Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6696|SE Pennsylvania
I don't know how many of you guys notice this, but what's up with these tank/APC whores who just sit around, doing nothing for the team?  The pick a nice cozy spot and just start killing enemies.  Sure, that's all fine and good when your team has all the flags, but what about getting a flag?

I most typically see this at Karkand where people just try to frag with their armor instead of going for a flag.  We all know it's sure as hell a lot easier to capture a flag with a vehicle than on foot.  So why don't these morons just run over the infantry, get some kills along the way, and get a damn flag?  There's an extra 4 points in it for them.

I've noticed this for a while, as I'm always the seemingly lone guy who takes an APC down the road at Karkand to the rear MEC bases.  But I guess since this game is full of ex-Counter-Strike players, all they want to do is shoot 'em up bang bang.
Teckademics
+1|6718|Savannah GA
im an ex cs player. GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT IT?... but hey.. its also the fact that when in a tank - apc some one can spwn really colse to you and toss some c4 then boom. so yeah i find it better to let the poeple walk in wile i cover with the tank - apc ..

Last edited by Teckademics (2005-12-31 01:03:26)

FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6751
Css = Gay....people In Armor = Gay

Go Play Css
Teckademics
+1|6718|Savannah GA
yea css is lame cs 1.6 is so much better. but no. Armor isnt gay. its fun i get to run over people
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6696|SE Pennsylvania

Teckademics wrote:

im an ex cs player. GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT IT?... but hey.. its also the fact that when in a tank - apc some one can spwn really colse to you and toss some c4 then boom. so yeah i find it better to let the poeple walk in wile i cover with the tank - apc ..
Well if you keep moving - you know, to a FLAG - you may not get C4 planted on yourself.  It's when you sit stationary trying to shoot infantrymen that gets you blown up.

I played some CS:S, too.  I just understand the concept of this game: the more flags you have, the easier it is to win.  It also helps if you have a squad that works with you, too.
Teckademics
+1|6718|Savannah GA

Bingo wrote:

Teckademics wrote:

Well if you keep moving - you know, to a FLAG - you may not get C4 planted on yourself.  It's when you sit stationary trying to shoot infantrymen that gets you blown up.

I played some CS:S, too.  I just understand the concept of this game: the more flags you have, the easier it is to win.  It also helps if you have a squad that works with you, too.
im talking about capping the flag you have to sit close to it meaning YOU HAVE TO SIT THERE i mean 10 feet of space isnt a lot.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

FoodNipple101 wrote:

Go Play Css
Even your username is gay!

Go Play Css
Rizen_Ji
+41|6728|200m out and smiling at you.
u do know that C4 has a huge blast radius... and 2 packs would be enough to cover the small area that the armor can move in so if u move in u have limited view and ur pretty much a sitting duck. the only time i go in to cap a flag in armor is if there's other armor  or there's 2 guys in my squad there with me who can tell me where people are coming from.

but armor and capping flags doesn't mix.
Bingo
was his name-o
+0|6696|SE Pennsylvania

Teckademics wrote:

im talking about capping the flag you have to sit close to it meaning YOU HAVE TO SIT THERE i mean 10 feet of space isnt a lot.
I see.  Well that's the whole point I'm trying to make.  Go in and assert yourself - after all, why should a 100-ton piece of armor be afraid of some infantrymen?  Some flags give you a lot of leeway (meaning you can be far away and still be capping it).  In that case, I just go back and forth while spinning my turret around.  If anyone's around, you'll either run 'em over or spot 'em before it's too late.  Armor isn't supposed to wait for infantry to clear the way; it's the other way around.

Also, you can always switch to the third-person view so you can see all around you.  If you see some crazy guy running up with some C4, floor it out of there or if he already planted it, bail and run like hell.  I've never once had a tank stolen by bailing in that situation.  100% of the time it was blown up by an overzealous C4sman.  Chances are he blows himself up, too.

Last edited by Bingo (2005-12-31 01:23:19)

Barnyard
+0|6759
Very Simple:  YOU DON'T CAP FLAGS WITH ARMOR or BLACKHACKS or ATTACK CHOPPERS. 

What a lot of people don't understand is that if your team is not bleeding there is no need to cap flags.  It is then just up to KDR which a lot of people suck at.

I aggree that these assets are used to "Clear the Way" but the line infantry have to cap the flags.  If you get C4 you risk losing your tank/chopper. 

Of course there are a few exections.  On 64 man karkand if you have both APCs and the tank yes you can take a flag because you can cover all angles.

What pizzes me off more is the players that don't understand squad hopping.  It is very simple if you are in the back of the base caping a flag create a squad so other can spawn to help take the base.  Also when there are squads created no one uses them.

BTW I am an armor whore, all ways creates squads, and hops squads as need for the good of the team.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

Bingo wrote:

I don't know how many of you guys notice this, but what's up with these tank/APC whores who just sit around, doing nothing for the team?  The pick a nice cozy spot and just start killing enemies.  Sure, that's all fine and good when your team has all the flags, but what about getting a flag?

I most typically see this at Karkand where people just try to frag with their armor instead of going for a flag.  We all know it's sure as hell a lot easier to capture a flag with a vehicle than on foot.  So why don't these morons just run over the infantry, get some kills along the way, and get a damn flag?  There's an extra 4 points in it for them.

I've noticed this for a while, as I'm always the seemingly lone guy who takes an APC down the road at Karkand to the rear MEC bases.  But I guess since this game is full of ex-Counter-Strike players, all they want to do is shoot 'em up bang bang.
I usually play on a 64 Karkand and would like to cap a flag. In fact I used to do it all the time in the beginning cos I'm a team player and want my team to win BUT then stopped doing it through lack of support. All too often I go down the road in my USMC armoured vehicle only to have 2 or sometimes ALL 3 MEC armoured vehicles gang up on me from behind and in front. Gangbangers fest it is I tell you!

In other words why bother going down a road that is more than likely to lead to certain death cos other team mates are busy spawncamping? The other thing that really annoys me is the fact that the MEC armoured vehicles spawncamp on the road to the east of the Hotel while the USMC spawncamp on the west of the Karkand map.

This means if I want to play as infantry and go down the hill there's always the possibility I won't make it to the fence in one piece cos of 2 BTRs and 1 tank throwing all they've got at the hill. This pisses me off to no end cos our armour is supposed to help us out cos they're BEST equipped to counter the enemy armour. But NO! They hide to the west and some spawncamping noobs on the MEC finish the round with loads of kills and 1 or sometimes no deaths at all to their names.

If I get my hands on an apc or tank I usually try to diffuse the problem BUT when it's more than one enemy armoured vehicle (with engineer drivers keeping each other alive) things are bound get sticky and it usually does so in the end I've given up and joined the "rest" cos I don't play this game to die for a useless cause. Plus while I engage the enemy I've got dumb team mates lurking behind me so when I reverse to dodge a BTR rocket I get a team kill. So is it really worth the effort?

Don't blame people like me. Blame the camping cowards who won't go beyond their oh so precious crate. Blame the people obsessed with their stats. In fact blame EA for creating a ranking and awards system cos that just encourages people to be selfish as they pursue these shiny icons you all look at everyday. Some awards do encourage team play but the majority don't. People will do anything do get their grubby hands on these awards and that's when team play takes a back seat. Just accept it and don't moan about it!
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6701|th3 unkn0wn

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Its quite simple really, all people want are points(myself included).
If there were a substantial amount of points given to the winning team then maybe people would care.
Agreed. The points gained between capping a flag and helping your team and that of spawncamping is significant. We all know which one we'd go for don't we?
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6720|Germany

I usually use tanks to defend flags or to cover my teammates who capture a flag from some distance. I only try to take flags with a tank when the risk is not too high, because the main battle takes place somewhere else.
(e.g. sometimes i try to get the suburb or gatehouse flag (or one of the other flags at the MEC-side of the river) at Karkand, while the others are fighting around the hotel and our team still loses tickets.
Ok, I could do it with a Hummer, but you may meet another tank or APC, so the armor and firepower are helpful. Some ppl are not very careful on the way to the south.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2005-12-31 19:05:24)

Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway
Firstly - I am not very experienced with armor, I havn't got a bunch of kills or anything, but I can still have an opinion (just to try and curb some "F*cking n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" replies

I agree with people ssaying that armor exists for one reason - taking out other armor.. If you'r in a APC you try to take out tanks and APC's because your infantry will have to be C4 or AT to do it - and most of us know how fun it is to be AT after the armor is blown up (Yeay!!! look at my wanker-submachingun miss the broadside of a barn!)

Secret would of course be to have two APC's woth two decent drivers and both of them engy so they will repair eachother just by being cozy...
And nothing rocks a tanks world as much as two missiles to the tracks! (well perhaps C4, oh... and tv-guided.. and bombs..... oh well, you get the picture )

Sitting in an APC trying to cap a flag will lead to your APC (and perhaps also you) going *BOOOOM* if you are on a server with half a decent player..

That's my most humble opinion(s)
Teckademics
+1|6718|Savannah GA
No dont get me wrong i will cap with my apc- tank but i play kark only jsut about so its not to had for them to spawn and just pull c4 out and boom im dead cause even if i was to go in 3rd person it would go so fast i would be fucked no matter what. i mean they spawn see me c4 boom. thats about 1.5 sec thats about how long it takes you to say oh shit before your ass gets toasted in your armor. what ill do is pave the way then have the team players go in and ill cover from outside - nearby so they sit there and cap the flag wile i keep all the nade whores off there back thus we get the flag there team dies and one more step for us winning the round ... but as said allready most of the time people will just spawn camp with the armor. its sad but true and we wont change that ... its jsut like the noob tube you use it but dont get pissed off till you get owned by it.. so If your getting spawn raped DONT SPAWN THERE simple as that as for the flag issue dont play alone .. im SURE you know at least one person with bf2. and trust me 2 people can take on groups of people if acting like a real squad as in say  one of you medic one assault  - just do what i do find some people you know and get on bf2 have a support-AT-medic-sniper-assault that way you just run over everyone. 

Yeah yeah yeah I know I just butchered the english language.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6761|Human Meat Shield

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Its quite simple really, all people want are points(myself included).
If there were a substantial amount of points given to the winning team then maybe people would care.
So true... the post should have started and ended here.. But I see ALOT of people recently switch sides at the end to get the win/loss ratio thingy.That's why these stats are bogus, you are actually playing against yourself, so if you aren't honest with yourself.....  Not saying all people, but majority.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6751|Brixham, UK
I dont ride in tanks so much, but when I am, i'm bloody paranoid about getting C4d whilst im still. In that, i'm alawys moving around the map, and if I do cap a point with a tank, it's in third person so I can see if anyone is coming up behind me. I only go back into 3rd person if an enemy appears.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6731|Finland
Well if some one whore with tank and get like 50 kills it mean 50 tickets away from enemy team and you say it's nothing? Oh c'mon! Vehicles should support own team while INFANTRY are capturing those flags and that's what whoring is. It's not that driver's foult if his/her teammates can't capture flag whehn he/she is killing half enemy team with tank/APC, it's infantry's foult.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6705|Norway

Teckademics wrote:

No dont get me wrong i will cap with my apc- tank but i play kark only jsut about so its not to had for them to spawn and just pull c4 out and boom im dead cause even if i was to go in 3rd person it would go so fast i would be fucked no matter what. i mean they spawn see me c4 boom. thats about 1.5 sec thats about how long it takes you to say oh shit before your ass gets toasted in your armor. what ill do is pave the way then have the team players go in and ill cover from outside - nearby so they sit there and cap the flag wile i keep all the nade whores off there back thus we get the flag there team dies and one more step for us winning the round ... but as said allready most of the time people will just spawn camp with the armor. its sad but true and we wont change that ... its jsut like the noob tube you use it but dont get pissed off till you get owned by it.. so If your getting spawn raped DONT SPAWN THERE simple as that as for the flag issue dont play alone .. im SURE you know at least one person with bf2. and trust me 2 people can take on groups of people if acting like a real squad as in say  one of you medic one assault  - just do what i do find some people you know and get on bf2 have a support-AT-medic-sniper-assault that way you just run over everyone. 

Yeah yeah yeah I know I just butchered the english language.
Oh man!!!

How about the occasional . in there somewhere? and ther's more of them right next to it
Charmin
+1|6685
tanks carry 120mm guns, not miniguns and since the blast radius of the tank main gun round is barelly enough to wake up my grandma, its not much use at close range.

Did you know in the WWII the germans could have repelled the allies from the beaches if it wasnt for the germans putting a whole panzer group in a nearby village. Tanks are made for long range battles, not close quarter.
The guy in the tank firing from a distance would be me giving them "surpressive fire" and for you "covering fire"
WormGuts
+17|6786|Dayton, Ohio

FoodNipple101 wrote:

Go Play Css
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh that's real mature.

way to show your age matches your shoe size.

i agree with the statement about being to close to the flag for capture.  people do spawn close by the flag and then boom ya.   the best way's i've found to combat that problem is to either change my view to an outside view to better see the sneaky bastards.  or to allow infantry to come in and take it while i give support fire.  if infintry proves they can protect my armor while capping then i'll move in.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6745
I am sorry but when I am in a tank unless I am surrounded by friendly infantry or the flag is one that has plenty of open space, I will not cap it.

The first and second flags on Karkand are horrible for armor to capture. Suburbs and train accident less so.

Its like being in a Blackhawk or an attack chopper while the pilot captures the flag, more often than not it results in those getting blown to bits. Frankly when capping an enemy flag that is pretty well guarded (like the first flags on Karkand), you are pretty much stupid to try and cap it because it will result in loseing your armor. You want to hold on to your armor for as long as possible.
Esker
+1|6719
Lol Tanks were not designed to take CP's they're designed to support infantry against enemy armour and infantry.

Tanks are not totally useless at capping flags though. If they'res only you in there, then yeah you're going to be a sitting duck because it'll take a while to cap and there's no one on the ground to cover you blind spots. It's not too bad with a gunner if he decides to jump out (most don't). Capping flags in tanks isn't adviseable unless you're very very good in a tank and even then chances are someone will manage blow you up.

APC's on the other hand, now they're far better at capping flags. They have a fast moving turret and carry quite a few guys so once you get to your CP they can jump out, capture the flag and jump back in and you can move onto the next flag. If the guys on the ground who jump out are worth their salt you shouldn't need to worry about anyone slapping C4 on you, chances are the guy who is going to spawn as Spec Ops there isn't going to be able to anyway because you'll already have taken it.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
No,no,no!!!!

If you have a vehicle,drive around the flag and provide coverfire till your buddies cap the flag!
Fahrenheit
+0|6771
I cover the flag while footties cap it...i , like many others have capped whilst in armour or other vehicles and know only too well the c4 man cometh!!....kubra dam for example top left flag on the mec side the one just up and right from their main base is a bad tactical flag to cap in a tank or APC cos u either gotta get out of the vehicle ...which means enemy can then get in or u got to park right on top of the door....i either go as spec opps and c4 me own vehicle..(dont give lifts in this case or dont blow ur c4) (also wait to see if enemy gets in vehicle...hahaha)...or hang back and request support....whilst suppressing the enemy...which often leads to spawn camping/stats padding remarks...u just cant win some days

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard