voodoodolphins
+92|6704
I am really looking forward to it...But I can easily imagine how many ppl will try to do this after the movie has been released....which mean that I as a heli or jet pilot will be much more in danger of getting shot down...oh well...
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Hakei wrote:

Dragshots are the way to go, I'm no where near as good as some people with dragshots but I'd class myself as "Getting there"

The difference with a dragshot is that it takes .3 seconds to do, as apposed to lining up a shot and making sure you really are "on the head" which can take a few seconds (A few seconds you can do without being stationary)
I won't get myself into a cqc/long range argument, so I'll just say perhaps.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997
I think you're forgetting that someone like this isn't like a guide to Fire missiles. It takes a hell of a lot of hours in a vehicle to actually get good at it, you can only give so many tips at the end of the day, the rest is on the person to:
A. Practice.
B. Practice.
C. Record practice and make a video out of leet kills.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

ScoutStrike wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Dragshots are the way to go, I'm no where near as good as some people with dragshots but I'd class myself as "Getting there"

The difference with a dragshot is that it takes .3 seconds to do, as apposed to lining up a shot and making sure you really are "on the head" which can take a few seconds (A few seconds you can do without being stationary)
I won't get myself into a cqc/long range argument, so I'll just say perhaps.
Sure -- I never dragshot at long distance, there is no need to as the width you have to hit goes from 20 or so pixels to 2 or 3, and the chances of you missing increase dramatically.
Safrguns
+105|6132

voodoodolphins wrote:

I am really looking forward to it...But I can easily imagine how many ppl will try to do this after the movie has been released....which mean that I as a heli or jet pilot will be much more in danger of getting shot down...oh well...
lol.... well, this was sort of the idea... but it was directed more towards whiney chopper/jet whores with server admin.

A good chopper/jet pilot does not have much to worry about... even from me.  (unless they fail to see me on their 6)
Safrguns
+105|6132

Hakei wrote:

I think you're forgetting that someone like this isn't like a guide to Fire missiles. It takes a hell of a lot of hours in a vehicle to actually get good at it, you can only give so many tips at the end of the day, the rest is on the person to:
A. Practice.
B. Practice.
C. Record practice and make a video out of leet kills.
My very point at the end of the tutorial...
but knowing WHAT to practice makes all the difference on the time it takes.
a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands

Safrguns wrote:

A good chopper/jet pilot does not have much to worry about... even from me.  (unless they fail to see me on their 6)
Thats not true. If a good chopper is fighting another good chopper, tanks can easily take out the choppers. The chance of having 2 good choppers fighting each other in a public servers, is none-existent

On the first page you said something about being 40+ and having slow reflexes... That does not matter at all. Something not many 'gamers' (IMO they are not actually gamers) realize, is that its about how you think Sadly enough most people can't or don't want to think...
Feh
+3|5920|Stuttgart, GER
bamm, nice teaser. i once shot a jet too with a tank, but it flew quite slow quite low straight towards me
looking forward to seeing the movie
Safrguns
+105|6132

a fly wrote:

Thats not true. If a good chopper is fighting another good chopper, tanks can easily take out the choppers.
Shhhhhhh!!!...  they might here you

a fly wrote:

The chance of having 2 good choppers fighting each other in a public servers, is none-existent
I see equally good chopper pilots duking it out all of the time.
They are extremely difficult to hit because their movements are so irratic,
and they frequently fly at high altitudes. 
They become vulnerable though when one of them breaks contact, diving hard and away for speed.
I pretty much count on equally skilled chopper pilots being present on both sides
because they keep each other busy.
When a good chopper pilot goes uncontested, I get more of their attention.

a fly wrote:

On the first page you said something about being 40+ and having slow reflexes... That does not matter at all. Something not many 'gamers' (IMO they are not actually gamers) realize, is that its about how you think Sadly enough most people can't or don't want to think...
Ah.. thanks for the compliment...  didn't say my reflexes are slow though... just that I cant compete with
a 14 year old's.  I was suggesting that someone younger with the same skills will probably prove to
to do far better than I on # of aircraft killed.
a fly
+105|6645|The netherlands
and they frequently fly at high altitudes.
That means they are not a good chopper crew. Going so high means everyone can see and anticipate on what you are doing. Chances of getting spotted are >70% of you go high, whilst if you fly at ground level (NOTE: I don't recommend this for the wannabe pilots, you will get shot down), you hardly ever get spotted, and planes tend to ignore you.

____
I tried shooting down some planes myself today, but it failed... Some very close shots, also the explosion but no damage done shots happened quite a few times Shooting down choppers is always too easy, as long as they don't hunt you
Safrguns
+105|6132

a fly wrote:

I tried shooting down some planes myself today, but it failed... Some very close shots, also the explosion but no damage done shots happened quite a few times Shooting down choppers is always too easy, as long as they don't hunt you
If you are getting those on jets, then your pretty much there.
Hitboxes tend to just barely trail the jet, but the difference between a center mass hit (no damage)
and a tailing near miss kill is very slight.  Most of my kills will show that the round just barely misses to the rear.
Not always the case though.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6327
What is the ETA of this video? Some teaser ya got going, I wanna watch it.
dill13
+67|6195

yehz i finally knock my 4th jet outa the sky ill admit i missed him at first then he turned into my shell he was going laterally then 180. hopefully i can start downing the ones i hit.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City
For how long have you been playing this game ?

just to know....

Last edited by Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd (2008-02-14 21:14:50)

Safrguns
+105|6132

Ten24Alpha420 wrote:

What is the ETA of this video? Some teaser ya got going, I wanna watch it.
I would like to have it done before the end of this month... I have 3 others I want to get started.
Thanks!

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

For how long have you been playing this game ?

just to know....
Over 2 years now I think.

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-02-14 21:34:09)

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City

a fly wrote:

Thats not true. If a good chopper is fighting another good chopper, tanks can easily take out the choppers. The chance of having 2 good choppers fighting each other in a public servers, is none-existent
Have you ever played Iron Gator on Friday or Saturday  ?
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6747|Mexico City

Safrguns wrote:

can you post a link to your stats?
i would like to see your gaming style..
Safrguns
+105|6132

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Safrguns wrote:

can you post a link to your stats?
i would like to see your gaming style..
Hah!.... I can save you the trouble...  I'm all tanker.
Expert tank, expert Jet... thats about it.
Had to get good in a jet to deal with the glorified ramming device (TV) and bombing pros

Last edited by Safrguns (2008-02-15 13:26:10)

Safrguns
+105|6132
With Stage6 down, I've been searching for an acceptable alternative.
I tried several, and all seem to compress beyond an acceptable level.

But... looks like my search is over.
This is not Stage6, but its the best thing I've seen out there so far.

Here is the new link for my tutorial teaser:

http://www.leettube.com/view_video.php? … 4d339dbabd
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5990|Mountain Dew
WOha nice!!!!!!!!
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5933|Georgia, US of A
is the real thing ready yet?
Safrguns
+105|6132

smartdude992 wrote:

Much much closer... the stage 6 thing has set me back just a bit, and I was worried I was
going to have to limit it to 100meg.

BUT....  looks like i'll be hosting at GamerzTheatre.
Canuck (owner) is in the process of adding HD upload functionality with no compression!
It will be same quality as Stage6.
He's still working the kinks out, and recovering a lot of the movies he lost with the stage6 exit.

So... looks like Gamerztheatre is the winner in my book.

My intro is there now, with same HD quality as  stage6.

I'm hoping to be done with it within the next 1-2 weeks.
I'm well over half way there now.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5933|Georgia, US of A

Safrguns wrote:

smartdude992 wrote:

Much much closer... the stage 6 thing has set me back just a bit, and I was worried I was
going to have to limit it to 100meg.

BUT....  looks like i'll be hosting at GamerzTheatre.
Canuck (owner) is in the process of adding HD upload functionality with no compression!
It will be same quality as Stage6.
He's still working the kinks out, and recovering a lot of the movies he lost with the stage6 exit.

So... looks like Gamerztheatre is the winner in my book.

My intro is there now, with same HD quality as  stage6.

I'm hoping to be done with it within the next 1-2 weeks.
I'm well over half way there now.
YAY!!!
Safrguns
+105|6132
I'm in my final days of completing this.
The full length version is 18:26 with narration taking up about 14:00 minutes.
I'm currently composing text credits and tweaking edits.
This has taken me far more time than I expected it would,
and i'm now very glad that I released the teaser when I did,
otherwise, it would have never gotten finished.
Most of this was a ton of work...  and I went through
about 3 different versions of narration before I was able
to properly analyze end explain what was coming naturally.

Thank you for your patience...
I hope it pays off.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6327
Is this an early April fools joke?
Good news.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard