Poll

FIREFOX V IE7 is it better and should i get it

yes get it84%84% - 138
no it blows15%15% - 26
Total: 164
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
Can someone please tell me the diffrence between FIREFOX & IE7

i mean is it better, will i lose all my favs if i install it, is there any real benifits to getting firefox, i mean i am happy with IE7 as i have not known any diffrent from IE.... just that i see a lot of you guys use it

ps did a search found some stuff on this but not any reall proof as to wheather its better

Many thanks all advice appriciated
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6573|USA
yes, no, better, cool, its really your choice.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Firefox is more secure, and you can import bookmarks from IE7 into Firefox.
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
get Opera. Better that any of the options you put out.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6159|Anaheim, Mexifornia
Everything is better
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6231|NSW, Australia

its personal choice, i like it

i think when you install it there is an option to just import your favourites and stuff, if not its not that hard to copy them over.?

just give it a try for a month or so
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live
Firefox is significantly more secure than IE and when you use the Adblock plus extension it will block most ads. No ads is a huge improvement.
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark
Opera is the fastest one and is most secure. its great in every way and I have not had any problems with it.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6641
The question is.

What isn't good about Firefox?
Alone+EasyTarget
+38|6359|From: From: From:
i used to use IE7 but ended up getting firefox coz you can mod it etc to run faster, loads vids (streaming) faster etc etc..tis just cool
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland

ThaReaper wrote:

The question is.

crashes on QuickTime sometimes

spoils a good fap tbh...
stef10
+173|6484|Denmark

Alone+EasyTarget wrote:

i used to use IE7 but ended up getting firefox coz you can mod it etc to run faster, loads vids (streaming) faster etc etc..tis just cool
Opera does that too.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6166|California
For me personally, it doesn't crash on me as much and make have to find the url i was looking at again.  However, the few times that it does crash on me, it recovers whatever i was looking at before and i can continue with my work.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

Most of what people say is just anti MS bull but there are enough differences between IE7 and FF2 for you to make a choice (but a lot less than when IE6 vs FF1.5)

There is no reason not to download and try.

It will give you the option to import all your settings so easy to try....

You can then have both and easily swap which is the default browser (both have that option to set) when you make up your mind.

Last edited by KylieTastic (2008-01-11 16:53:13)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

Airwolf wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

The question is.

crashes on QuickTime sometimes

spoils a good fap tbh...
Quicktime is gay anyhow.

I hate how it hijacks all your file connections (VLC, WinAmp, etc, and any downloadable video/audio opens up in horrifying quality with it instead of downloading!) and simply fucks up and around in your computer.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6470

Lots of the mods Firefox has come default in Opera.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6638|USA
Firefox started tabs and IE copied that....firefox is more secure....they have the religion of mozilla...about:mozilla...dont do it unless ur on Firefox

its easier to use..other stuff
Wraith
+30|6581
I was on IE6, moved to Firefox and then tried IE7.  Firefox seemed better than IE6, but there was not much difference between FF and IE7, except for (possibly) a slight performance boost on IE 7.  I'd say if you have IE7 and are comfortable with it then stick with it.  Some people have said FF is more secure than IE(insert version number here), but I've had no problems on either v6 or v7.

In functionality, I'd say there is no difference.

FF may be more secure as more people (especially people who don't know enough about other browsers to choose and also don't know enough to protect their comps with AV / anti-spyware etc) use IE so more viruses target it, but other than that it's a matter of personal preference.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6807|Portland, OR, USA

Anything but IE. IE7 is a huge step in the right direction, but still had a mind of it's own when it comes to rendering webpages.

Plus, extensions hands down give the cup to Firefox.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6752|the middle of nowhere
IE7 is slow .
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

I got firefox once, then added a skin to make it like IE7.  However, the skin only worked for Vista so I went back to IE.

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6001|The Mitten
Well, (correct me if wrong) but I think it really depends on what you are going to do on the internet(inb4fap... wait... nvm).

Most commercial sites are built for IE(7/whatever) because it is considered "default", but sites built buy others who use FF are more compatible with FF. I believe Chuy wrote BF2s for FF., and that is why some errors only happen with IE7 (it was the karma box, i believe. Someone check it, if you care)

Also, it's more personal preference, especially with IE7 copying many features ::cough:tabs:cough::...
EE (hats
geNius
..!.,
+144|6444|SoCal
Firefox is better, simply because most spyware attacks are based on IE.  If you have spyware/adware problems, then get Firefox and be done with it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
w0ls0n
+16|6548|Maine
Go to this page using IE:

http://goodcleanemail.com or
http://freebsdrocks.net

My sites don't allow you to view them using IE and explains exactly why.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard