kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
You all know I'm a die hard PC gaming fan and not a console gaming fan but the Wii is just awesome Wii Sports in particular is great fun Tennis in particular. How many of you have a Wii out there? (I didn't even know it had Wi-Fi...pleasant surprise!)
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
I have one. Good fun, aren't they?

You should purchase the internet channel for it, if you're connected to your network.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6613|Gold coast, Aus.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6565
Wii 

Djbrown
+129|6488|Adelaide, Aussieland

liquidat0r wrote:

I have one. Good fun, aren't they?

You should purchase the internet channel for it, if you're connected to your network.
BL to not getting a Wii when they had the free version, im still using the Demo version of Opera, works perfectly and never cost a cent D

got any games yet... im sure we could give you some good ideas
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6328|Oregon

kylef wrote:

You all know I'm a die hard PC gaming fan and not a console gaming fan but the Wii is just awesome Wii Sports in particular is great fun Tennis in particular. How many of you have a Wii out there? (I didn't even know it had Wi-Fi...pleasant surprise!)
This quote is me.
I am the same....
I have a Wii!
Okay, first line of business... Get Bomberman '93.
This game is... beyond great to play with friends. Endless entertainment and very, very cheap. It's a VC game.
Also, get Mario Galaxy. Tons of fun.
I have Mario Strikers: CHARGED as well. It's a soccer (football) game and is quite fun. I recommend it if you have some pals who would like an arcade-y sports game.
Also, we could swap Wii numbers and play sometime.
Ummmmm. Get Gunstar Heroes. It's absolutely great. Another VC game.
And Super Mario World. That's great too. Anyway... Peace. Time for burritos
aLeX
.?
+160|6323|:D

I've got a wii

Get drunk and triple the fun factor, although for sober gaming I still favour my 360/PC.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6625|Sin City

I have one too. It's lots of fun to play with my 7 year old.
aLeX
.?

D6717C wrote:

It's lots of fun to play with my 7 year old.
Dude, that's illegal.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6625|Sin City

aLeX wrote:

D6717C wrote:

It's lots of fun to play with my 7 year old.
Dude, that's illegal.
Muhahahaha......let me re-phrase:

It's fun to play wii with my 7 year old.......dirty bastard
Entertayner
+826|6563

I will be soon.. I played on my GF's for about 2 hours and got up to the pro rating on tennis.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6763|Rotherham, England
Mii
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

I do, had it for about half a year now.

Is still a great way to reduce boredom.
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6380|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I like the bowling on it lol. Also Super Mario Galaxies is quite fun, you should check it out.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6635|England
I got bored of tennis after a few minutes, its nothing special, all you need to do is violently shake the wiimote.

The other games are toss too, especially the heat seeking fielders on Baseball

I'll stick to CoD4 over waving my arms around like a twat any day.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6429|Brisbane, Australia
I thought the wii was a POS..until i played it at my friends place the other day....i freaking want one. Tennis is so friggan awesome!
aimless
+166|6117|Texas
Wait one more month before you way wii sports is fun.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6836|Waikato, Aotearoa
U lucky lucky bastards.... Wii's arnt available in aussie - ANYWHERE IN AUSSIE.... fucken things are way too popular. My local gameshop had 25 units last monday and they all sold out in about 20mins.... now i gotta wait until the next stock up
Djbrown
+129|6488|Adelaide, Aussieland

Sgt.Davi wrote:

I got bored of tennis after a few minutes, its nothing special, all you need to do is violently shake the wiimote.

The other games are toss too, especially the heat seeking fielders on Baseball

I'll stick to CoD4 over waving my arms around like a twat any day.
Nice example, pity youve obviously never played Wii to give an opinion worth anything

-------

anyway if you havent played it before, check out resident evil 4 on the wii. If your grown up enough to not have a cry over the fact its a port of the GC versions graphics, the new controls make it one of the best games youll play, ive never even owned a single RE game so my opinion is hardly biased

Last edited by Djbrown (2008-01-19 03:16:42)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6383

I tried Wii, and I don't like it.  The sports feel clunky (well, the tennis does) and some of the less-thought-through games leave you with numb arms too quickly.
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6320|Londawn
They're great. I got Tiger Woods '08 for christmas, personally i don't like golf but the game is v good.
aLeX
.?

Let's all go round kyle's house, play on his Wii and do his mum. Woop!
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6549|Brisbane, Aus

I gots a wii, and cut my finger open on my steel celling fan few seconds later

self-owned
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6777|Perth, Western Australia
I have a Wii and it's fantastic. I have Sports, Play, Mario Galaxy, Heatseeker, Monkey Ball, and Resident Evil Four.

It really is quite enjoyable and if you are a first time Nintendo owner there is a whole back library of not only virtual console games, but also the avenue of Gamcube games, of which there were many great titles (F Zero GX, Smash Bros Melee, etc etc).

Oh, and jumping around and waving my arms in the air like a tool > Playing the same game (Call of Duty 4) that rehashes the same gameplay elements that have been around for years and have gone stale.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6565
lol

the cieling fan strike hehe

been there, done that.  Rearanged half of my living room to accomodate mr. Wii.  How sad is that? :s

A decent flight sim (the control requires a nunchuk) would be "Blazing Angels".  Its WW2, and the control is awesome.  Put out by UBI the graphics are nice for what it is as well.

We have Lego Star Wars...decent game, its fun, more so than I expected really.  Single or Multi-player.  Second player may join at any time.
Its loaded with little puzzles and what not etc etc.

If you happen to be a Star Trek fan I found one called "Star Trek: Conquest".  Its starship combat in a 3rd person (outside of ship).  You can conquest the galaxy or simply skirmish other vessels.  Unlocks available are races, ships, and maps.  If you arent a star trek/starship fan tho, you may not find it worth looking at.

I plan on getting a couple of shooters, I have seen a couple of the weapon attatchments for the controller/nunchuk...they look pretty cool, and smg or a shotgun style thing are available.  When i have a shooter, I'll have one.

I havent seen much for the Wii that was more than $20 US save the controller.  90% of the accesories I've seen/touched are worth their price I think.  Over all, I'm quite satisfied with ours.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard