NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6350|Atlanta, Georgia
I just got my 8600gt in the mail today,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814150230

So i installed it with no flaws got the updated drivers from nividia and i tested it on halo. I got a few more frames. Not an impressive amount tho. Tested it on COD4, it automatically configured itself and it went pretty good. But when i play css its like there's NO change what-so-ever. I had an old 7600GS 256mb ram and it was made by eVGa. My 7600 got 40-60 fps in css and my 8600 only gets around 45-65 at times. I know it wasn't that great of an upgrade but it should perform better than this.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

You cant make garbage look better with a magnifying glass my dear sir.

CSS graphics will never get better no matter what card you install
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
FPS wise my friend FPS wise.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6784
send me your 7600...ive still got the 6800
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
my friend just came over and took it fight him
Eugefunk84
+48|6542
8600gt? y would u even bother? spend a little more and get sumthin better. its never worth upgrading for marginal performance gains. anyways, i recommaned you  look at some benchmarks for your card and see how it shoudl stack up. keep in mind, you numbers will probably be about 5-10fps lower than what benchmarks tell u. ive never seen anyone get the saem benchmarks as those that are published haha, even with identical rigs.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

2tuff wrote:

send me your 7600...ive still got the 6800
It's basically the same thing, I made that mistake a year ago.

6800 almost = 7600GS

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

Eugefunk84 wrote:

8600gt? y would u even bother? spend a little more and get sumthin better. its never worth upgrading for marginal performance gains. anyways, i recommaned you  look at some benchmarks for your card and see how it shoudl stack up. keep in mind, you numbers will probably be about 5-10fps lower than what benchmarks tell u. ive never seen anyone get the saem benchmarks as those that are published haha, even with identical rigs.
Gtfo with your ZomG!!!ii!i!11!I get An 8800 Nub shit. Ok so even if it is alittle lower than shown then how come it only works in one game and not the other?
Varegg
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Was kinda what i meant with the analogy, you cant get CSS to perform better than it allready does with a lesser card seing as it is getting very old ------ old like in it needs a heavy makeover to give any advantage from installing a better card witch again could have gotten you a better FPS.

Your car doesn't go faster because of a paintjob, you need to tune your engine no

Last edited by Varegg (2008-01-07 16:49:47)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Eugefunk84
+48|6542

Varegg wrote:

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Was kinda what i meant with the analogy, you cant get CSS to perform better than it allready does with a lesser card seing as it is getting very old ------ old like in it needs a heavy makeover to give any advantage from installing a better card witch again could have gotten you a better FPS.

Your car doesn't go faster because of a paintjob, you need to tune your engine no
well, if his FPS is that low, sumthing wrong. make sure that the FPS lock isnt on in the console. I think the command is "cl_maxfps 100"

where 100 is the max frames u want. Also dude, i dont see why u got mad at my last post. Just common knowledge that you shouldnt bother upgrading for only a small gain to be expected. I recommend u research your purchases a bit better in the future to see what you can expect from your product. I mean, you dont buy a car without a test drive, right?

Like i said, try the fps command, if that doesnt work, try reinstalling the drivers. if that doesnt work, then im afraid you card is just not that powerful. I woulda held on to my money, save d alittle more and gone fora  better purchase, tbh...
Eugefunk84
+48|6542

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Eugefunk84 wrote:

Gtfo with your ZomG!!!ii!i!11!I get An 8800 Nub shit. Ok so even if it is alittle lower than shown then how come it only works in one game and not the other?
and i actually do have an 8800, whats your point?
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
We'll no harm by my reaction. Its just my reaction to all people that tell me to get an 8800. So you are saying varreg, that to get a higher fps i need better proccesor and ram? A video card should atleast jump it up 15-25 fps correct?
Varegg
+2,206|6818|Nårvei

NeXuS4909 wrote:

We'll no harm by my reaction. Its just my reaction to all people that tell me to get an 8800. So you are saying varreg, that to get a higher fps i need better proccesor and ram? A video card should atleast jump it up 15-25 fps correct?
No ... i'm saying you should get better FPS rates in newer games with a newer card and expect nothing from an old game as CSS ...
Dragonclaw
+186|6314|Florida
Just to let you know, the 7600GT and the 8600GT dont have much difference. You pretty much wasted money on a pointless upgrade that wont really increase your performance any. A 7900GT would have been a better choice.

Last edited by Dragonclaw (2008-01-07 17:02:38)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9723/81638602xa9.jpg
Dragonclaw
+186|6314|Florida
11 FPS? Rofl?
Volatile
+252|6713|Sextupling in Empire

If you follow the tech section to even the smallest degree, you know that this card is garbage.

1st mistake: you should have waited till february for the 8800 GS

2nd mistake: you didn't get an EVGA that you could have "stepped-up" later.

Last edited by Volatile (2008-01-07 17:07:44)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6206|Winland

You've just re-bought your old card. Don't expect any performance gain.

the *600 series from nVidia has been good until now.

5600 = 2x 4600, 6600 = 2x 5600, 7600 = 2x 6600, but 8600 = 7600. Even GS.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard