plaid_retina
+10|6714|Memphis, Tn
I know this question has probably been beat to death and I apologize ahead of time but here is my question.   

I bought the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight joy and I can't invert it, I want it to go up when I pull back and down when I go forward like a real plane, any help would be greatly appreciated.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center
uh oh...i just bought that exact joystick.  i havent played with it yet...but i hope i dont get that problem.

my guess is...go into BF2 controls and try to invert it from there.
plaid_retina
+10|6714|Memphis, Tn
I tried, it has no option. When you set the pitch its the same key for up and down no matter what direction you move the stick. It's a cool controller but I need it inverted to fly correctly.

Last edited by plaid_retina (2005-12-29 19:53:41)

Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6763|I'm worldwide, beotch
I have this joystick, and it works. When you change your control settings in-game, make sure you roll it the right way :-)
shikimoribito
+0|6752|México
My suggestion is: configure it, calibrate it and try it in singleplayer first... Nowadays everything comes with manuals, google exists, forums exists (with searching capabilities). But sadly, mental nor verbal configuration of hardware is not yet possible.
plaid_retina
+10|6714|Memphis, Tn

shikimoribito wrote:

My suggestion is: configure it, calibrate it and try it in singleplayer first... Nowadays everything comes with manuals, google exists, forums exists (with searching capabilities). But sadly, mental nor verbal configuration of hardware is not yet possible.
I searched it dude, only reviews came up, I even went to the Logitech site. I knew I would get this kind of childish smart ass response.

Last edited by plaid_retina (2005-12-29 20:02:50)

PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6746
I have that exact joystick. When you're setting the controls, make sure you move the joystick in the direction you want specifically. Things like Pitch Up and Pitch Down, Roll Right and Roll Left will pickup what direction it's being moved in and automatically fill in their opposite with the other direction. Just be very percise when you move the stick while setting controls and it will work fine.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6765|The United Center

plaid_retina wrote:

shikimoribito wrote:

I searched it dude, only reviews came up, I even went to the Logitech site. I knew I would get this kind of childish smart ass response.
wow, calm down.  he wasnt being a smartass.  he gave you ideas and tips.  the last part was only a joke.  stop taking things so offensively, especially after someone tries to help you out.
plaid_retina
+10|6714|Memphis, Tn
It works now, I should have experimented more, anyway thanks for the quick responses. I wasn't trying to be rude, it's just such a typical response.

Last edited by plaid_retina (2005-12-29 20:33:58)

Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6763|I'm worldwide, beotch

PinkSugarHeartAttack wrote:

I have that exact joystick. When you're setting the controls, make sure you move the joystick in the direction you want specifically. Things like Pitch Up and Pitch Down, Roll Right and Roll Left will pickup what direction it's being moved in and automatically fill in their opposite with the other direction. Just be very percise when you move the stick while setting controls and it will work fine.
Roger that. While it may say "JOYSTICK AXIS 1" for both roll right and roll left (as opposed to +1 or -1) , the game definitely differentiates between the two directions. If you want to pitch down, ensure that you push down only. If you want to roll right, push right only.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6774

plaid_retina wrote:

shikimoribito wrote:

This from some one that cannot figure out the differance between up and down when configuring controlls.  BRILLIANT!

Either your joystick is not calabrated, or your did somthing like, push the joystick forward hit the set key buttion then release it, so it moves the oposite way.  But as serveral people with the same joystick have mentioned, it does work, you just screwed somthing up.
Stanners_UK-NI
+1|6687
i got an older joytech stick, but i only have usb on my pc, can u get a converter? and wat do u call the port joysticks go into that is not usb?
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6771
you can set it in the BF2 menu, When you asign a Joystick direction or key.
When you click the asign key in the game have the joy in relax posiotion and pull in the desired direction to alocate the key.
I have the same joystick and it works great.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard