adam1503
+85|6407|Manchester, UK

dayarath wrote:

This thread is useless.

And has turned out into a hate fest.
Mods please close this thread.

Last edited by adam1503 (2008-01-20 12:31:52)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6670|USA

sergeriver wrote:

Cuban Missile Crisis

In 1962 the Soviet Union installed missiles armed with nuclear warheads on Cuba, threatening military facilities and population centers on the US.  During the crisis that followed, the actual use of nuclear weapons was a real possibility.  When war was about to start, the crisis was solved by Kennedy and Khrushchev.  How?  Thanks to diplomacy.  The Soviets took their nukes back to Russia and the US publicly agreed not to invade Cuba and secretly agreed to take its nukes out of Turkey.  This was really what Russia wanted, and they got it.  What can be learnt here is that appeasement isn't always bad.  The US appeased Russia and they took their missiles from Cuba, stopping WW3.  This didn't mean the US was weak, and Russia did not invade any European country over this.  Diplomacy solved this huge and dangerous crisis.  Without diplomacy and appeasement WW3 would have started over this.  Diplomacy means sometimes you threaten, sometimes you appease, and most of the time you negotiate.  Appeasement can save lives, this is the proof.
Who gives a shit, all this is telling me is that you agree that PC was used to APPEASE the Muslim community in the other thread. That is fine, I am glad you finally see that.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6776|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Cuban Missile Crisis

In 1962 the Soviet Union installed missiles armed with nuclear warheads on Cuba, threatening military facilities and population centers on the US.  During the crisis that followed, the actual use of nuclear weapons was a real possibility.  When war was about to start, the crisis was solved by Kennedy and Khrushchev.  How?  Thanks to diplomacy.  The Soviets took their nukes back to Russia and the US publicly agreed not to invade Cuba and secretly agreed to take its nukes out of Turkey.  This was really what Russia wanted, and they got it.  What can be learnt here is that appeasement isn't always bad.  The US appeased Russia and they took their missiles from Cuba, stopping WW3.  This didn't mean the US was weak, and Russia did not invade any European country over this.  Diplomacy solved this huge and dangerous crisis.  Without diplomacy and appeasement WW3 would have started over this.  Diplomacy means sometimes you threaten, sometimes you appease, and most of the time you negotiate.  Appeasement can save lives, this is the proof.
Who gives a shit, all this is telling me is that you agree that PC was used to APPEASE the Muslim community in the other thread. That is fine, I am glad you finally see that.
It depends on what the meaning of the word appeasement is.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6663

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That's Spanish.
Ya but I know he is a Mexican....in Portugal.
wtf.  didnt even notice that. lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

That's Spanish.
Ya but I know he is a Mexican....in Portugal.
wtf.  didnt even notice that. lol
Ya he is racist.  he is saying you can't speak Spanish in Portugal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard