ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647
So whats up with this world? We have a corrupt government who thinks they can be heroes by pissing everyone else off by jumping into every violent situation that turns up. People discriminate other people for being a different color, or coming from a different country, or speaking a different language, or believing in something that they do not. If there is a god who can perform miracles, why doesn't it do something about us. We have innocent people getting killed worldwide for no plausible reason.

If we can spend over 1,000,000,000 dollars a month on the war in Iraq, why can't we manage to find a cure for cancer, or diabetes, or AIDS, or any of these other diseases. Why can't we send in help to places that really need it. There are kids in Africa and Asia dieing from hunger and disease and being overworked. hey don't even get a chance to see the potential this world has.

We could be a place where people got along. Where everyone could have decent meals each day. Where people who served for what they believe in didn't get thrown in the streets to die and get fucked over by everyone else. Where everyone was healthy and lived a rich, fulfilling life and get to experience some of the greater things. Where people don't treat other people like trash because their only escape from death and poverty is to go to the only place where they might have a chance to succeed.

Where everyone makes enough money to be able to feed their kids. Where people don't shoot each other because they have a different color shirt on. Where children can be free to be children and have fun instead of being piled with responsibilities of an adult. Where the needy are taken care of instead of being ignored or being spat on. Where people aren't such assholes and don't lie to each other or even need to lie. Where you could be free to be whoever you feel like without crowds of people in your face telling you that you're wrong and that they are right. Where the need of a miracle is diminished.

Where humans don't manslaughter the only beauty left on this dwindling planet. Where when you watch the news you don't have to see someone crying their eyes out because the only person that meant anything to them was dieing or dead over some stupid shit like a war with a country who had no intentions of harming us. Over something like cancer which could easily be treated if our government would invest into cure investigations.

A world where children could be loved by their parents instead of beaten to death or molested every night. Where everything was nice and calm and nobody had to constantly carry around a fatally heavy burden of any sort. If only we could but there are so many judgmental, ignorant people in this world that will not allow it. Such selfish people who care only about themselves or their family. Instead of all of us being killed they should take our place.

Found this and thought it was a good short read. Discuss.

Last edited by ThaReaper (2008-01-09 19:11:02)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL
my vision just got real blurry...
adam1503
+85|6395|Manchester, UK
Would you mind splitting it up into a few paragraphs?  Just makes it a bit easier to read is all...
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6338|teh alien spaceshit

adam1503 wrote:

Would you mind splitting it up into a few paragraphs?  Just makes it a bit easier to read is all...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

What did paragraphs ever do to you for you to ignore them so?

Edit: Thanks.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6765|06-01
paragraphs plz

edit: lol 4 requests for paragraphs in a matter of moments (literally)

Last edited by tthf (2008-01-09 19:11:28)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6577|Portland, OR, USA
This is no perfect world and human nature dictates some pretty nasty stuff.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647
I just found it interesting because most of it is true. Sorry about paragraphs =P

Last edited by ThaReaper (2008-01-09 19:13:33)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6765|06-01
and in response to the OP; Utopia doesn't exsist. unfortunately.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL
reason why: global population ~7 billion

far too high, there simply isn't enough to go around

god help us when we hit 10 billion...
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6760|Florida, United States
Look at Japan after World War 2. They didn't have an armed force (besides ninjas lol) to spend money on, so now they are one of the most technological advanced countries. With no army, they could have use their time constructively. I'm not saying having an armed force is bad, on the contrary you need self-defense, but when you don't have one you can set your priorities to something else. Hopefully one day we will live in a world with no violence and no army. But hey as long as there are two humans on the face off the planet, there will always be disagreements.
CommieChipmunk

S.Lythberg wrote:

It's terrifying to think about... but a pandemic will, unfortunately or not, probably solve that problem when we become too overpopulated though.
adam1503
+85|6395|Manchester, UK
Ok, I had to rean it cos you put paragraphs in lol.

All unfortunately true.  In my opinion a lot of the problems come from the "Us against Them" mentality.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

CommieChipmunk wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

It's terrifying to think about... but a pandemic will, unfortunately or not, probably solve that problem when we become too overpopulated though.
yep, viruses evolve too...

apparently the cold virus is developing a lethal strain right now...

not the best source, but i've seen it on other, more reliable places too.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647
Well, the U.S. had so much money to use, but we had to go to Iraq and waste billions. A lot of that money could have gone toward cancer cures or a cure for AIDs. They might of actually found a cure by now if we wouldn't have wasted all that money on Iraq.
adam1503
+85|6395|Manchester, UK
Just think how much youll waste on Iran...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

ThaReaper wrote:

Well, the U.S. had so much money to use, but we had to go to Iraq and waste billions. A lot of that money could have gone toward cancer cures or a cure for AIDs. They might of actually found a cure by now if we wouldn't have wasted all that money on Iraq.
cure for aids: stop screwing people with aids.

the AIDS virus can be completely eradicated in twenty years or less if people would figure that out.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647

S.Lythberg wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

the AIDS virus can be completely eradicated in twenty years or less if people would figure that out.
True, but some people don't even get tested for it, then they go and have sex with a lot of people and the virus goes on.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'll do you one better.
Global population ~7 billion HUMANS
aimless
+166|6132|Texas

S.Lythberg wrote:

ThaReaper wrote:

Agreed.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

DesertFox- wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'll do you one better.
as if any other non-insect species is anywhere near so prolific.

I say impose a two child max, to slowly reduce the population.
ReDevilJR
+106|6358
Why does this remind me of Al Gore?
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6647

S.Lythberg wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'll do you one better.

I was just thinking the same exact thing, but would would they do if you had more then two children?
CommieChipmunk

S.Lythberg wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I'll do you one better.

I've been saying that forever.  No one needs more than two kids and few can support that many these days (the price of college for one...)

But that would make too much sense

ReDevilJR wrote:

Why does this remind me of Al Gore?
Because you're a self proclaimed "ultra-conservative" and anything that makes sense will instantly be shut down by a smart ass remark.

Last edited by CommieChipmunk (2008-01-09 19:37:18)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

ThaReaper wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I'll do you one better.

I was just thinking the same exact thing, but would would they do if you had more then two children?
some sort of insanely high tax, isn't that what the chinese did?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard