bEAv3D
+24|6702|Fayettenam, NC USA
y0, I just wanted to let everyone know that the )HTH( clan has added a second server.  It is currently running I/O and we are trying it as a 24/7 Ghost Town.  It's doing well thus far.  Also, we still have our first server ( THE CHICKEN SHACK ) and it is running a rotation of SF maps.  The IPs and other info are in my sig. 

We usually host good game play, so stop by and check us out.

www.hthclan.com

Thanks.

)HTH( bEAv3D

Last edited by bEAv3D (2008-01-16 15:12:16)

THE_Z(+)DIAC
+1|6764
one of the best servers going, that is the regular chicken shack, lots of very good players have been there lately. good map rotation, warlord, ghost, surge, and mass.

Last edited by THE_Z(+)DIAC (2008-01-15 21:50:13)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6336

Why don't you get your Battlerecorder working? I think you have it, but it doesn't work when I go to download it. Or maybe that was a different SF server...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6390|the land of bourbon

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Why don't you get your Battlerecorder working? I think you have it, but it doesn't work when I go to download it. Or maybe that was a different SF server...
maybe this is why its sooo choppy when i'm trying to fly on that server.  i get a good ping, but man the frames lag when i circle or shoot tvs.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

I've played ur servers in 2142, good bunch!
bEAv3D
@zodiac - thanks for the kind words.  we do try to run decent servers, and hopefully we will live up to any expectations.  i've seen you on quite a bit lately, and we appreciate you stopping by.

@dooomed - Battle Recorder should be working on our original CHICKEN SHACK server, but not on the IO.  We will work on that.

@steelie - i hate that you are having frame lag on the shack.  We are constantly tweaking the settings, so be sure to stop by and see if any of our adjustments have made a difference for you.  we appreciate your feedback.

@jsnipy - thanks for the compliment.  we have tossed around the idea of getting a 2142 server, as we do miss the future from time to time.  we'll see what this year brings us.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6116|Birmingham, UK
Played there once, liked it, going back too.
howler_27
+90|6695
Good deal.  I enjoy playing there.  Good luck with the new server guys.
bEAv3D
@General and howler - thanks for the good words.  I look forward to seeing you on.
Fateless
+36|6251|Jennifer Connellys Pants
I've played there a fair bit, great guys and they stamp out glitcher's etc damned quick.

Fateless.
HTHTucoTheRat
+2|6158|Clemson, South Carolina
Information on the CHICKEN SHACK Battle Recorder:

The original "vehicle" server files are working fine.  The I/O...Not sure what the hell is wrong with them but we are working on the problem.

As far as the Battle Recorder contributing to the lag...Well, we have the quality setting set to 1 for the Battle Recorder to reduce lag to a minimum.  I have decent pings myself ( average 35) but every now and the I do see an increase in lag while flying...No clue there as to the reason.

Ok, as far as cheats and hacks and other assclowns are concerned...PLEASE REPORT THEM TO US!!!  )HTH( is trying it's best to provide a fair and fun place to play.  Your help can go a long way to keeping it that way.  If you suspect that someone is glitching and/or hacking we would be very interested in finding out.  On our website, hthclan.com, we have a complaints thread...Please feel free to use it, because that's what it's there for.  Be sure to include any information that may help us...Date, time, and proper suspect alias.  We can look at the Battle Recorder files and the PB screenshot logs.  Oh, I almost forgot...Just because you don't see an )HTH( tag doesn't mean an admin isn't there. 

All that being said, please join us on either CHICKEN SHACK.  Oh, and for the clanners out there...Feel free to register your tags on our website.  This will allow CC smartbalance to recognize your clan for team switching (ie play with your friends).
propyl
+11|6707

steelie34 wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

maybe this is why its sooo choppy when i'm trying to fly on that server.  i get a good ping, but man the frames lag when i circle or shoot tvs.
We only store the last 100 games. So if you wait 2 or more days it's likely that the file has been erased.

Also, there does seem to be an issue 64 player servers and battle recorder. It records but bf2 will crash when you load it.

As for the lag. We have the recorders set to 1 which is the worst quality, you shouldn't suffer any lag. Most servers can handle upto 5 before lagging. If you are having lag its more than likely something else. You might try a tracert between you and us and see if there is a hop with a longer return time than normal. Both servers are Virginia based.

Thanks guys!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
I like the SF regular server and play on it often. I have a strong dislike for both IO and 24/7 G-Town servers so I'm going to stick to the SF regular one.
propyl
+11|6707
yeah i dont play there either lol.

nah im kidding. That IO server is less than 30 days old, ghost seems to keep it running so, for now it is the only one in the rotation.

Thanks
propyl
+11|6707

jsnipy wrote:

I've played ur servers in 2142, good bunch!
I miss that server even though it crashed about 5 times a day.

Those were some fun times.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6737|Michigan, USA
you guys need to change your kick time down to 1 or 2 minutes.  waiting 5 minutes to reconnect sucks when your kicked for some stupid pb packet error. 
propyl
+11|6707

signa wrote:

you guys need to change your kick time down to 1 or 2 minutes.  waiting 5 minutes to reconnect sucks when your kicked for some stupid pb packet error. 
Okay it's fixed. We did some PB config updates the other day and 5 was the default in the update. I set it back to 1 minute.

I believe there is also a fix for the pb packet error some where. If I remember correctly it's fixed by installing the latest version of punk buster. I know it was a problem for a lot of vista users.

Good flying the other night signa

I always enjoy being chauffeured around the map by a great pilot 39/0 wasnt a bad haul.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6737|Michigan, USA
hehe thx.

werid thing is sunday i updated all my pb games with pbsetup, then tue. they had another new pb update for bf2. =o

ps. !b propyl
propyl
+11|6707

signa wrote:

ps. !b propyl
lol yeah, they can't take me anywhere. I've stopped going to other clan servers because I get banned. It never fails. I am either called a hack or some other name and then out comes the !b propyl ::insert lame comment here::: follows.

So i just made it my tag. Save them some trouble
Imagorilla
M95 > Apache
+5|5936|US of A
This is the server i go to when every where else the ping spikes around 200.
i enjoy going where i can play with 40-50 pin and where the admins do thier job but not to the point of abuse.
Thanks for a great server.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6157|San Antonio, Texas
BattleRecorder doesn't work for me, either. And you guy's server does lag more than others, and both servers I get the same ping. o.o

Still, nice server running most SF maps. Very few do.
propyl
+11|6707
Our second server is running a similar rotation minus the battle recorder if that helps you with your lag. It is also a 64 player server with the same rule setup and a few more maps in the rotation. Gator and Devils perch are in it.

64.34.182.176:16567
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6157|San Antonio, Texas
Oooh, I'll look into it.
m0v3m3nt
+15|6165
I've just been playing on the first server, it's decent. People working as a team, and it's a lot of fun.

propyl
+11|6707
Just an update

We put our 2142 server back online and also just added a COD4 server

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard