FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6524|so randum
It's menta be ok, but if the airline tells you to do something, it's just a lot easier if you do it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HeimdalX
+37|6675

usmarine2005 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Phones can interfere with an aircrafts electronics, though it's hardly usual. The risk is still acknowledgen by most airlines and until it's 100% sure it doesn't fuck something up, keep your phone shutt.
On our aircraft, we have two EFB's (Electronic Flight Bags) in the flight deck.  They are connected via wifi (sp?) or satellite at all times.  They are basically mini touch screen computers.  Same freq range as cell phones.
exactly.

As both avionics and cellular phones get more and more advanced the more there is to worry about. In the past you could have just said that even though both communications for the plane and cell phones were both analog they might interfere, the range of frequency used by aviation is much higher than allowed for general use by civilians. You might have said that they forbid it just so they can charge you $5 for using their phone, which is a satellite phone so it isn't that cheap to use anyway.

Steam gauges in aircraft are quickly becoming a thing of the past, with completely digital/glass cockpits being the norm nowadays the hazard has increased. If some asshole wants to risk the lives of hundreds of people because he wants to  make a phone call then he should kindly go fuck himself. Hell the new A380 in a certain configuration will hold over 950 people, you want to be responsible for that going down because you had to call your mommy?

Oh and for NASA to blame any aircraft incident or accident on anything other than the pilot is saying something, all else fails they blame the pilot. Wing falls off and they never find out about it, they blame the pilot. Oh and most airliners in the sky are from the 1960/1970s, you going to bet the wires are as shielded as they should be that are running through that plane you're probably on? There's miles of wires.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6791|UK

Zimmer wrote:

Oh dear... you do know all this about mobile phones being used on a plane is bullshit. Right?
Using a mobile phone on a plane will make no difference to their radio communications and will not endanger the plane.
I've used it quite a few times. I am still here.
truth, its the same as in hospitals. It doesnt effect machines, its for increased revenues. You seen the amount they charge u per minute on those phones?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6709|Espoo, Finland

jord wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

jord wrote:

So has a plane ever gone done because of a mobile phone...?

Because using a phone on an air plane is hardly playing Russian roulette with yourself.
Not to my knowledge.
Right, so why are you getting so worked up again?
I hate people who don't follow safety instructions.

@Vilham, are you serious?

It's all just a huge conspiracy. All the airlines and hospitals are in it together to get that 5€ out of your pocket.

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-01-14 14:30:02)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6780|Scotland

Vilham wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Oh dear... you do know all this about mobile phones being used on a plane is bullshit. Right?
Using a mobile phone on a plane will make no difference to their radio communications and will not endanger the plane.
I've used it quite a few times. I am still here.
truth, its the same as in hospitals. It doesnt effect machines, its for increased revenues. You seen the amount they charge u per minute on those phones?
Maybe in Hospitals. But I haven't seen a payphone in a plane yet.
jord
+2,382|6702|The North, beyond the wall.

Gawwad wrote:

jord wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Not to my knowledge.

It's all just a huge conspiracy. All the airlines and hospitals are in it together to get that 5€ out of your pocket.
Oh. Then you're really gonna hate me...

And not that I believe it's a big conspiracy, but it isn't just £3. It all adds up, there's isn't just 1 call a day.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5986|Washington DC
I would just not use my cell phone. If I'm flying somewhere for vacation, well, I've got all the time in the world to talk to people. If I'm flying somewhere on business, the last thing I'd want would be to have my cell phone on and risk getting a call from the boss. Oh, and using your cell = being awake = being consciously subject to the horrors of not flying first class.

I really wouldn't use a cell in the hospital though, at least not in areas where it's prohibited. Bullshit or not, why risk taking a person's fucking life just so you can send a stupid text message to your bff jill?

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-01-14 14:33:34)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6524|so randum
Give a shit if it doesn't affect the plane or not, if you're told not to use your phone, just don't use it.

Who the fuck do you have to call that cant wait till the end of the flight?

I smoke, and even though i want a cig, doesnt mean i light up on board.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6360|Oregon
I turn my cellphone off just because they say so, but I'm aware that there's no interference. I've left various electronics on before during takeoff... and i've flown a lot.
It's not a serious issue at all... usmarine and zimmer have it right.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6780|Scotland

FatherTed wrote:

Give a shit if it doesn't affect the plane or not, if you're told not to use your phone, just don't use it.

I don't deliberately use my phone, but someone called, I picked up. Same when someone texted. Why not? I knew it was basically risk free and we were not taking off or landing.

So, basically, if you are told not to use a condom but with no apparent reason, you will do it?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6709|Espoo, Finland

Zimmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I don't deliberately use my phone, but someone called, I picked up. Same when someone texted. Why not? I knew it was basically risk free and we were not taking off or landing.

So, basically, if you are told not to use a condom but with no apparent reason, you will do it?
The key is to have the phone turned off, that way someone won't call you!

Great example by the way
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5986|Washington DC

Zimmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Apples and oranges dude... one can help prevent pregnancies, the other... uhm... keeps you in touch with your bff jill.

And another reason to turn it off: who wants a flight attendant bitching at them?

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-01-14 15:03:48)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6741

HurricaИe wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Apples and oranges dude... one can help prevent pregnancies, the other... uhm... keeps you in touch with your bff jill.

And another reason to turn it off: who wants a flight attendant bitching at them?
Flight attendant won't bitch at you if you are big white guy in Asian plane.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6780|Scotland

They don't bitch at me. I give them the look.
Something like this, but scarier
https://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/11/08/arts/09count600.jpg

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5986|Washington DC

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

What if the flight attendant is also one of those strict asian mothers who give their kids teh wihp if they don't get straight A+s (and if they have nude nuded or DURG talk on the computer)?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6741

HurricaИe wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

What if the flight attendant is also one of those strict asian mothers who give their kids teh wihp if they don't get straight A+s (and if they have nude nuded or DURG talk on the computer)?
They only take about durgs and nuded if you're Asian. If you're white you are too scary. Especially if you have blue eyes.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
mikkel
+383|6626

Zimmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

This is the other way around. Like you being asked to use a condom, and not doing it. On top of that, you have hundreds of other people suffering the consequences of you breaking the rules and regulations. It's not your right to take that chance for them, however diminutive it is.

Last edited by mikkel (2008-01-14 15:47:41)

jord
+2,382|6702|The North, beyond the wall.

Zimmer wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

It's fine Zimmer.

If you've ever been on a flight 6 hours+ and not in first class it's about as boring as colouring in a piece of paper with a Biro.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6791|UK

Gawwad wrote:

jord wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Not to my knowledge.

Seriously. Phones in hospitals are for revenue. My mum works for the PCT and ive got lots of nurse/doctor mates who are allowed to use their phones in hospitals whenever they want.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6514|Gogledd Cymru

I'm sure if mobile phones were that life threatening then they would be prohibited from being on planes whatsoever.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6709|Espoo, Finland

Vilham wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

jord wrote:

Seriously. Phones in hospitals are for revenue. My mum works for the PCT and ive got lots of nurse/doctor mates who are allowed to use their phones in hospitals whenever they want.
Please explain a situation where you need to use a phone in a place in a hospital where it is forbidden.

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-01-15 08:55:25)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6791|UK
They use them in the operating rooms. Seriously phones DO NOT effect machinery, the claim in hospitals atleast comes from about 15 years ago. which dont hold anymore, they just maintain those rules because hospitals make a tidy profit on their pay phones. My nurse mates use their phones on the wards all the time.

You do realise in hospitals the rule of not using ur phone is EVERYWHERE, not just certain areas.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6555|The lunar module
Hi.

Here's a big, royal Fuck You to all the idiots who disobey safety regulations in airplanes and hospitals.

I do not want to travel with you, and I do not want you to visit a hospital where someone I care about is being treated.

Thanks.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6780|Scotland

apollo_fi wrote:

Hi.

Here's a big, royal Fuck You to all the idiots who disobey safety regulations in airplanes and hospitals.

I do not want to travel with you, and I do not want you to visit a hospital where someone I care about is being treated.

Thanks.
Ah, of course, the IDIOTS he disobey SAFETY regulations. Yeah, I think we clarified that it really wasn't a matter of safety.

You don't want them to? Ah, of course, because you have so much say in what they want to do.

Reality check mate, this is the world. We are human beings. It will never be a good place, no matter how much we try to make it.

As for the fuck you; thanks, highly appreciated from a guy who thinks a mobile is going to kill someone in hospital.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6555|The lunar module

Zimmer wrote:

As for the fuck you; thanks, highly appreciated from a guy who thinks a mobile is going to kill someone in hospital.
You're welcome. Please turn on your phone's GPRS or 3G mode when you're connected to a mechanical ventilator, a syringe pump or an external pacemaker.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard