idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6725|Debris From Space
I am now officially pissed off with this badge. How the hell do you people do it?? It's just NOT possible. Gun vs Knife NEVER works and since when do you come accross 18 snipers lined up in a row on some hill, ready to be knifed?? 64 Player karkand NEVER works, because one team ends up winning within 10 minutes. People ALWAYS turn around and kill you just as you sneak up to them. How can you people make it sound easy?? It's just TOO hard. 18 kills?? Most infantry people on karkand get just over 18 kills but with a fucking gun. Then when i finally get up to 17 kills (which has happened 2 times). The fucking round ends or I get kicked to make room for a clan member... Thanks alot, rather than kicking the guy that has a minus score and no kills and is basicly as much use to the team as a chocolate hammer, you go for the guy with 17 kills and 4th place in the MEC team. As for the people with this Award, I don't know how you done it. How could you avoid 18 people's bullets and knife them. One last point, I am sick to death with the so called fake slashes. When you actually hit the enemy in the head and hear the noise, but he doesnt die!!! He then continues to pump your sorry ass with 12 DAO shots.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
You must be swift, like ninja.

Try a 32 player server instead of 64, less people to shoot you.
ronin1942
+-1|6842
its definatly difficult (thats why its called expert). it killed my k/d to get that badge but it was fun trying for it.the best was jumping on top of support guys going full auto and stabbing them in the face.im shure i pissed off a lot of people going for this one.
warco3
+1|6727|Orlando, FL
Dude, I feel your pain. I also got 17 kills with the knife and of course, the round ends. It's a major pain in the ass to get this badge. I finally gave up. It's just a stupid badge. Besides, I had to make a new account to join an awesome clan, so it really doesn't matter to me anymore. Oh well!
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6749|Derby, England
It is one hell of a badge to get, and one that you need a lot of patience and self control to get. It's frustrating as hell, but it is possible.

Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.
AdamEcks
+1|6701|Canada, Eh.
Try the glorious flash bangs. I've gotten many kills with the flash bang + knife combo. I don't have my expert knife but i never try to get knife kills ever. Try throwing the flash bang over a wall or something then run in and get all the fools running in circles shooting randomly.
AdamEcks
+1|6701|Canada, Eh.
Try the glorious flash bangs. I've gotten many kills with the flash bang + knife combo. I don't have my expert knife but i never try to get knife kills ever. Try throwing the flash bang over a wall or something then run in and get all the fools running in circles shooting randomly.
Charmin
+1|6691
its not hard, old CS players will agree, when you have a close range combat and emptied both mags on machine gun and pistol, you start to knife fight.

What you can also do, i just ask any enemy out for a knife fight at a particular place in the map. Im more then willing to knife fight you if you like : )
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6805|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Thanatos247 wrote:

It is one hell of a badge to get, and one that you need a lot of patience and self control to get. It's frustrating as hell, but it is possible.

Here are some tips for you (from my knife post - http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=6764)

1. Play on maps where the flags are close together. When you die it's closer to get to the enemy flags.
2. Be a spawn whore knifing git. Everyone will hate you, but you cant expect the enemy to approach you to let you knife them. Hang around the enemy spawn point, and if you see them, knife them.
3. Switch to knife. Dont be tempted by that "extra couple of points for a machine gun kill", you need to get knife kills not machine gun kills for the medal.
4. If you are spotted from a distance and get shot at, run off around a corner. Most people will see you running, assume you are about dead and run after you. Knife them when they turn the corner.
5. Play on a 32 player server. Unless you are Rambo, a 64 player server is too crowded and you will get mowed down, a 16 player server doesnt have enough knife fodder. This is personal choice, find what you are comfortable with.
6. If you are halfway through the round with 1 knife kill, dont bother. Switch back to your main weapon and enjoy the rest of the round because you arent going to get your medal.
7. Be devious. Hide around corners, sneak up behind people. Drive a jeep behind enemy lines and approach them from behind. Do things that people wouldnt expect. Running through an open space with a knife in your hand towards a four man squad armed with machine guns is not a good idea.
8. Be patient. Wait until that person you are running behind stops, get your knife aimed for their torso, and bam! Knife them.
9. You will get killed. Lots. Accept it and keep your cool.
10. Medic! I found it best playing a medic because you can get extra points by healing and reviving to keep your score up, keep your own health up, and you dont tire easily when giving chase.
11. Luck. Sometimes a combination of skill, luck and noobs will get you this medal. I knifed a guy, his mate came in and revived him, so I knifed both of them. A bit of luck like that gets you almost halfway to your basic / veteran medal.
12. Perseverance. If you are losing your cool, play a few rounds with the gun. Then swap back to knifing.
13. Knowledge. Know your maps and your spawn points. If you arent sure where people appear, and you dont know your way around the maps, it's going to be hell.
14. Head for where you think the front line is. It will be where most victims await your cold steel.
15. UAV is vital. If you have a good commander, he will be constantly plaving the UAV where the most enemy are. If you are also in that area, you can see where your next knife kill waits.
16. Watch where people are facing. The mini map is invaluable in this respect. If you run around a corner and someone is facing you with a machine gun, it's going to be painful. If you wait a few seconds until they turn around, chances are you are in for a knife kill.
17. Keep your cool. I already said this, but it's a definate one to keep at the front of your head. If you panic when you are in someones face with a knife, you will get shot. Remember that if someone comes up to you with a knife, you panic because you know it's one stab one kill (in most cases).
18. Spacial awareness. In close combat when you have been spotted, spacial awareness is key. If your enemy if running around trying to locate you, if you are more spacially aware than they are, the kill should be yours.
19. Bunny Hop. I'm probably going to get loads of grief from people for saying this, but it you are running across an open space towards someone, or giving chase across an open space, and they turn around... are you going to stand there and take a round of lead like a man, or are you going to do everything you can to close those last couple of feet and take them out with your knife.
20. Go one servers where the admins dont get miffed because you keep knife killing them and ban you. Oh yeah, I've been there.
Excellent post! A lot of good information and well communicated. A couple additions and addenda.

21. Climb on to low roofed buildings. Most of the city maps have excellent opportunities for this, especially Sharqi and Karkand. This will allow you to drop down behind them as they pass with minimal loss of health. If they don't notice you, great. If they do, bunny hop and stab. With a little luck, they will empty their clip and present you with an excellent kill as they switch weapons or reload. Another thing to do is wait for them to climb the ladder to the building. Stab them in the face when they get to the top.

22. Look for flags that the enemy has caused to go neutral. You now know exactly where they are. More often than not they will be prone and susceptible to being knifed. Control points tend to be taken from the same location time and time again because these points offer the best vantage or protection, know where they are and exploit their weaknesses. For example at Sharqi, the easternmost US flag you will find the enemy prone either behind the sandbags or by the chimney around the corner. They are usually expecting enemies to come leaping over the sandbags blazing away. Go the long way around the building. If at all possible, do not approach from a spawn point. These are the areas that they will be most attentive to. Sometimes the enemy will lower his guard knowing that no one else can spawn, giving a slight element of surprise.

Addendum to 5: Look for high-ticket servers that are not full. These rounds go longer thus giving you more opportunites.

Addendum to 10: Other kits to consider are the Assault or Support kits. They offer increased body armor, which is helpful while being shot while you are hopping around them. (I’m sure that allowances will be made when going knife against gun from the anti bunny-hopping crowd out there.)

Addendum to 20: Hunt commanders. They are sometimes too distracted to be able fend you off. Good Commanders may see you coming and wait for you, but may not expect you to go straight for them. Bring along spec-ops buddy to blow his assets starting with satellite scan and UAV. Just let your buddy know that you get first crack at the kill.

Hope that helps!

https://lawprofessors.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bloody_knife.jpg
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6722|England
i got my expert knife badge spawn camping the alleyways with medic class (to heal myself) near hotel on karkand, it may be low but whatever, it worked.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
Thanks for the tips. I'm just going to spend all day trying for it now. Fuck deaths. I don't really care if my K/D ratio is bad.
Captain.Iglooo
+0|6701
I found a nice tehcnique trying to get my basic knife badge, i finally ended with 13 knife kills on the first try (i kept on knifing this round) with a positive k/d ratio !

I was in Fue She pass, on a 64 server with approx. 35 people. You juste take a jeep or a buggy, you run into people for raod kill, you DONT splat them but you exit your jeep right next to them. They will be running for sure, trying to avoid the road kill (Most of times, they were completely panicked) , so you just have to run and/or bunny hop and to aim their back

Although i've not made 18 kills with that method, i think its possible with some practice !
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
Thats it...I'VE HAD ENOUGH. DIE dammit. Fuck YOU Expert Knife Badge. I've tried 6 more times today and the round just ends... I'm sorry to say, this badge is not possible. 64 is too crowded and 32 is too small. You CANNOT get this without stats padding. It's just the very lucky people that get it. I've tried everything, bunny hopping, sneaking up on people (then the turn around and kill you in 1 shot), trying to knife some idiot jumping around all over the place and ends up killing you and when I finally get to four or five prone people too busy to see me, a teammate steals the kills or an enemy tank just so happens to turn the corner and kill me. I'm just fed up now, NONE of the maps work for this sort of thing. Fuck the badge. I'm just fed up with my bad luck. I'm just playing normally now, forget this shit.

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-31 10:56:08)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
All I have to say is......its not hard to do, you must meditate first though.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6787|England
I wasn’t going for this badge in the round in finally got it, well not when I started out anyway. I was just very lucky to come across a series of opportunities that made it so easy to get the badge I barely had to try and ended up with a score of 18-5.

Between the AFK guy I found, the 2 newbie snipers that camped the same roof throughout the entire round without looking behind them or using claymores and a couple of kills i had to work for. I guess I was pretty lucky
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
After some thinking i've realised I'm simply not ready to challenge this badge. I'll come back to it when I'm a better player.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6724|Twente, The Netherlands
Idiotofwar, if you would spend less time cussing and complaining in the server, maybe you'll get your expert badge one day. I was in the karkand server when you were calling me a 'hacker' for giving you a chance in a fair knife fight. Don't complain, play more and keep fighting. You'll get it soon enough then.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6749|Derby, England
idiotofwar - I refer you to articles of knifing, number 17

If you are really angry you wont get it because you start acting rash and get mowed down, making you more angry. Do not give up, just think how proud you will be when you finally get it, not because you have it in your stats, but because of the journey it represents.

Dont give up on the knife man, keep trying. You can do it.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6693|Ireland
Thanks i got my badge reading this.... this is what i did: i picked mec,, at the start of a round i would drive a vodnik behind the usmcs closest spawn point. When they start running shoot them in the back once(so they turn around) then stab them right in the facew
NukeDK
+1|6828|Denmark
I may soon smach/kill my keyboard i have tryed all day to get this GOLD knife an i only gets 15 kills
teh adam
+2|6685
I thought you could just get in a jet with your knife out and then your kills count as knife kills... i know it works to get veteran medic and stuff because one day I was flying and then the little award thing showed up. Not sure if you can do it for knife kills though.

Or did they fix this?

BTW I got my expert knife the hard way... on karkand sneaking up on snipers and staying in the alleyway knifing ppl as they went by.

Its hard but it is gratifing when you get it.

Also don't try to knife them in the chest... dive to the ground and knife them in the ankle. Those are the lethal shots :p

Last edited by teh adam (2006-01-08 19:46:00)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6751|Toronto, ON
I got mine in Gulf Of Oman.  I just used a Knife the whole round and ended up 24-16 (I forgot where the extra kills came from).

Dolphin Dive + Sprint is your friend against tubers/DAO-12'ers.
Alpha as fuck.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
Check my profile and tell me if its impossible.

Well yeah swift like a ninja like he said but as you can see im "berserk" so i just jump in and stab every one too so im more like a samurai then a ninja.
puchodog1977
Banned
+0|6745

idiotofwar wrote:

After some thinking i've realised I'm simply not ready to challenge this badge. I'll come back to it when I'm a better player.
the best comment ever!!!!!!!!!!!... i have been reading all about this crap.. think about this in "reallife" your running around a BATTLEFIELD with a knife and everyone is trying to kill you WITH GUNS!.. ill tell all of you that are whinning about the expert badge, get 500 hours in. get your vet badges in as much stuff as you can. then when your accually good at jumping ontop of someone and shankin them before you get teamkilled or spotted by someone else then go for the expert badge.. i would think that being the commander in karkland and right at the begining of the game , when everybodys out to kill and not thinking about their safety, sneek up behind them by running down the long fence on the left and spawn rape. uav all the time and use artillery in YOUR area.. if you have some roof cover , like the hallway across from the 1st cap in karkland .. people will be running for cover and you will be waiting for them with a shinny clean piece of steal. and with all the blurryness and commotion from artillery .. they wont even notice your an enemy.. i have my basic knife.. unfortunatly ..it didnt award me my vet badge , due to the fact you need the basic first..   but i got 16 kills this way on my first try at it..im not even that good at the knife (like most of us.you practically have to be close enuff to kiss his boots before you can swing it.   unfortunatly ..it didnt award me my vet badge , due to the fact you need the basic first..
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6686
*Polishes Expert Knife Badge*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard