rusty, i got alot of reading to do before then, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna ask me questions about their company, which I've never even heard of. http://www.northgate-is.com/ So i gotta read all about that as well.
Lol, those guys maintain my college's network. I did work experience there.

Last edited by Dauntless (2008-01-30 06:44:57)

https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Ultrafunkula

Najs najs. Second round is good. Third round kicks ass and starts parties tho, so let's hope you'll get there
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

Yeah baby, got the job, they decided there and then after the interview, i start in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6527|Milkystania, yurop
Congrats

-Jesus
Ultrafunkula

Ec0li wrote:

Yeah baby, got the job, they decided there and then after the interview, i start in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Woooo! Hi 5!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard