Afrika_18
+26|6535
Seriously.  I've been playing Oblivion for the last year and recently returned to the BF series.  I started with BF2 and it was fun, but then started 2142 again.  I just find everything about 2142 far superior to BF2, but it seems that most people still prefer BF2.  So, to the BF2 diehards: what is it specfically about 2142 that you don't like?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6637|Camoran's Paradise
I quit because of rampant stat padders, hackers, and wall glitchers.  Hell, I found the server where the ADMIN were doing all three.  I gave up on the game after that.
BluRR33
+27|6380|Sweden
BF2142 Suck ! that's why BF2 is much better, everything is so confusing in 2142 its much funnier with BF2
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

BluRR33 wrote:

BF2142 Suck ! that's why BF2 is much better, everything is so confusing in 2142 its much funnier with BF2
So that's all you have to say? Nothing but "BF2142 sucks thats why BF2 is better"?

LOL @ You sir

Tbh i think BF2142 is alot more solid than BF2, less bugs, better feel and simply better

(I do like flying around in choppers more than i like zooming around in gunships though)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

Lack of competition.
Shit weapons.
Shit gameplay.
Too easy.
FloppY_
­

The Sheriff wrote:

Lack of competition.
Shit weapons.
Shit gameplay.
Too easy.
True, too many noobs in 2142, sadly.....
Weapons are way better in 2142, and they actually reg. every time (except for the knife)...
Better and more balanced gameplay than BF2 tbh...
The easy part is synonymus with the "too many noobs" problem....
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
2142 is no where near as diverse as BF2.
I know fucking karate
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6635|can

The Sheriff wrote:

Lack of competition.
Shit weapons.
Shit gameplay.
Shit maps.
Too easy.
Fixed and QFT'd.
FloppY_
­

justice wrote:

Explain please?

There are more possible kit-combinations in 2142 than in 2...
Same amount of vehicles if you exclude jets (which was awesomely removed, thx DICE you got that one right *thumbs up*)
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6292
bf2142 is WAY better than bf2 jsut give it up. 

Btw afrika what ur account name>
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6648|UK
iv played both for a very long time actually since the day they both came out, i prefer 2142 for the simple reason is that there are no jets, i know i could have just played games with no jets... the other reason is that there was so many bad glitches in bf2  like getting under buildings and so on.  both games have noobs, both games have idiots.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

justice wrote:

I agree with that.

Bf2 had a great deal of variety and hard to obtain rewards/ranks. In conjuction with the fact that many of those people pouring hours into the game, didn't really want to do it again.

2142 had nothing to compare to the jets/choppers of bf2. Feels like they got lazy.

I think another hit was that titan mode, however fun ran so bad on so many people's system.

Nonetheless I like it, better teamplay and reguardless to what many haters say the man+gun, although not guns & ammo relaistic, is more fine tuned (balanced).  The main I still play it is that it starts up faster and I can get into a game faster ... whereas most bf2 servers i see are IO nade spam fests.

Last edited by jsnipy (2008-01-08 11:50:06)

FloppY_
­

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

iv played both for a very long time actually since the day they both came out, i prefer 2142 for the simple reason is that there are no jets, i know i could have just played games with no jets... the other reason is that there was so many bad glitches in bf2  like getting under buildings and so on.  both games have noobs, both games have idiots.
TBH 2142 has just as many building glitchers...... once I got teleported into a house by lag :S  I didn't even try to get there
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6158
when I heard that BF 2142 is coming out soon I thought it meant the end of BF2. good thing I was wrong
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6336|New York
BF2 is more true to life and more easy to relate to with its real weapons and vehicles.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6819|Lithuania
2142 is nothing but a mod of BF2. The lack of variety and change from BF2 is what keeps people from playing it... it's essentially the same weapons and vehicles reskinned (with an exception of a few), and that makes the game lose its value.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Afrika_18
+26|6535
I miss the choppers in BF2 too, but I don't miss the jets at all.  It gets pretty ridiculous on Wake unless you are the Chinese and are lucky enough to spawn close to an available jet.  That said, if they offered a new 2142 expansion with jets or facimiles  thereof, I'd snap it up just like that, lol.  One thing I don't like about 2142 are the rdx jumpers...you find them on servers where ff is turned off, bouncing around and dropping rdx.  Against these guys you don't have a chance unless you have rdx and you get them first.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6407|Finland

I just reinstalled 2142 and NS
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6629|USA

Afrika_18 wrote:

Seriously.  I've been playing Oblivion for the last year and recently returned to the BF series.  I started with BF2 and it was fun, but then started 2142 again.  I just find everything about 2142 far superior to BF2, but it seems that most people still prefer BF2.  So, to the BF2 diehards: what is it specfically about 2142 that you don't like?
i still like it but its off my comp because of a problem i had and i was deleting a file that i THOUGHT fixed it since i coudlnt find what to do on the internet...id like to get it back but PR is better than 2142 imo because i like 2142 because of the teamwork points but PR has better than that
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
Wtf did you do for a year in Oblivion?

Complete everything?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6515
choppers are a joke. infantry movement sucks. most of the people were absolutely horrible (no teamwork). just never felt right to me, although it was fun as hell stat-padding with friends and getting 1st place on the leaderboard. long live titan air drops
Christbane
+51|6227
the bf2 people who hate 2142 are often, but not always,  the epeen addicts who go for the tough awards that other people <noobs> cant get. so they can screen shot and whack off to their latest elite award.

I still like bf2  but I have alot more fun playing on 2142 because im a noob I guess and people tend to play more as a team.
Dersmikner
+147|6491|Texas
I play BF2 because I own a .45, I could see myself shooting an M95, and it seems like something I could do. I could climb on top of a roof at Karkand and cap someone. No way I could jet pack around and laser blast anyone. It's a question of suspension of disbelief for me. I don't play Star Wars either. Same sort of thing. I'll watch it, but I'm into BF2 because it's as close as I'm going to get to that sort of shit without quitting my job and re-enlisting, which I wouldn't do for all the money that all of you have, combined.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland

Dersmikner wrote:

I play BF2 because I own a .45, I could see myself shooting an M95, and it seems like something I could do. I could climb on top of a roof at Karkand and cap someone. No way I could jet pack around and laser blast anyone. It's a question of suspension of disbelief for me. I don't play Star Wars either. Same sort of thing. I'll watch it, but I'm into BF2 because it's as close as I'm going to get to that sort of shit without quitting my job and re-enlisting, which I wouldn't do for all the money that all of you have, combined.
I lol'ed

There's no jet packs and lasers in 2142.
Lai
+186|6143
Imaginary future weapons simply aren't as much fun as the stuff you see on the tele each day

jsnipy wrote:

justice wrote:

I agree with that.

Bf2 had a great deal of variety and hard to obtain rewards/ranks. In conjuction with the fact that many of those people pouring hours into the game, didn't really want to do it again.

2142 had nothing to compare to the jets/choppers of bf2. Feels like they got lazy.

I think another hit was that titan mode, however fun ran so bad on so many people's system.

Nonetheless I like it, better teamplay and reguardless to what many haters say the man+gun, although not guns & ammo relaistic, is more fine tuned (balanced).  The main I still play it is that it starts up faster and I can get into a game faster ... whereas most bf2 servers i see are IO nade spam fests.
First pad included that the titan remained stationary after it shield were down,.. didn't fix the lag but spoiled all the fun. I only played the demo, but I remember that it was in the final phase that titans were moved the most and indeed it was then that their location mattered the most. If you had two good teams you could do titan V.S. titan battles with the onboard guns and drop pods or you could have one titan chasing the other. The concept was fun, but completely ruined after the first patch. Doesn't make sense either,.. why would it not be able to move after the shields are down?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard