iD
Hates most server admins.
+7|6656
just had a good fight on kubra. made 3 shots with a T-90, took down 2 helis and one jet. all within 30 seconds and battlerecorder was on
your videos inspired me on doing those shots.
cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
Awesome vid. I was most impressed with seeing operation harvest in there.
Safrguns
+105|6131

dill13 wrote:

man i got to say you never fail to impress me. have you modified anything to make your hitreg better ive hit 5 plus jets since your last movie and still havent manage to bring my third out of the sky.
Thank you very much!...  You know, I did try messing with the hitregs before.
I recently had to go through a complete reload of my system, and I'm now currently playing with default settings again.
I couldn't tell much of a difference when I changed them before, and I cannot tell any difference now since I am back to defaults.
I have a theory about all this that I will discuss in the tutorial, but basically, because the round
is traveling so much slower, and the moving targets are so much faster than a ground target,
I really don't believe changing the hitreg settings helps at all....  it all really simply boils down to luck. 
Skill gets the round close, and may even get the hit... but Luck takes it the rest of the way there for the hitreg/kill.
I have a whole folder stocked full of hitreg failures.  In the tutorial, I'll show one I got on an A10.
I even have one of a stationary infantry soldier who takes a shell directly to the chest with no damage.
I have kills of jets where the round passes in front of the target, ones that pass behind the target,
and yes... ones that go right through it for the kill.

If I had to make a call on where most of my kill shots land though, I'd have to say just slightly behind.
I would still aim towards the front or center though, because most shots tend to be just a little bit behind anyway.
Safrguns
+105|6131

iD wrote:

just had a good fight on kubra. made 3 shots with a T-90, took down 2 helis and one jet. all within 30 seconds and battlerecorder was on
Excellent!  I hope you dowloaded it!...  Save them up for a movie...  I would love to see it!

Thanks!
Safrguns
+105|6131

cablecopulate wrote:

Awesome vid. I was most impressed with seeing operation harvest in there.
Thanks!... thats like becoming one of my favorite maps now.  I got real lucky with that lighting strike after my kill.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5995
How many jets have you done in your time, Safrguns? I've TVed close to 200 now, but fully moving jets, how many do you think you've pwned?

How many do you usually get per match/day too?
Safrguns
+105|6131

Hakei wrote:

How many jets have you done in your time, Safrguns? I've TVed close to 200 now, but fully moving jets, how many do you think you've pwned?

How many do you usually get per match/day too?
Would have to be a total guess based on averages.
On any given night, I can score at least one jet kill... sometimes as many as 3-5 in a few hours of play.
Some nights I can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Over a week I can rack up between 5-10 jet kills... so lets say 5 per week to be conservative.
52 weeks in a year, and i've been playing for over 2 years.
1st year couldn't have been that good, so lets cut the first year down a bit.
My guess is 400-500 jets.  I think that sounds fairly reasonable... could be a little high or low.

Now... the rare shots...  long distant lateral kills...  1-2 per month maybe.
I've been real lucky lately.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

How did you die in the tank without the tank being destroyed on that one Kubra Dam shot? It is in that longer tutorial you made. You shot down a jet, but a TV missile from the Mi-28 almost hit you, but hit the bridge instead which destroyed it, your tank almost fell through, but it got fixed (I guess you were an engy) And your tank stayed intact...But it said you got killed?!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada

Safrguns wrote:

Thanks all!

LT.Victim wrote:

Fucking Nice, but I didn't like the 3D text or gun you used, It makes the editing look too old school(?).. Maybe try something different, because beside the text and stuff the editing was good.
Wha???? you don't like my "Safer" gun?????  Oh me heart... it breaks!... lol.
Ok... i'm not that attached to it.
I'm willing to change my logo If I can come up with something else I like better.
What is it about the gun?... not realistic enough? the fact that it's 3d?
How else i supposed to depict a condom over the barrel of a gun?
Any ideas? maybe a link to an intro you like that can inspire me?

yeah.. i'm about as "old school" as they come.
any older, and i wouldn't know how to work a computer.
Thats suppose to be a condom over a gun?

.. Now I get it.. but I still don't like the 3D gun.. The gun itself looks good, and it would look more realistic  and not soo old school if it was not spinning, but I couldn't really tell that was a condom, I don't know what kind of condoms your buying, but mine look nothing like that.. lol

And I always thought your name referred to Safari rather then Safer.. Now I get it.. Wow I'm an Idiot..

Also, more original music would be nice, and if you have the time or the effort you can try and edit the explosions to the music. Its little touches that make it that much better..

There was a Intro to some F35B ownage movie that I really liked a while ago (It was on.. Dragon Valley? showed a guy running to his jet then taking off, but the angles and music made it awesome), If I can find the link, I'll post it here, because the same thing could be done with a tank..
Safrguns
+105|6131

Im_Dooomed wrote:

How did you die in the tank without the tank being destroyed on that one Kubra Dam shot? It is in that longer tutorial you made. You shot down a jet, but a TV missile from the Mi-28 almost hit you, but hit the bridge instead which destroyed it, your tank almost fell through, but it got fixed (I guess you were an engy) And your tank stayed intact...But it said you got killed?!
Actually, I didn't die.  After my tank righted itself from repairing the bridge, I jumped out and barely saved the tank.
Cant see me from the angle I frapped the footage from... but it's why my tank seems motionless at the end.
The splash from the missile just about wasted me.
It was one of my staged shots where my targets were not supposed to be shooting back at me, so I could
get the kills quicker.  They had been flying around for about 20-30 minutes laterally at long distance, and the gunner
just couldn't help himself, which is why I think he near-missed me on purpose.
I would have been so ticked if I'd died cause my shot finally scored... as it turned out,  it worked out just perfect for the vid.
It was the long distance lateral I wanted with a bonus.
I do have the first person for that... may use it in the tutorial for fun.
Safrguns
+105|6131

LT.Victim wrote:

Also, more original music would be nice, and if you have the time or the effort you can try and edit the explosions to the music. Its little touches that make it that much better..
I did time the shell fire, explosions, and even the lightning once with the music... so I'm confused unless you mean something else by "edit".

Thanks!
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada

Safrguns wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I did time the shell fire, explosions, and even the lightning once with the music... so I'm confused unless you mean something else by "edit".

Thanks!
Ya, I noticed that, but I meant throughout most of the movie, not just the starting..
Safrguns
+105|6131

LT.Victim wrote:

Safrguns wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

Thanks!
Ya, I noticed that, but I meant throughout most of the movie, not just the starting..
Didn't time it to the trumpet melody... timed it to the secondary melody.  I guess some people hear that more
dominantly than the bass line.
Being a tutorial, most of the video wont even have music... I wanted the intro to sound BF2-ish.

If it can be better though, I would like to know how.

yeah...  I can do something besides spinning... just dont know how to make a better condom 
I'll give it some thought... Vegas might actually give me the solution.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6326
Good luck with the condoms Safr. Can't wait to see it... The tutorial.
Rivfader
+35|6236|Sweden
Looking nice!!
https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/Rivfader73/bannerflyy.jpg
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5999|Aberdeen, Scotland
Damn sweet shooting, good work

The screen-in-screen bits at the end were cool. 8)
Safrguns
+105|6131
Thanks Ten, Riv, and Mr. A!
BRiiNDED
+137|6124
any movie you make i watch, they are fucking awesome, so i took a turn at it and got me kill on an f-35 trying to kill me on wake... then i gloated but no BR i dont think i didnt check and fraps lags me bad :\ need to upgrade prinscreen tho xD keep em up and cant wait for the tutorial
iD
+7|6656

Safrguns wrote:

iD wrote:

Excellent!  I hope you dowloaded it!...  Save them up for a movie...  I would love to see it!

Thanks!
i did, and i can play it. but i got no idea how i can get to the right time with those shots, it was a very long round.
Safrguns
+105|6131

iD wrote:

i did, and i can play it. but i got no idea how i can get to the right time with those shots, it was a very long round.
What I do is first time through, start it at 300% speed with a stopwatch going.
you will have to watch the whole thing.
Then when you see your moment in time, make note of time elapsed.
Then, restart it again at 300% and restart stopwatch, and let it run...
go do something else, but keep watching the time.
pause playback about 2-3 minutes out.
then go normal speed and frap it.
iD
+7|6656
hmm, with 60 minutes round time, i'd have to spend around 20minutes waiting with 300% speed twice.
not very exciting, DICE could have done some better demoplayer
Safrguns
+105|6131

iD wrote:

hmm, with 60 minutes round time, i'd have to spend around 20minutes waiting with 300% speed twice.
not very exciting, DICE could have done some better demoplayer
True.... much depends upon the quality and rareness of the shot.
If the jet you killed was on a strafing run, It may not be worth it.
But... a 3 AC streak in 30 minutes might be.
I have spent as much as 2 hours or more fast forwarding a demo file
just to capture a single jet kill, because I had to run it several times
to frap it just the way I wanted it... or to get multiple angles.

So... to save you a lot of time, Think VERY carefully about the angles you
want as your fast forwarding.  On the first pass, if you can catch at least part of it,
throw it into slow motion or pause it so you can figure out exactly
where you want the camera for impact.

I have asked around about some sort of file splitter that would
turn one demo file into several to make it easier.  no luck though.
Safrguns
+105|6131

Death_Brinded_Pro wrote:

any movie you make i watch, they are fucking awesome, so i took a turn at it and got me kill on an f-35 trying to kill me on wake... then i gloated but no BR i dont think i didnt check and fraps lags me bad :\ need to upgrade prinscreen tho xD keep em up and cant wait for the tutorial
Congrats!  and Thank you!

Sounds like you just need to increase your RAM.
Fraps lagged me somewhat too at 750 meg.  Now, with 2.5g, I'm smokin!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
What kind of hardware are you running.  You have awesome looking graphics and yet you can still maintain a clear framerate, in addition to video recording software.  My graphics are on medium, I still get lag every now and then, and I don't know how Fraps does yet.
Safrguns
+105|6131

_j5689_ wrote:

What kind of hardware are you running.  You have awesome looking graphics and yet you can still maintain a clear framerate, in addition to video recording software.  My graphics are on medium, I still get lag every now and then, and I don't know how Fraps does yet.
Both of my first videos were recorded using my P4 (XP) with 750 meg of ram on a GE force 6600.

I am now recording with 2.5 gig of ram on a 8600 GT.  The ram upgrade is what really makes a lot of the difference...
So upgrade that first if you can.

Set Fraps to record full size at 30 frames per second for best quality.

Keep in mind though that framerate is sometimes unavoidably hindered by demo quality for the external views.

If you still have problems with framerate or lag, go ahead and skimp on game graphics settings such as
shadows, lighting and textures... theres not really a whole lot of difference between medium and high.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard